Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Restriction of CB-1

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scootaloo
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:06 - 26 Mar 2012    Post subject: Restriction of CB-1 Reply with quote

Hello All

Was wondering of the best method of restricting a CB-1

I heard having the washers made then taking it to a Dyno was the most cost effective way?

Any particular way to do it?

Cheers, Scootaloo

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:20 - 26 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just grab some washers from ebay and fit them. Won't need a dyno but depends how paranoid you are. Never got in crap with my restriction and I never bothered with the 33hp stuff, even crashed Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scootaloo
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:32 - 26 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
Just grab some washers from ebay and fit them. Won't need a dyno but depends how paranoid you are. Never got in crap with my restriction and I never bothered with the 33hp stuff, even crashed Laughing

Well.. Ultimately I don't really want them, Unless I step outta line I'm sure I'll run the two years without issue. I just thought you needed the certificate to be insurable? Although now I think about it they probably don't even ask for it. All the better for them when I get into shit and they don't pay up.

If I don't bother as long as I'm safe and keep the speed down there's no reason to get it into a pickle, unless I get very un-lucky.

Cheers, Scootaloo

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:46 - 26 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not needed, you just say its restricted, if they want proof, go to someone else. Swinton don't ask for proof of anything...even licence Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

anthony_r6
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:48 - 26 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some insurers may ask for it, others don't. Mine did not (though it is restricted and I have paperwork for it). I crashed on my bike, the police radio'd in and found out I was on a restricted license, cop then asked dispatch how they would know it's restricted and they said something about the throttle. He asked me how it was restricted and I said it was in the carbs. He said "I'll take your word for it" and left it at that.

If you're involved in an accident with someone else where it looks like you could've been the cause, speeding or not, the opposing insurance company might see you're restricted and demand you're bike is tested as a way of putting all responsibility on you. Is it worth it?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:50 - 26 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishing shot on throttle cable... do it. Allow it to move about 12mm

Scootaloo
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:58 - 26 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnPhonEh wrote:
Some insurers may ask for it, others don't. Mine did not (though it is restricted and I have paperwork for it). I crashed on my bike, the police radio'd in and found out I was on a restricted license, cop then asked dispatch how they would know it's restricted and they said something about the throttle. He asked me how it was restricted and I said it was in the carbs. He said "I'll take your word for it" and left it at that.

If you're involved in an accident with someone else where it looks like you could've been the cause, speeding or not, the opposing insurance company might see you're restricted and demand you're bike is tested as a way of putting all responsibility on you. Is it worth it?

fuck no!

Guess I best start hunting down some washers, best see what size I'll be needing, unless anyone know the correct size for the 89' jap model?

Cheers, Scootaloo

Scootaloo
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:01 - 26 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:

Really? It's that easy

Blimey, This is such a big jump for me, might as well have it at 33 Bhp as I will not know the difference. (but will after I take it off)

Cheers, Scootaloo

SpannerMonkey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:14 - 28 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure I have CB-1 restrictors lying around here... Last bike was a CB-1 actually Very Happy

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:37 - 28 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:

Hey, how did you get away with that?

I mean, without Tef tearing you a new exhaust hole for suggesting it? Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1