Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Derbi Senda Cross City - Miles or Kilometres?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

GTR1400
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:55 - 13 Jun 2012    Post subject: Derbi Senda Cross City - Miles or Kilometres? Reply with quote

Hi guys Smile

Just wondering if anybody could point out what the Derbi Senda Cross City records its mileage in if you have any experience with this bike. It's Spanish. The clocks have kmh as primary, in the bigger circle around the outside, and mph as the smaller reading on the inside (opposite to most UK vehicles).

This would instantly lead me to assume that the mileage is recorded in km, however it does seem that when I've been on the bike that it records closer to a standard miles reading. I haven't checked this properly, but I am going to give it a proper test today, taking information from google maps about a journey, and comparing it to my bikes reading.

If it's supposed to be in km's, and isn't giving an accurate reading, what could this be due to? I know that I haven't checked my tyre pressure for a few weeks (tut tut, I know this is very important.. don't slate), could it be anything to do with that?

Any info is appreciated Smile.

Cheers

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:03 - 13 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say KM if that's primary on the clocks. Try riding from Sleaford to Lincoln or something. If it says about 11 it will be miles, if around 18 it will be KM. The only thing i could think of which would change the readings would be the diameter of your wheels!
I take it it's a foreign import then, be careful when it comes to MOT's as I think they need work with the lights.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:24 - 13 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other half's cross city recorded in miles.

GTR1400
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:13 - 13 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
The other half's cross city recorded in miles.

Yeahh, seems mine does as well. Went out earlier and saw a sign from Buxton saying 20 miles to Matlock. Quick look at the clocks, and another quick look when I got to Matlock, and it was showing I'd gone 19.8 on my clock, so must be in miles.

Slightly odd though considering the speedo is primarily in km. Not gonna complain though, just means I've got more biking experience than I thought Razz.

And Ben, I hate the A15 so no ta ;P.. bloody nasty road D:. Seems I've got it sorted though Smile.

GF-91
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:29 - 13 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh I had one, I'm pretty sure it was in kilometres though Thinking

It went in to the workshop and the guy who was filling in the papers wrote my mileage down in kilometres too...

I loved my derbi although it had a couple of problems, how you finding yours?

GTR1400
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:33 - 13 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

GF-91 wrote:

It went in to the workshop and the guy who was filling in the papers wrote my mileage down in kilometres too...

Eeeh, well mine is pretty accurate with mileage based upon road signs Razz, so unless something is seriously wrong then mine is in miles Smile.

Had a couple of problems.. although it seems that after a couple of pops to the garage and some TLC they've ironed out Smile. Mainly to do with battery/cutting out.. and some plonker put the wrong headlight in once, but soon sorted that out Smile.

GF-91
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:36 - 13 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

liamwithers wrote:
GF-91 wrote:

Eeeh, well mine is pretty accurate with mileage based upon road signs Razz, so unless something is seriously wrong then mine is in miles Smile.

Had a couple of problems.. although it seems that after a couple of pops to the garage and some TLC they've ironed out Smile. Mainly to do with battery/cutting out.. and some plonker put the wrong headlight in once, but soon sorted that out Smile.

Yeah mine had a habit of cutting out and stuff. Also had a problem with the fuel tap The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

Got sorted out though, glad I had a warranty.
Enjoy riding, I miss it more everyday. I'd pay 50 quid to have a go around the block on a derbi again, just for my first bike memory.
Thumbs Up
Safe riding, amigo.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 319 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1