Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Top speed of derbi senda?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

shippy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 07 Mar 2012    Post subject: Top speed of derbi senda? Reply with quote

im getting my bike de-restricted next month by my local bike shop and i was wondering how fast its going to go after?

right now with the restrictors still in place it goes 40-45mph with 11tooth sprocket.

what would be the best size front tooth for it and what speeds will that achieve?

thanks in advance Smile

shippy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 07 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a derbi senda x-race R 2011

janner_10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:38 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

49.37 mph
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Martay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:53 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 10-15mph less than the speedo says!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SpannerMonkey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:33 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's doing 40-45mph... it's de-restricted at least partially already.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:25 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

200mph while popping a mad wheelie. The popo will never catch you.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 10:12 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's modified, to the exact same spec as the factory, full-power, 'motorcycle' version; and has no degredation losses from however much wear and tear its suffered; then the specs quote 8bhp (crank) & a top speed under factory test conditions; ie the smallest lightest rider they could find, in greased spray-on leathers; & two mile, slightly wind assisted run up, 65mph...

Real world, speedo is likely to say ANY damn thing.

Claimed power, is crank and likely to be inflated, but gives a real-world 50-55ish, if you thrash the knackers off the thing to get it there, & it doesn't sieze before you do.

Meanwhile; I presume that for this MASSIVE amount of extra speed, you have followed the protocols of the C&U regs and RTS and will be having the vehicle re-registered under the new taxation class of 'motorcycle'; declaring the modifications to an equivilent factory specification, to the insurance company, and riding it on provisional motorcycle entitlement? Rolling Eyes Because of course, the criminal genius of riding such a 'monster' on a moped licence, doesn't quite extend as far as fact that law says a moped cant go more than 35mph, so soon as you are spotted doing so, pretty damn obviouse it ent restricted, and you are breaking as many laws as slapping the mopeds number-plate on a Hyabusa.... becouse the machine ENT whats declared on the Registration document......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:27 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are looking around 45mph fully derestricted on an average day, 48mph on a good day.

55 on the speedo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:16 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:

Meanwhile; I presume that for this MASSIVE amount of extra speed, you have followed the protocols of the C&U regs and RTS and will be having the vehicle re-registered under the new taxation class of 'motorcycle'; declaring the modifications to an equivilent factory specification, to the insurance company, and riding it on provisional motorcycle entitlement? Rolling Eyes Because of course, the criminal genius of riding such a 'monster' on a moped licence, doesn't quite extend as far as fact that law says a moped cant go more than 35mph, so soon as you are spotted doing so, pretty damn obviouse it ent restricted, and you are breaking as many laws as slapping the mopeds number-plate on a Hyabusa.... becouse the machine ENT whats declared on the Registration document......

So, maybe best to do what Mike has told us he did in his youth and ride without licence, tax or insurance? Wink

shippy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:23 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answers that were actually something to do with the question,

If I wanted stupid answers then I would of wrote something like 'I'm only joking about this and please give me a stupid answer for the fun of it'

If your not going to help then what's the point in replying?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:27 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

shippy wrote:

This is "bike chat forums", not "bike do what I tell you then die forums" Wink.

Of course, your above post isn't on-topic either, so you're just as bad Wink.

CB77
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:36 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of these pass me at about 65mph last week. To be fair it was on a bike trailer being towed by a car.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:12 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

shippy wrote:
If I wanted stupid answers then I would of wrote something like 'I'm only joking about this and please give me a stupid answer for the fun of it'

Wait, it was a serious question? For realsies? You're actually spending money on trying to tune a ped for speed, this isn't a wind up? Confused

Timmeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:15 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Re: Top speed of derbi senda? Reply with quote

shippy wrote:
what would be the best size front tooth for it?

1 tooth Thumbs Up
20:22:30 BLUEX5: i would love to be forced to undergo a**l plugging with different sizes
20:48:18 Temeluchus: comp you hunk of smouldering homos3x you

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:17 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
shippy wrote:

Wait, it was a serious question? For realsies? You're actually spending money on trying to tune a ped for speed, this isn't a wind up? Confused

Turdborg. It has a certain.... ring to it..

Razz

(it wasn't me it was the Fairies who made me do it.)

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=240694

Laughing

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:38 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think terminal velocity of a bike like that would be between 150-200mph.

Do don't know it's coeffient of drag do you? I would work it out proper then Thumbs Up

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
I think terminal velocity of a bike like that would be between 150-200mph.

Do don't know it's coeffient of drag do you? I would work it out proper then Thumbs Up

I think it is about this much:

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 13:39 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
So, maybe best to do what Mike has told us he did in his youth and ride without licence, tax or insurance? Wink

I have never told people what to do or what not to do; just helped inform their choices... but if you are going to break the law, may as well bu hung for a sheep as a lamb...
Meanwhile; I didn't ride 350's, 500's & 550's without licence, tax, mot or insurance.... I had ALL those things.... they were just not in MY name Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 toof front sprocket will make ur bike go mega fast

https://www.ultimatech.net/Images/jpg/Parts%20Images/Sprockets/3-4tooth%20log%20chain%20drive%20sprocket-Big.gif

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:40 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:

Oh, purleease, that's not even trying. The class could consider these comedy names:

Rogerbore
Todgerborg
Wrongerborg
Rogerbrag

I've been trolling since Prestel, he'll have to do better than that. Very Happy

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:54 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Walloper wrote:

Oh, purleease, that's not even trying. The class could consider these comedy names:

Rogerbore
Todgerborg
Wrongerborg
Rogerbrag

I've been trolling since Prestel, he'll have to do better than that. Very Happy

Roger_and_Out Thumbs Up

Usher4566
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:23 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

shippy wrote:

I compleatly agree with you on this coz all i get on my post are people correcting my spellings ,or people with there head deep in there own arse and there is no need for it .as all we are looking for is knowledge .with the exeption of a small minority of helpfull people .I had many of my 50s hitting 60/65 wen was youger ime sure you can get your derbi doing that sort of speed

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:40 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usher4566 wrote:
shippy wrote:

I compleatly agree with you on this coz all i get on my post are people correcting my spellings ,or people with there head deep in there own arse and there is no need for it .as all we are looking for is knowledge .with the exeption of a small minority of helpfull people .I had many of my 50s hitting 60/65 wen was youger ime sure you can get your derbi doing that sort of speed

Speilling and grammer isn't an art form from the Gods. MS Word comes with it free and there is a spell chequer on the forum too.

If you read the rules of the forum it makes note of how difficult and irritating it is for others to read poor grammar and misspelling.
Phonetic spelling is the worst-est.

It is simply a matter of respect.
An alien concept these days is seems.

And piss taking is normal everywhere.
Get over it.
Or in other words, pull your own head out your own butt.

Last edited by Walloper on 22:42 - 08 Mar 2012; edited 1 time in total

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:41 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usher4566 wrote:
shippy wrote:

I completely agree with you on this because all I get on my posts are people correcting my spelling, or people with their heads deep in their own arses and there is no need for it, as all we are looking for is knowledge - with the exception of a small minority of helpful people. I had many of my 50s hitting 50/55 when I was younger, I'm sure you can get your Derbi doing that sort of speed.

FTFY.

Our concern is more over the why than the how. If you're going to choose to ride outwith your license, and possibly with voided insurance, then there are far more stylish ways to do in than on a pimped up ped.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 23 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2