BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Help!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dane123UK
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:21 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

Hey, still got the 100cc aerox, fixed everything else and come a cross a new problem.

one day, i was casually riding at about 25mph as a bit of traffic, then all of a sudden my bike wouldn't slow down. at one point i hit 50 with my hand of the throttle.

i have narrowed it down.

the throttle cable seems fine, the carb has been cleaned and the idle screw when turned doesn't make a difference, that should mean its past the carb right?.

so, i checked the manifold, i came across the rubber peeling off around where the screw holes are. but anyways my reeds seem closed.

i will upload some pictures of the manifold at the end of this topic as my garage said it could be to do with air leaks.

also i have noticed when i start my bike, it revs by itself so i have to keep hold of the break....when i shake the bike, it drops the revs back to the normal 2/3k revs. now this might be just me being stupid, but is there maybe too much oil in my tank? (tank premixed). how ever this problem occured before i put more oil in.

anyone help me?!

thanks
Fairies attack This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Dane123UK
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 02:16 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairies attack wrote:
Have you checked for the throttle cable stuck?

There could also be a hole in the pipe between your air box and carb.

I've not done this in a while, but that is my first thought. You can shut the throttle off and it will keep revving because of the slack in the cables.

thanks for your reply.

i have checked throttle cable, it seems to be fine pulls back and forth correctly and i have a sports filter on my carb but that hasn't been the problem.

this may sound stupid but may i have to much oil in? one day my friend put loads of oil in not knowing how much to use, even tho i already had just put some in, when i shake the bike it seems to 'mixes' and drops the revs, or is that just stopping the fuel going to the carb making it loose power?

im a noob at bikes as you can tell but i don't want to pay stupid money at a garage only to be a stupid problem. besides my local garage is £60ph and there ripping off shits and take there time just so you pay more.

SpannerMonkey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:11 - 08 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldnt be the oil. Check for air leaks, damaged needle in the carb, there's a few other possiblities but I'm knackered Sad will read again tomorrow

Dane123UK
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:33 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleTomos50 wrote:
It wouldnt be the oil. Check for air leaks, damaged needle in the carb, there's a few other possiblities but I'm knackered Sad will read again tomorrow

my needle seems loose, but i don't want to spending money on parts i don't need, i also dont want to pay labour at £60ph for somthing such as changing the carb.

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF I was you I would undo the throttle taking pictures if needed and then check see if the actual throttle case is broken. Apart from this I would check the throttle needles that go into the top of the carb make sure they are planted correctly and move up and down with ease also that they don't get stuck.

Throttle needle is my main point of call in my opinion as you said shaking it normally sorts the revs out.

Also now this is an important notice I on its own always is a capital letter just so you know.

Dane123UK
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 02:47 - 10 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:
IF I was you I would undo the throttle taking pictures if needed and then check see if the actual throttle case is broken. Apart from this I would check the throttle needles that go into the top of the carb make sure they are planted correctly and move up and down with ease also that they don't get stuck.

Throttle needle is my main point of call in my opinion as you said shaking it normally sorts the revs out.

Also now this is an important notice I on its own always is a capital letter just so you know.

so if its the needle, what can I do to fix this?

and haha, I was in a rush to post it, im not good at English anyways but thanks for the correction lol

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:11 - 10 Mar 2012    Post subject: Re: Help! Reply with quote

Dane123UK wrote:
at one point i hit 50 with my hand of the throttle.
Firstly check what colour power band is in there, this could be a major problem in slowing down an over-impulsive moped.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 21 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1