Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

YBR 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sid_The_Sloth
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:18 - 02 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that, but still didn't go no matter how much a sueezed. Plus when I tried to tighten the bolts for it the nut on the inside of the lamp just spun so i had to keep the light off. Bit annoying likes but the angle grinder was fun to revisit lol. I've not had any issues with mine falling or excessively moving either so seems alright without the lip.

Tomzo47
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:48 - 02 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

if I wasn't selling my bike soon I'd have that screen in a second
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

JustGraham
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:07 - 03 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:
As this is after all a pictures thread:

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/555026_10151471238965054_816330053_23824721_71253027_n.jpg

Dont let anyone tell you that something "wont" fit on a YBR. It can be made to - Did a long run Maidstone - Lancing like it. Although i did have to skip out the last very crosswindy section of the A27 and cut through brighton. The return journey convinced me that i'd most likely be dead had i attempted that section..crosswinds start to affect you quite badly when heavily loaded, and fuck me was it windy!! Laughing

And the bike with "Official Yamaha Long Distance Fuel Tank" Laughing

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/559185_10151465863295054_816330053_23805402_2061976242_n.jpg

Following the stupid panic buying, i couldnt chance getting a call out and not being able to get petrol/wait two hours to get to a pump...so ran the bike on cans during the day, refuelling after every job so i had a full tank heading out, and refilled them at 2am. Problem solved. It was a VERY careful ride home though...how many bike crashes dya see where sparks dont go everywhere?? Shocked

As a note, if filling cans up on the back of your bike whilst it is on the centre stand, around halfway through the second can the bike WILL do a see-saw motion and chuck fuel up the side of it as the nozzle is pulled out of the can. Did i feel clever or what Rolling Eyes

Like a boss ! Thumbs Up Laughing

Look's a tidy bike mate Thumbs Up Karma

jonjo84
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:16 - 04 Apr 2012    Post subject: Where can I get a Gladiator kit or side scoops for my ybr125 Reply with quote

Recently just bought a ybr 125 (2009 model), because well,, i rode a friends and well love them.

I really love the look of gladiator ybr 125, as well as 2010 ybr, with side scoops, but well, found this 2009 ybr at a price i couldnt refuse.

and well was wondering if anyone knows, if i can fit a gladiator replica kit to it, or just large side scoops like the 2010 model, if so, where can i find them.

cause well so far after alot of looking around and asking theese same questions,, still no luck ARGGHHHH!!!!

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MattJ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:01 - 12 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy that post and make it a thread in the Workshop section. Very informative and the pictures are great, should be a big help to YBR owners but might not get noticed in here. Thumbs Up

ceekay
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:40 - 12 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that is a great guide. Definitely be using it soon to change the headlights but i'll still be like this:
https://img.anongallery.org/img/4/1/i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 12 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceekay wrote:
Man, that is a great guide. Definitely be using it soon to change the headlights but i'll still be like this:
https://img.anongallery.org/img/4/1/i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

Piece of piss, even I managed that! The lip on the headlight mind fucked me though, like iain says, just make sure you get the top bit in first, and line up the screw holes right Thumbs Up

Amazingly handy Iain, yeah lets get this in the workshop section! One for my bookmarks!!

and that's what I intend to do with my exhaust, although I wasn't going to take it off, just spray it sloppily the best I can Rolling Eyes Laughing

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:45 - 12 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really good and easy to follow post Thumbs Up

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 12 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good guide there. Get it copied over to a thread in the workshop though.

I also just realised i welded up the drain hole in my brothers ybr thinking it wasnt supposed to be there. Embarassed

ceekay
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:59 - 13 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, this is excellent. This post needs to have comments removed and stickied somewhere. Great job.

Having tried to hit a top speed last night I quickly realised that, as you said, 65mph is the limit (downhill Shocked ). The wee 125 seems to pull enough for me so (correct me if i'm wrong) a larger rear sprocket would help?

My understanding is that this may result in more acceleration lag but ultimately a higher top speed?

Is that essentially what you've done here? I'm checking because you mention that the acceleration is quicker and it will reach a higher top speed.

I thought there was a trade off.

Again, Would love to see more of these. Thumbs Up

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:14 - 13 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceekay.

A YBR wont see more than a genuine 70 ... even down a hill.
Even if you gear it for 80, it will not have the power to get there.

There is a distinct trade off
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ceekay
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 13 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, makes sense guys. I'd like to be able to get to the single carraigeway NSL without ragging the tits off it.

Will do a bit of reading on it - your guide will be invaluable too.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:32 - 13 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:
Paddys right though - 80mph would take balls of steel and a massively long steep hill, with perfect weather conditions Thumbs Up

I've indicated 92 on my GT125 with 2 people down a hill.

I've indicated 86 on the CBR in Tunbridge Wells.

GT was GPS'd at 82, but it wasn't standard at all.
CBR was probably a genuine 70-72, maybe more...but its the highest I've ever got on one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diddylord
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:06 - 13 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

really interesting and well written thread, I used to have a ybr almost identical to yours, one thing that kept it looking almost like new when I sold it with 4,000 all weather miles on it was acf 50, brilliant stuff and stopped any rust forming anywhere even the exhaust.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 07:56 - 14 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time, just spray the inside of the chain Thumbs Up

JustGraham
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:21 - 14 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality thread Ian, Will be very helpful to some people and nice clear pics too Karma

ceekay
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 18 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered some Osram Night Breakers for my YBR. One thing to note is that the 2008 model YBR is not the standard H4 fitments (should have checked, I know). So.. anyone want to buy some cheap H4 bulbs? Wink

Also any suggestions to replace the crap stock bulb?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6