BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mini-Moto-ing

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 05 Jul 2012    Post subject: Mini-Moto-ing Reply with quote

So, after a taster down at Hullavington, I quite enjoyed myself and am thinking of getting my own.

What are the chinese ones like? Obviously the whole point in this is that it is cheap and fun.

Been looking at these;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Moto-Pocket-fun-Bike-50cc-Limited-Edition-/120933765069?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Pocket_Bikes_LE&hash=item1c2836cfcd

Which are £130 new, so less second hand.

Anyone own any mini motos?

Worth spending 3 or 4 x more on a Blata?

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:49 - 05 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't want a Blata. When we started MMing, the Blata's were the crappy ones with the 4hp leafblower motors. You really want a Polini.

There are some Chinese copies of the 1 decent Blata, and apparently parts can be swapped with it to make it a decent MM, but I can't for the life of me remember the model. G has a Polini 910 which is great, except his was painted pink by a member here which leeched through the porous tank and ruined the carburettor.

Look for a Polini. Thumbs Up

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-POLINI-910s-6-2-hp-Liquid-Cooled-Minimoto-Italian-not-China-/300625316840?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item45feaa4be8

Like that, only Second hand probably.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 05 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
You don't want a Blata. When we started MMing, the Blata's were the crappy ones with the 4hp leafblower motors. You really want a Polini.

There are some Chinese copies of the 1 decent Blata, and apparently parts can be swapped with it to make it a decent MM, but I can't for the life of me remember the model. G has a Polini 910 which is great, except his was painted pink by a member here which leeched through the porous tank and ruined the carburettor.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-POLINI-910s-6-2-hp-Liquid-Cooled-Minimoto-Italian-not-China-/300625316840?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item45feaa4be8

Ain't no way I'm spending anywhere near £900! I spent most of my sessions last time sliding along on my arse after folding the front!

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:56 - 05 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

garth wrote:

Ain't no way I'm spending anywhere near £900! I spent most of my sessions last time sliding along on my arse after folding the front!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polini-Genuine-911-mini-moto-proddie-spec-race-package-with-spares-Water-cooled-/170866750515?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Pocket_Bikes_LE&hash=item27c873b433

Thumbs Up

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 05 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

The Blata B1's are watercooled and circa 13bhp.

You can also get the replicas of them called the B1 Rep.

If you're going to start then don't get an air cooled chinese one, you'll find it far far too slow on track and you'll hold everybody up.

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:29 - 05 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.minimotoscene.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?11-For-Sale

If you can't be bothered I'll have a look for you and get you contact details Thumbs Up

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:35 - 05 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a road legal pit instead?

Can do a binge and whack a 20+hp TZR motor in there Laughing

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:44 - 05 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found you a B1 rep.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blata-Rep-Minimoto-39cc-Water-Cooled-Used-Mini-Moto-Not-Pit-bike-or-Moto-Cross-/120943031314?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1c28c43412

or a second hand genuine italian Blata B1.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLATA-MINI-MOTO-AMAZING-VALUE-BE-QUICK-/170817842585?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item27c5896d99

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:14 - 06 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about this one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLATA-MINI-MOTO-FILA-REP-/350564088481?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item519f3f7aa1

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:30 - 06 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats quite a low hp engine. They do some far nicer engines...much quicker too.

My brother in laws decent Blata rep was smoked by some cheap dodgy chinese heap Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:31 - 06 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:

That is one of the 'bad' blatas. The 'good' blatas have a kind of trellis frame with strips of sheet metal welded between the spars. That one is just a cradle frame.

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 06 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
Thats quite a low hp engine. They do some far nicer engines...much quicker too.

My brother in laws decent Blata rep was smoked by some cheap dodgy chinese heap Laughing

so a chinese bike got beat by a chinese bike Laughing

I had a Banshee Sho, one of the best copies of a GRC there was. Awesome bike.

EXC-Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 06 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:

yet to see yours

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:00 - 06 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRF-Rider wrote:
##Paddy## wrote:

yet to see yours

After BBQ, this thing will be mobile.

Seems low on compression unsure if broken or plain spastic though.

Need to "bodge" some pegs on there really as it interferes with the kickstart Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 296 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1