Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

YBR 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 05 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are renthals lower than stock?

need something that goes over my big ass knees, still 2big
just need to pass tests Thumbs Up

Chris d Pirate
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:19 - 07 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest bar risers with renthals on the YBR, when i had them the riding position just seemed all out of place. But i feel it's a necessary modification as the stock bars will just bend if you ever drop the bike, which for a learner is common. And as a commuter, prevention is better than cure.

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 07 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris d Pirate wrote:
I suggest bar risers with renthals on the YBR, when i had them the riding position just seemed all out of place. But i feel it's a necessary modification as the stock bars will just bend if you ever drop the bike, which for a learner is common. And as a commuter, prevention is better than cure.

1 RTC and several bins and my bars are fine

Are renthals wider though?

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 more crashes on and a write off later
Bars still fine Laughing

Pics broke Thumbs Down
Can't find the other servicing thread, unless this is it, hard to tell without pics Crying or Very sad
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

smarjoram
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:35 - 29 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:
Bars still fine Laughing

Pics broke Thumbs Down
Can't find the other servicing thread, unless this is it, hard to tell without pics Crying or Very sad

sod getting renthals on a ybr, spend your cash on a full licence and a proper bike i reckon? Its the equivalent of upgrading a 1ltr nissan micra - ghey and pretty pointless..

sure, if you've bent the shit out of them get some, but u haven't alpha!

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:50 - 29 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

smarjoram wrote:
Alpha-9 wrote:
Bars still fine Laughing

Pics broke Thumbs Down

sod getting renthals on a ybr, spend your cash on a full licence and a proper bike i reckon? Its the equivalent of upgrading a 1ltr nissan micra - ghey and pretty pointless..

sure, if you've bent the shit out of them get some, but u haven't alpha!

I never mentioned wanted rrenthals did I Laughing

Slightly higher bars would be nice so my legs stopped getting trapped at low speed bar turning angles, but they're wider too so fuck that

My bikes been written off again anyway , billy no bike </3

smarjoram
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:24 - 01 Dec 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know what u mean, i have to stick my knees out when doing u-turns.

You crashed again then? Neutral

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 15 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at H4 conversion... is there a cheaper option? Razz

Like just a better bulb? I have that crappy fitament ^
Something that wont whore all my battery, esp if combined with heated grips preferably Wink

Not above changing the whole headlight unit as its fucked
Something like this shit https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-3-4-12V-MOTORCYCLE-HALOGEN-HEADLIGHT-HEADLAMP-CRYSTAL-CLEAR-H4-BULB-60-55W-/370546774111?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item56464f105f

But the wiring's obviously going to be different so I dont see how I can use anything but stock?
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:04 - 15 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:
YBRs dont have a man enough generator to handle hotgrips.

Mebbe try the scooter specific ones by oxford, but the proper oxfords just drain the battery out before they get propperly hot.

Any bulb holder can be fitted, just chop the plugs off and put different ones on innit. Any round headlight that fits in the mounting points will work.

Bollocks don't they, mine work fine.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 15 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:
My oxford grips were bollocks from day one!

Paddy will vouch for generator not being man enough. You get about 15mins of lukewarm and then the power light goes red & flashes and the grips get cold. Thats on an EFi bike w/a 55/60w headlight.

Oxford grips, ybr125 no worky. Tried, tested and full of fail.

I have oxford grips, I have a YBR125, I have a halogen headlight bulb.

They work fine. I've done over 1000 miles with them, the bike always starts on the button, and when coupled with muffs you have to turn them off around town as they are too warm.

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:57 - 15 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grips are R&G got them for christmas innit Thumbs Up

Do either of you use a motobatt or have you got a shit battery Iain?

I found the stock battery would drain from so much as failing the electric start a few times, the motobatt is bloody brilliant, bike started first time after being in pieces for 2 months Cool

I don't want to chop any looms, if anything i'd by extra wire that attaches into the original connectors then chop that up rather than damaging OEM parts...

Any links or hints on the halogen light front? "just chop the plugs off and put different ones on innit" doesn't really help unfortunately (plugs?!), but thanks Laughing Thumbs Up

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 15 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My battery is 8 years and 40,000 miles old and still perfect Smile

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:40 - 16 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you wire the grips into the rear brake as i've heard?

I'd have thought then they only work when you use the brake or is it pushtobreak circuit rather than push to connect?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:13 - 16 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:
Do you wire the grips into the rear brake as i've heard?

I'd have thought then they only work when you use the brake or is it pushtobreak circuit rather than push to connect?

DUUURRRRRR

Relay using the power source (something that is being given 12v) such as the rear brake switch or wiring to rear light.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Boris the spider
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 22:35 - 25 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

New to this forum and found this thread. Graet pics and info.
Just recently purchased a 2008 YBR 125 for commuting , saves using the big Kwak.
I have also fitted a Puig screen from the German company on fleabay.
Makes a huge difference.
I also put on a fender extender thingy to the front mudguard.
Well worth the money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 292 days between these two posts...

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 14 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao, he could have at least let it go out with some dignity like mine and crashed it several times and stuck 'A9' house numbers to it Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Alpha-9 on 18:01 - 05 May 2014; edited 1 time in total

UnspeedySam
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 14 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

J.M.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:24 - 15 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:
Day of purchase @ 3k miles

https://i.imgur.com/u8jKXJ4.jpg

Mayday run 2012 @ approximately 6,500k

https://i.imgur.com/QirCGpJ.jpg

Courier work...

https://i.imgur.com/JmJ4vzD.jpg

Photo's in the park...

https://i.imgur.com/FlIXuAL.jpg

And was sold in that condition minus the screen. Washed religeously, waxed every week at a minimum, ridden every day & never let me down. 16k I put on it and sold it in almost as good condition as I bought it in despite riding in all weathers & mechanicly sound.

Then the fucktard I sold it to fucked a brand new chain/sprocket set in less than 2k miles & did this;

https://i.imgur.com/q968Hu7.jpg

And now this thread: https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=280855&start=25

RIP YBR Crying or Very sad

At least now we don't have to worry about you trying to buy it back Very Happy

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 15 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old YBR got written off about two weeks after I'd sold it.

I know the person that bought it too, they're avoiding me because I said I'd punch them in the face. (I won't, but it's funny none the less.)

UnspeedySam
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 15 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the sad reality of selling 125s. I'm about to sell my Jianshe to a mate who has just passed his CBT, who knows if he'll look after it or be a shit rider and ride it straight out my drive into a wall. Laughing

People that buy scooters or bikes without any thought or care about how they are going to keep it in good condition really do my nut in. Evil or Very Mad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 157 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6