Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki GSX 600F 2002

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

adsearle76
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:01 - 15 Jan 2013    Post subject: Suzuki GSX 600F 2002 Reply with quote

Anyone know what the service intervals are and approx. cost please.

I am about to buy my first bike with 8500 on the clock and want to know what costs of ownership are like.

Anthony
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 15 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Teapot is just a faired Bandit, dead easy motor to work on and service yourself, buy a Haynes manual and you're sorted, use a garage and you get shafted like everyone else.
3,700 miles for an oil change and minor service, 7,500 major.

adsearle76
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:14 - 15 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's easy for you to say! I think since this is my first bike I'd rather take it to a reputable local garage, perhaps after a couple of years I will be confident enough to have a go.

Anthony
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 16 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

adsearle76 wrote:
I'd rather take it to a REPUTABLE local garage,

Therein lies your first problem, there's as many, if not more, bad than good.

adsearle76 wrote:
perhaps after a couple of years I will be confident enough to have a go.

If you're buying it from a dealer it should have been recently serviced, by the time it needs another you'll have a bit of an idea if you get a Haynes for the bike and have a read of what's required. Then there's always finding a local biker who's willing to show you first and also the forum.

Gavsta88
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 01:02 - 16 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSF600 K2 is my first ever bike and after watching a few videos on YouTube (also very slightly mechanically minded) I tasked myself with doing a full service and brake pad change.

Saved myself a fortune in labour and I got to know my bike a hell of alot better.

Brake pads for full set of EBC cost me £45 ish, £20 for the spark plugs, £8 for oil filter, £20 for oil

Really do consider it yourself, I was really surprised how easy it was with just a little point in the right direction. An easy £200+ saved.

Srengam
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 08:02 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really should consider doing the work yourself.

My first bike is a 98 GSX600F, and I'm always tinkering with it, doing bits and pieces. I dread to think how much it would have cost if i'd have taken it to a garage for all the bits I've done.

Once you start doing it yourself, you'll be glad you did, plus you'll understand what's going on under your tank too.

Definately buy the manual, and if something doesn't read well, ask on here, you'll be fine.

bezzabsa
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:08 - 27 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought a brand new Bandit 600K4, came with 1 free service (yeah right)..had tht done, then at 4000 miles i had the letter come for the next service - total cost £450, all they do is CHECK oil, plugs chain etc..They don't change anything..so I ordered the stuff myself and changed all 4 plugs, oil + filter and air filter for about £25..you MAY need the special tool for removing the oil filter from behind the front down pipes, but other than that its piss easy!!!
if you cant find the socket for removing the oil filter try a strap as used on car oil filters....
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 93 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1