Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Trigger Happy Cops

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:32 - 19 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fruit'n'nut wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Yes, you have a hard job to do, but defending coppers that clearly aren't up to it doesn't make yours any easier.

"Clearly" genuinely doesn't enter into it at this stage IMO. None of us commenting here know enough about the situation to justify such a comment or to justify a lynch-mob mentality about the incident.

Oh, of course we should give the copper the benefit of a measured, informed judgement rather than leaping to conclusions. Shame he didn't do the same, eh?

But really, pfft. I have no doubt, none at all, that Captain Zap heard "sword" and decided that someone was getting themselves a tazering. Sheriff of Chorley to the rescue.

Characterise your own attitude as you like it, but I can see rank closing by daylight.

Fruit'n'nut wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
those two plonks who got slotted
Charming Confused

Please excuse my insensitivity and lack of judgement.

You may note a connection between your chosen attitude to Captain Zap, and the eroding lack of support and respect for coppers.

Some-of-my-best-friends and all that, but would I trust them to do the right thing while in uniform? I'm thinking maybe, but I wouldn't want to bet my liberty or life on it, and you're not doing much to convince me otherwise.

I know you don't have to, but every time the inexcusable is excused, you're just positioning yourself further away from the law abiding public. Your choice.

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 19 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was nice of them to take him to hospital and stay with him he was checked out, and then ask him where he would like to be dropped off. (*cough* guilt *cough* )

I'd have said, "yes please, drop me off at my solicitors" Laughing

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:28 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin Farmer should probably consider himself lucky. If he stumbles around with his samurai white stick sometime hence, then he could be in for a double-whammy:-
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2219843/Give-TWO-shot-Tasers-After-blind-man-blunder-police-try-upgraded-gun.html

Mushroom
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:22 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the flip side of this, respect to the coppers who can control them selves with the crap they do confront that is real. Like the ones who pulled some scum out of a van in Cardiff yesterday who had just purposely run over 12-13 people, killing a mother who was walking down the street with her kids and even taking aim at those pushing a pram.

I don't think I would be able to remember what I did to such a person if I was first to them.

Easter Bunny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:26 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
Colin Farmer should probably consider himself lucky. If he stumbles around with his samurai white stick sometime hence, then he could be in for a double-whammy:-
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2219843/Give-TWO-shot-Tasers-After-blind-man-blunder-police-try-upgraded-gun.html

From that article........
Quote:
In 2009, a man of 40 was shot with a stun gun while being treated by paramedics after having an epileptic fit at a gym.

Shocked

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:40 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad_Mushroom wrote:
On the flip side of this, respect to the coppers who can control them selves with the crap they do confront that is real. Like the ones who pulled some scum out of a van in Cardiff yesterday who had just purposely run over 12-13 people, killing a mother who was walking down the street with her kids and even taking aim at those pushing a pram.

I don't think I would be able to remember what I did to such a person if I was first to them.

But that is their job. They are meant to be professional and that includes not kicking the crap out of scumbags as well as not tazering blind people.

Now if you put the army doing police dutys, you can understand there being problems.They are trained on how to kill people and then told they can't and when the training takes over and they shoot someone, they are prosecuted.

daemonoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:

Wow, even the DM has become anti police - it's just like I was saying - the public has lost confidence. If even the DM "nothing to fear if you've got nothing to hide brigade" are up-rating the anti police sentiment then they've surely got to make changes!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

daemonoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggs Benedict wrote:
From that article........
Quote:
In 2009, a man of 40 was shot with a stun gun while being treated by paramedics after having an epileptic fit at a gym.

Shocked

The full story:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-13277930

Turns out the ipcc say it was all ok Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mushroom
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:22 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But that is their job. They are meant to be professional and that includes not kicking the crap out of scumbags as well as not tazering blind people.

But that's there job, they are meant to be professionals... that fact followed by an expectation some how removes all respect where its due?

Some how when pulling a smackhead out of a van whose just mowed down several family's on a school run one is not human at that moment, they are on objective function because of the uniform they are wearing?

You know the answer to that, there's a process an individual has to go through to become and maintain professionalism, there's also a steep price tag to being first on call for the worst dramas society has to offer.

There are many Cunt officers, its understandable that they over shadow the good, but if we don't respect or even acknowledged what it takes to be a good one, we don't deserve them.

What is the point in taking a stand in a society that no one gives a fuck in, may as well get coined snort coke and fuck whores for the rest of ones life, at least you die laughing.

Mushroom
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:24 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Turns out the ipcc say it was all ok

Confused

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad_Mushroom wrote:
But that's there job, they are meant to be professionals... that fact followed by an expectation some how removes all respect where its due?

You having a giraffe?

Quote:
Some how when pulling a smackhead out of a van whose just mowed down several family's on a school run one is not human at that moment, they are on objective function because of the uniform they are wearing?

The only appropriate MO in that particular instance would be to drag him out, shove him down, get the cuffs on and straight in the car. No more, no less. THAT is a grown-up professional response.

Quote:
You know the answer to that, there's a process an individual has to go through to become and maintain professionalism, there's also a steep price tag to being first on call for the worst dramas society has to offer.

You want to try that in English?

Quote:
There are many Cunt officers, its understandable that they over shadow the good, but if we don't respect or even acknowledged what it takes to be a good one, we don't deserve them.

By whose reckoning? People's opinions of the police are soured by news articles and their own experiences. I stopped at the scene of an accident recently to help a crashed biker and when the pop turned up they started lecturing me because I was wearing a T-shirt and (legal) pisspot and started checking my bike and told me not to leave the scene. I said: "Listen, I wear what I bloody like. Get away from that bike because it was not involved in the accident, and besides which, I'm leaving on it. See ya."

I have ZERO respect for even the average copper doing their jobs. I don't ask for respect just for being good at mine so fuck 'em.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:42 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time some pig gets shot I just think "payback for some innocent citizen who's been murdered by one". Sorry, but there it is. Sad, matters.

Mushroom
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:34 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only appropriate MO in that particular instance would be to drag him out, shove him down, get the cuffs on and straight in the car. No more, no less. THAT is a grown-up professional response.

Yes! And they did just that, we cant respect it because?

Quote:
You want to try that in English?

You need help to read now?

Quote:
You know the answer to that

States that he knows the answer to the question I had asked.

Quote:
There's a process an individual has to go through to become and maintain professionalism

States there is a process one goes through before they can deal with horrific situations whilst staying objective, with out letting there anger or natural response to the situation derail there intended response.

Quote:
There's also a steep price tag to being first on call for the worst dramas society has to offer

States that dealing with the real filth of society and horrific situations on a continual basis has an impact on ones well being and out look, the same as fire fighters cutting corpses out of cars, they detach from it to be able to do it yet it still has an impact.

We could call this impact a "price tag" because its the price you have to pay by way of experience and feeling if you want to do the job, simple stuff.

Quote:
By whose reckoning? People's opinions of the police are soured by news articles and their own experiences. I stopped at the scene of an accident recently to help a crashed biker and when the pop turned up they started lecturing me because I was wearing a T-shirt and (legal) pisspot and started checking my bike and told me not to leave the scene

Wicked, your so fucking retarded and show such disdain to your own safety you ride around in a T shirt and fail to note the significance of this even whilst in attendance to a bike crash, as for lecturing you and wanting to check over your bike its called impression, if you want to ride around looking like a pratt who has not even covered the most basic safety measures they may well suspect that you have stuck your middle finger up to the rest.

Having a short time to assess you they tend to rely on impressions, don't like it? You don't care for the consequences of coming off so why is being bothered for two minutes such a big issue?

Quote:
I said: "Listen, I wear what I bloody like. Get away from that bike because it was not involved in the accident, and besides which, I'm leaving on it. See ya."

Did you get a fat endorphin rush while asserting your authority there?

Quote:
I have ZERO respect for even the average copper doing their jobs. I don't ask for respect just for being good at mine so fuck 'em.

And your job requires risking your own life in the direct interests of others and constantly dealing with the negatives of society for society? Well no, not quite, your a Polymer Pipeline Technologist, oh the pressures and risks of the job..I bow in amazement to your sacrifice.

Listen fuckface, I have had my fair share of falling outs with the police, through mine and there own disrespect, its irrelevant to what I am saying, the day I can respect a politician is the day the country's being run by people of integrity who know what they are doing, that will be a good day, the day I can respect all bankers is the day I can count on the economy that keeps me alive not self destructing over night because of a short sighted bet, and the day I can respect every copper is the day none of us will have to put up with this Shit any more.

For the mean time I will respect each one who does the job Properly, even if a keyboard warrior on the net cant analysis the complexities of the job beyond that of what it mental and emotionally takes to deal with pipe work.

Who the FUCK would want to be a copper in this time and society?

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:39 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad_Mushroom wrote:

Who the FUCK would want to be a copper in this time and society?

Thick thugs who have worked out how to be bullying cowards AND get paid for it? Thinking

Mushroom
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:58 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thick thugs who have worked out how to be bullying cowards AND get paid for it?

When you have to deal with shit & your treated like shit, the good you do and the risks you take not being acknowledged...yes...exactly, the position is going to attract a larger number of those who only seek power and dominance over those who are well rounded and are out to make a difference.

The worse the shit tastes the more those out to make a difference fizzle out and the more those out for power thrive, not that we need red carpet annual parades to show respect to coppers, its just how long can you stay human and respectful if you started out that way when your treated less than on all counts?

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:01 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad_Mushroom wrote:
Quote:
Thick thugs who have worked out how to be bullying cowards AND get paid for it?

When you have to deal with shit & your treated like shit, the good you do and the risks you take not being acknowledged...yes...exactly, the position is going to attract a larger number of those who only seek power and dominance over those who are well rounded and are out to make a difference.

The worse the shit tastes the more those out to make a difference fizzle out and the more those out for power thrive, not that we need red carpet annual parades to show respect to coppers, its just how long can you stay human and respectful if you started out that way when your treated less than on all counts?

Good points. Neutral

We need robots I guess.

Or maybe a fair society and children's education worth a damn (the lack of the first precludes any point to the second though).
unitynotsocri... This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:22 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad_Mushroom wrote:

Yes! And they did just that, we cant respect it because?

Because it's nothing over and above what their substantial pay and pension requires.

Quote:
You know the answer to that

States that he knows the answer to the question I had asked.

Spoken like a true ass-burger pedant.

Quote:
States there is a process one goes through before they can deal with horrific situations whilst staying objective, with out letting there anger or natural response to the situation derail there intended response.

Oh, a bit of training then.

Quote:
States that dealing with the real filth of society and horrific situations on a continual basis has an impact on ones well being and out look, the same as fire fighters cutting corpses out of cars, they detach from it to be able to do it yet it still has an impact.

So as well as the bits they like to do (driving about, hammering motorists, nicking twitter users) they have to occasionally do some real work. My heart fucking bleeds for them. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Wicked, your so fucking retarded and show such disdain to your own safety you ride around in a T shirt and fail to note the significance of this even whilst in attendance to a bike crash

I wasn't the one who crashed. I carried on my merry way without fretting, because guess what? I'd not just fucking crashed. Some other schmuck had. And the leathers did not prevent his broken legs.

Quote:
as for lecturing you and wanting to check over your bike its called impression, if you want to ride around looking like a pratt who has not even covered the most basic safety measures they may well suspect that you have stuck your middle finger up to the rest.

Yes, that speck of dust on my gleaming chrome and Daz-White whitewalls must have sent those alarm bells ringing.

Quote:
Having a short time to assess you they tend to rely on impressions, don't like it? You don't care for the consequences of coming off so why is being bothered for two minutes such a big issue?

It was a bit off considering I'd called the Emergency services, stopped the traffic ,given basic first aid, and just made the lad's bike safe, all before the popo and ambulance turned up, explained the situation to the officers attending, then got lectured to. I wasn't fucking having it.

Quote:
For the mean time I will respect each one who does the job Properly, even if a keyboard warrior on the net cant analysis the complexities of the job beyond that of what it mental and emotionally takes to deal with pipe work.

Dear me. I could absolutely PISS police work. It's not real work. It's driving and standing about and filling in forms.

Mushroom
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:22 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Because it's nothing over and above what their substantial pay and pension requires

You call me an "ass-burger" below, which to my knowledge is a piss take out of Asperger's Syndrome, otherwise known as a social retard. This of course being after you have already claimed that removing an individual from a vehicle, handcuffing and transporting to a safe location is a grown-up response towards a person who had just mowed down a family of four, killing the mother and seriously injuring the children, without reason.

Now I am not quite sure what causes your lack of social and emotional understanding, but I think you will find its "grown ups" who have the most violent and uncontrolled responses to the sight of adults seriously hurting women and children, perhaps you aren't quite there yet or something has stunted your development along the way, but to handcuff and in effect protect such an individual is not a natural "grown up" response for any adult, its a Learned and disciplined response.

Quote:
Oh, a bit of training then.

Due to the incidences of foul play continually reported in the media, evidently not, its clearly a role that demands character and strength beyond that of which any training could ever provide, not only to stay controlled and decent when you find your self in a position of power over others, but to be able to face and deal with the situations they do in an effective way.

Quote:
So as well as the bits they like to do (driving about, hammering motorists, nicking twitter users) they have to occasionally do some real work. My heart fucking bleeds for them.

Why is it so and easy to run ones mouth off in this world with zero credibility and actually be able to believe ones self? You here discredit every good they do because of some anti-free speech faggot shit and a fiscally incompetent governments need for ever more revenue streams?

I think that's one of the biggest problems for humanity today, the fact that you can actually take a shit out of your own mouth and what you see as a result is distorted to the point it looks like a curry to a piss head.

Nom Nom Nom!! Bullshit Give me!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I wasn't the one who crashed. I carried on my merry way without fretting, because guess what? I'd not just fucking crashed. Some other schmuck had. And the leathers did not prevent his broken legs.

Wicked, your so fucking retarded and show such an inability to calculate risk, that its fucking funny Laughing Leathers are to protect bones from breaking you say? Laughing

Quote:
Yes, that speck of dust on my gleaming chrome and Daz-White whitewalls must have sent those alarm bells ringing.

Not quite, if you cant be bothered to protect your self from the immediate risk of the road they usually wonder what steps you have taken towards insurance and up keep, simple stuff.

Quote:
It was a bit off considering I'd called the Emergency services, stopped the traffic ,given basic first aid, and just made the lad's bike safe, all before the popo and ambulance turned up, explained the situation to the officers attending, then got lectured to. I wasn't fucking having it.

Awww! Did you feel you deserved RESPECT from the police for the actions you took? Funny that....

Quote:
Dear me. I could absolutely PISS police work. It's not real work. It's driving and standing about and filling in forms.

But you get all upset and boo boo Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad if some one doesn't show unconditional respect to you after you have made an effort, some thing tells me you would not last five minutes.

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad_Mushroom wrote:
Fanboi noshing cop cock

I COULD rip this to tiny pieces, but I'm off out. I'm sure Roger will be along shortly to point out your phenomenal logical fallacies.

Mushroom
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:13 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the eternal reassuring power of the capitalized COULD, but its not you whose ripping it to bits, you COULD but its Roger! But its not you who crashed, so no leathers required, you COU..... Oh..oh my..

Logical fa fa fa fallacies you say.... understood.

Edit
------

So you ask someone else to respond for you and then man the karma guns Laughing

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:36 - 21 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad_Mushroom wrote:

This of course being after you have already claimed that removing an individual from a vehicle, handcuffing and transporting to a safe location is a grown-up response towards a person who had just mowed down a family of four, killing the mother and seriously injuring the children, without reason.

Now I am not quite sure what causes your lack of social and emotional understanding, but I think you will find its "grown ups" who have the most violent and uncontrolled responses to the sight of adults seriously hurting women and children, perhaps you aren't quite there yet or something has stunted your development along the way, but to handcuff and in effect protect such an individual is not a natural "grown up" response for any adult, its a Learned and disciplined response.

So from this, just to be clear, you sincerely believe that unless one has received um heap big training, that ALL humans will naturally beat up someone who has committed a crime?

Quote:
its clearly a role that demands character and strength beyond that of which any training could ever provide, not only to stay controlled and decent when you find your self in a position of power over others, but to be able to face and deal with the situations they do in an effective way.

Not training then. Well then, under your logic, all policemen were born by immaculate conception, visited by angels, and guided to join the sainted police.

Quote:
Why is it so and easy to run ones mouth off in this world with zero credibility and actually be able to believe ones self? You here discredit every good they do because of some anti-free speech faggot shit and a fiscally incompetent governments need for ever more revenue streams?

Butthurt much? What gives you anymore credibility than me? Believing one's self is being honest. The alternative is stating a position in which you do not actually believe, ie: being disingenuous.

"Anti-free speech faggot shit"? You can't possibly be serious. And to imply that targeting motorists is the government's fault is beyond deluded. No minister is holding a gun to the heads of Speed trap cops.

Quote:
Wicked, your so fucking retarded and show such an inability to calculate risk, that its fucking funny Laughing Leathers are to protect bones from breaking you say? Laughing

My, you're piling up the straw men today. Rolling Eyes The injuries in question were broken lower legs. I said to the popo that leathers wouldn't have prevented me from similar injuries. Why don't you take up your grievance with the California Highway patrol, who wear short-sleeved shirts and pisspots? My riding is awesome, by the way, and my risk assessment is commensurate with that. Razz

Quote:
If you cant be bothered to protect your self from the immediate risk of the road they usually wonder what steps you have taken towards insurance and up keep, simple stuff.

Whoa, hold it right there! This must be a piss-take, or an actual copper arsehole. So, meeting the legal requirement for protective equipment, (as opposed to burying one's self in armour) is grounds for suspecting that the vehicle is not legal? You and your bedfellows can go and get Tazered in the bollocks while I dance a jaunty jig if that's what you actually think.

Quote:
Awww! Did you feel you deserved RESPECT from the police for the actions you took? Funny that....

Another Straw Man. I neither deserved nor wanted respect for doing what I'd do for anybody. I just didn't want shit for it either.

Quote:
But you get all upset and boo boo Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad if some one doesn't show unconditional respect to you after you have made an effort, some thing tells me you would not last five minutes.

Oh you've picked that Straw Man back up. Refer to my previous answer. Rinse and repeat.

Face it, the only reason you don't believe people would last five minutes, is because the only people you respect/wank over are already IN the police. The ONLY reason I wouldn't make a good copper is my lack of desire to nick people.

So come on, you don't really believe that shit, do you?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 21 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad_Mushroom wrote:

Quote:

And your job requires risking your own life in the direct interests of others and constantly dealing with the negatives of society for society? Well no, not quite, your a Polymer Pipeline Technologist, oh the pressures and risks of the job..I bow in amazement to your sacrifice.

I don't think you've thought the underlined section through Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

daemonoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 21 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Mad_Mushroom wrote:

I don't think you've thought the underlined section through Wink

Ha! Well spotted - that's hilarious, didn't get that far for fairly obvious reasons...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:48 - 21 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I'm out. I'll just say something about the Ghost of Bobby Peel, shake my head sadly, and tuck into my Sunday morning eggs and bacon.

Oh, hang on: I also assisted at a RTC, and the attending coppers - when they finally showed up - were cocks. That's 2 for 2. Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 197 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4