Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

derbi gpr 2007 cooling system problem

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

arron2012
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:10 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: derbi gpr 2007 cooling system problem Reply with quote

[color=red]i have a 2007 derbi gpr 50 and it keeps building up pressure and blowing pipes, ive solved the pipe part and now it just sizzles and bubbles in the bottle and comes out of the cap from the bottle, but it only does this when rode i could leave it ticking over and will work perfect but soon as go for ride it leaks and when i stop its just sizzling and leaking everywhere, do you have any ideas please?[color=orange][/color][/color]

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:33 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows your head gasket doing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the headgasket leaking? What does the temperature guage show?

arron2012
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:37 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: derbi gpr 2007 cooling system problem Reply with quote

the head gasket is fine everything working apart from just sizzles and comes out the cap?

arron2012
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:40 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: derbi gpr 2007 cooling system problem Reply with quote

and the temp light comes on when i ride it but ive flushed the cooling system and filled it all again and its taking quite abit of coolant and its going through all my pipes fine untill i ride it for about 5-10 mins

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thermostat stuck closed? Blockage somewhere maybe?

Could be airlocked, or even a dodgy water pump.

I wouldn't ride it with the temp warning light on until you've found the cause of the problem. You could seriously damage the motor if it's overheating.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:04 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could remove the thermostat, makes it warm up slower but hey.

While its out you can test to see if it works.

Also you may need to bleed the system properly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arron2012
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:13 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: derbi gpr 2007 cooling system problem Reply with quote

i dont have a thermostat in it i have a performance top end on and they use a washer thing:S, and how do i flush the cooling system propperly?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:19 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Re: derbi gpr 2007 cooling system problem Reply with quote

arron2012 wrote:
i dont have a thermostat in it i have a performance top end on and they use a washer thing:S, and how do i flush the cooling system propperly?

Consult the manual, all bikes are different.

I assume you let it warm up properly before riding then, as that must be a pure bitch to warm up.

arron2012
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:25 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I leave it for about 10 mins while get ready but I think it's a air blockage somewhere as I've just checked coolant and it's half full but the temp light came on when road it so it can't be pushing all the way through? How do I drain the cooling system properly? Thanks for the help

arron2012
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:30 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean to flush all coolant through and get rid of air bubbles??

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:37 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drain it fully.

Remove water pump and check that its working.

Fill it back up whilst squeezing the pipes and the radiator cap off, when it reaches the top of the radiator, put cap back on and sit on the bike with front brake on and rock it left to right constantly for about 30 seconds, re open cap and repeat the above, squeeze and refill. Then keep repeating until its done. Unsure on amount of water but I wouldn't go filling it to the top.. My CBR125 was around 1.5 litres.

Turn bike on and continue to squeeze pipes, they should get harder when it gets warm.

That's basically what is considered the GPRs bleeding process Rolling Eyes Basic but works eh!

If that still doesn't solve the issue, the general consensus is warped head, shit gaskets or badly rebuilt.

arron2012
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:07 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cheers ill do it tomorrow and keep updated to see if works:)

arron2012
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:08 - 21 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it all and took like just under 2 litres witch is good as last time didn't even take a litre but it's still leaking out the cap from pressure I checked to see if the pipes are hard when running and there not I can't put them in and out, there's 3 pipes from the radiator one at top that comes from coolant tank one on the right at the bottom that goes to water pump witch it working fine, and one at the left that goes to my cylinder head and all was soft so it can't be flowing through?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 00:31 - 22 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check water pump.

arron2012
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:34 - 22 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

waterpump is working fine?

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 22 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

arron2012 wrote:
I did it all and took like just under 2 litres witch is good as last time didn't even take a litre but it's still leaking out the cap from pressure I checked to see if the pipes are hard when running and there not I can't put them in and out, there's 3 pipes from the radiator one at top that comes from coolant tank one on the right at the bottom that goes to water pump witch it working fine, and one at the left that goes to my cylinder head and all was soft so it can't be flowing through?

The valve in the cap could be faulty.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 271 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1