View previous topic : View next topic  

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 00:22 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Wheelie Reply with quote

Small I know.

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: he Reply with quote

Thumbs Up nice one. Its more than likly more impressive than my first one was Wink .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 01:35 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

just like to ask,
how do u think u would wheelie a RS125 no to sick dont want to damage it
rather as small as ur nice one Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 01:42 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:
just like to ask,
how do u think u would wheelie a RS125 no to sick dont want to damage it
rather as small as ur nice one Thumbs Up

English please.

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 07:30 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to point out that its not even an RS 125 so how the hell would you know. Confused

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 15:42 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think thats Laura wheelieing her bike. It's just G wearing Lauras helmet Thumbs Down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 16:11 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

M1ke wrote:
I don't think thats Laura wheelieing her bike. It's just G wearing Lauras helmet Thumbs Down

Looks like laura's leathers too though and that's not G's "style" but who knows.. I think it's laura Cool

Either way it's a cool pic.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 16:18 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

M1ke wrote:

Surely if it was G it would be rather higher than that...

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 18:16 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
I'd just like to point out that its not even an RS 125 so how the hell would you know.

Eh? What difference does it make? Wheelieing one bike imho is much the same as wheelieing another. Ok a R1 will be slightly easier to wheelie than a cg125, but the pricipals are simerlar.

M1ke wrote:
I don't think thats Laura wheelieing her bike. It's just G wearing Lauras helmet

Sounds like someone's jealous. Laughing

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 19:02 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:
Eh? What difference does it make? Wheelieing one bike imho is much the same as wheelieing another.

I can wheelie the GSXR to about that height off the power, I tried many times to do that on my old RS but it never worked so. Razz

Have you got past the stage of making brown stains in your underwear when the front lifts yet laura? I haven't. Crying or Very sad

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 19:07 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power wheelies aren't that great compared to clutch wheelies, that are more controlled or something, no idea but seems a better way of doing it, so trying to clutch it up in second.. Easier said than done though.

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 19:26 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
I can wheelie the GSXR to about that height off the power, I tried many times to do that on my old RS but it never worked so.

Ok so it's a bit different. But if someone who rode a cbr4 for example asked me for advice on wheelieing I think it would be possible to offer some advice, despite the fact I have never wheelied one and most of my experience is on bigger bikes. Razz
Not that I can wheelie properly anyway. Neutral

Yams wrote:
Power wheelies aren't that great compared to clutch wheelies

Depends which you're better at really. I can't clutch it up to save my life, I've just never bothered practicing. The obvious advantages of clutching it up is that you can pick it up at lower revs and smaller bikes will often clutch up but not come up off the power. On the other hand using the power is imo easier while learning, and doesn't wear the clutch plates as much. Afaik Laura is clutching it up.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 19:34 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not particularily good at either.. figured learning to clutch it up is going to be the best way as it's more useful to use to get the front in the air from lower revs, like you say.. and also for different bikes etc that might not be able to power it up or something.. don't know just G's always said to clutch it so thought I'd try.

So far the wheels not even left the ground when trying to clutch, don't think I got the technique right Laughing

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 19:46 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutching is better for Heffers like me Very Happy
Dusty, only wieghing about the same as one of my thighs, can power wheelie much easier Wink

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 20:04 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:
Not that I can wheelie properly anyway. Neutral

Lies, lies all lies.

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 21:28 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao bendy.

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:41 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Re: Wheelie Reply with quote

Laura wrote:
Small I know.

They'll get better with time Thumbs Up
I ain't seen your bike before,
i must say it looks rather sweet..
Leathers look nice too Cool

RiderOfTheSto...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:44 - 26 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice wheelie. I bent my bars when I fell off doing one on the weekend Embarassed At least it was on grass so it didn't hurt! Only my pride lol.

I think that's the last time I wheelie when I'm hung over!

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:01 - 26 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can wheelie my 125 good but its light and is tuned for acceleration so its easy peasy, Crying or Very sad my forks seal went the other week from doing it all the time and now i've got oil leaking onto my tire and front disc Shocked . Getting sorted today Thumbs Up .

Nice wee wheelie anyway Wink Thumbs Up .

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

clemsta
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:10 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to get the technique right, should you lean forward before you drop the clutch, because everytime i try it sitting up straight the front wheel leaps up and i almost land on my arse!

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 01:06 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I have don it I am always leaning forward best to as ksomeone like G zimma or korn.

cliff
Doctor Sicknote

PostPosted: 01:43 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My front comes up off the snap in 1st and 2nd. If I really yank it, I can get it up (sorta) in 5th at about 55-60mph. Ask Luke! Razz

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 14:25 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

clemsta wrote:
I'm still trying to get the technique right, should you lean forward before you drop the clutch, because everytime i try it sitting up straight the front wheel leaps up and i almost land on my arse!

The instincual thing to do is to lean forward, but this is not a good idea to be honest. What bike are you trying to wheelie and in what gear? Are you using the power or the clutch?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:27 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

clemsta wrote:

That's what's supposed to happen, except when you do it a bit more you will probably realise that the front wheel actually only got a foot up or something... it just feels scary initially, which is a good thing as it means you probably won't actually go over the back until you're better Smile.

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol nice wee wheelie! it's definitely not as easy as it looks. I tried it on my bike a few days ago and it's damned hard. I have to rev it to about 8k then dump the clutch as fast as possible, even then it only stays up for a split second! Embarassed Crying or Very sad

i need more practice me thinks! Razz

maybe one day i'll have one as high as Laura's Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 333 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2