Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

why my honda cbr 125 respol only hitting 55-60mph

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:35 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie182861 wrote:
paddy ive used yamalube 10-40w engine oil

Its fine... but I'd have used Morrisons/Tescos own 10w40 mineral shit. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

flumpy7
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:43 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore all these other jokers

They dont know what they're on about. As far as i can tell, you've bought the low power version cbr. Its an easy mistake to make. The full power version hits about 118 mph.

You can convert it though - if you can source three more cylinders they should just bolt staight on.

Hope that helps

Last edited by flumpy7 on 15:45 - 22 Oct 2012; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jamie182861
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:45 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

just called alan duffs motercycle place going check bike make sure everythings ok

flumpy7 aw thanks dude so bought low power version whats high version then have look on ebay

jamie182861
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:47 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

paddy u get yamalube from ebay dude

my local dealer has it for 8.39 for 1 litre

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:47 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough you wanting to doll it up and look nice but in my opinion and many others, you should invest that money in passing your test and putting it away for a good proper bike. That was you'll have the speeds and the looks, and most importantly what you're forgetting

GIRLS DONT GET WET FOR L PLATES

They should call them bender badges, at least people would try and get rid of them that way.

On a brighter note, you're not alone, thousands of other riders start with that same thought as you, hell even I was looking at CBRs and chinese crap before I came to BCF

But that means you should be able to get good resale on it, provided you don't waste too much money on it

I'm not really sure what happened to the last post...you quoted it all weird mate

tldr; pass tests, get an actual sports bike to kill yourself with

Btw most people who actually know bikes will see you on that and think "that guys got more money than sense" just like the YZFR125

But hell if you've got money to throw on shiny things then fair enough, but from your OP it doesn't seem like you do. Get something affordable and practical and learn to ride properly on it before you move onto sports Thumbs Up

Also everyones trolling you and taking the piss because you type, sound and act what one would describe as 'chavvy'
I'm sure you're not, but it's how you're coming across with your broken english, buddy Thumbs Up

flumpy7
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:49 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie182861 wrote:
just called alan duffs motercycle place going check bike make sure everythings ok

flumpy7 aw thanks dude so bought low power version whats high version then have look on ebay

lol....i cant keep it up. Im joking matey. Its a 125 and will always be slow. Will save you ££££'s petrol though. Enjoy it for what it is.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:56 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie182861 wrote:
paddy u get yamalube from ebay dude

my local dealer has it for 8.39 for 1 litre

Shocked

I pay £6 for 4 litres of oil for my 125.

jamie182861
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:57 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

flumpy i dont have lots cash i want able afford bigger bike,

i rather stick 2 cbr cheap 2 run than other bike,

i know spending cash on it, wanting it 2 look nicer

jamie182861
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:00 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

paddy thats even better extra 2 quid 39p tho

i dont want keep put oils in want stick with same 1

wow 6 quid for 4 litres not bad bro whats the oil ur using then

jamie182861
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:03 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9

hello, i just replacing parts need done mate, i dont have that much cash mate some people pay 2k for a bike,

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:21 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Morrisons 10w40 mineral oil.

You have to change oil regularly, might as well make it cheap stuff on a 125 Thumbs Up

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:27 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie182861 wrote:
Alpha-9

hello, i just replacing parts need done mate, i dont have that much cash mate some people pay 2k for a bike,

For a big bike mate, if anyone posted they spent £2000 on a race rep 125 they'd get laughed out of here Thumbs Up

You can get bigger bikes for less than 125s
Prime example:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1987-Kawasaki-GPz400R-Trade-Sale-/330685325430?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item4cfe61a076

1k for a bike thats got 5 times the horse power of your 25
and it's only a 400 so it's light and decent MPG I imagine

You see what i'm getting at

jamie182861
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:27 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

going have we look at shops online see bud

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:31 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you were saying it's not as fast as you expected?

Then there's no parts you need, if you're short on cash then simply don't spend any.
You're better off practicing riding the thing than dolling it up for silly money to get the same back as you paid for it Thumbs Up

Think with your head not your heart
I would have ended up with a 2stroke NSR to commute on otherwise Crying or Very sad

jamie182861
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:39 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

just saying pal people go out buy brand new cbr 125 for that price

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:41 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie182861 wrote:
just saying pal people go out buy brand new cbr 125 for that price

Stupid people who are getting their parents to pay for it, who insist on it being from a dealer because thye're scared of mummys little boy going out and hurting himself on a 'not proper' bike from some 'dodgite'
Basically by people who don't know shit about bikes.

Clever people by a shit 125, the shitter the 125 the better a rider they are for when it's big bike time Wink

People also pay 28k for MV Agustas then brag about it on here any chance they get just to be told they're a cunt

Just the way of the world I guess.

Live with it as it is, it's a nice bike, it runs as it should. Chain slack and other basic maintenance will get the most out of it without having to potentially fuck it up with upjetting and bullshit like that you don't need. Remember it has to be under 15BHP to be learner legal anyway. Just a shame so many manufactures don't use the whole 15? 10bhp ybr, really? A CG has 12 for god sake and that uses push rods or some shit

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:

GIRLS DONT GET WET FOR L PLATES

https://i5.cdnds.net/12/41/hb-the-saturdays-hen-280512-mdn.jpg

https://www.thepartyshopsuperstore.com/images/Prod/Lightview/3b604f2c7689ab1d9a7ad3ec0f2dfbe93e648c89.jpg

https://www.acefancydress.co.uk/images/images_big/hen-night-wings-30141.jpg

https://d3f650ayx9w00n.cloudfront.net/700/36659.jpg

They fuckin' love em

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:53 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

Only once you've taken them off your bike so they can wear them, clearly demonstrated by your pictures, try hanging a CBR round your neck, L plate included Wink

StevRS
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:00 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamalube is only suitable for Yamaha engines; that's half your problem I'd imagine. The clue's in the name...

BigDMUFC
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of cnuts and no mistake.

The reason some 125's are a lot quicker than others is down to the type of engine mate. Most of the new current bikes use the slower but more enviro friendly 4 stroke engines. They are VERY expensive to tune and even that gives very minimal returns.

If you wants to go quicker get a 2 stroke bike, look out for the Honda NSR it's a much better bike all round than the CBR and tuned it will reach 90+.

Forget tuning the CBR even if you spent a couple of grand on it I seriously doubt you would break 80mph with it. But £1500 buys you a very quick NSR125R.

Also there is nothing wrong with your subframe and your bikes not designed to go any quicker than 65mph. Maybe you could play with the sprocket sizes to get a few MPH out of it, maybe you are heavier/lighter than last owner and it was geared to suit them, but that's clutching at straws really bud. The CBR looks the part, but that's all it is. The NSR is a much better bike all round.

Ignore the rest of the codgers, they are so old they forget what is was like to be 17 and skint "pass your test pass your test pass your test" costs money to pass tests and insurance is ridiculous enough for 17 yr olds on a 125....back when this lot were 17 they didn't have tests Wink

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:18 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the fact that even if he got an RS/NSR... a bigger bike will do faster than his bike can do in 1 gear Wink

But, using Yamaha oil won't affect it. Why would it, are you putting it in your Yamaha? Are you using other oil? Is it dead? No...

Passing your test costs the price of a decent air filter and a service.
£121.50 isn't a lot is it.

We aren't all cunts

jamie182861
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:21 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamaha dealers said would be fine 2 use this stuff, yamalube

jamie182861
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:25 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

so can someone be clear motercycle dealer said yamalube 10-40w would be ok

plus big bikes test cost 600 quid plus where would get cash bike bigger bike

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:32 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id go for an unrestricted NSR myself if I was that sort of person. (the kind of person that breaks terms of his license, gets an LC20 and pays thousands in insurance for the rest of his life and gets banned for the inevitable time he was caught speeding ontop of that then turns to a life of crime and drugs before sucking mens dick in the gutter for change to by his next fix)

No not me man, i'm not going down like that

ANY 10W-40 OIL IS FINE IN MY OPINION BUT I'D STICK TO SEMI-SYNTH

jamie182861
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:34 - 22 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

what nice bike,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-HONDA-NSR-125-33BHP-ROSSI-REP-/330812044351?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item4d05ef343f
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 194 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9