Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

piaggio typhoon 50 wont start

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

bmurray69
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:21 - 27 Mar 2012    Post subject: piaggio typhoon 50 wont start Reply with quote

Hi I am new to this but I just bought a typhoon 50 and it was ok for a few days but I think today it may have run out of petrol and when I put petrol in the tank and tried to restart the bike igot nothing. any ideas what is the problem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MyCarVsYourHe...
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 06:06 - 28 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long did you spend trying to start the bike? take of the air filter and cover the hole with your hand leaving a small gap and then get someone to try and start it. Always worked for me when I ran dry.

Ps, you "think" you ran out of petrol? how sure are you.

Martay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:20 - 28 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the carb ran dry then it will take a few minutes to restart.
You could have sucked some poo out the tank into the carb? Start by trying to drain the float bowl. This will tell you if there petrol getting to it and hopefully bring any rubbish out with it. Bottom of the carb, small, normally flathead, screw. Unscrew until fuel comes out of the drain tube. Retighten when its stopped.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bmurray69
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:53 - 28 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks people will try these suggestions
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1