Disabled Parking Bay Ticket

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dave-the-rave
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:24 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

keggyhander wrote:

I think you ought to read up about Motability.

In brief: Malingerers with a hurty back get a free car every three years, with insurance, Tax and MOT taken care of.

I, and other worker bees, have to go through the insurance, tax and test rigmarole every fucking year.

I think you need to do the reading mate. DLA (Disability Living allowance) which is awarded to those with a serious disability can be used to fund a car through the Motability scheme.

https://www.motability.co.uk/

If you wish to argue you as a tax payer are paying for the persons DLA therefore are paying for the car, then feel free. However your post reads like cars are given to the disabled for free when in reality they are paying from them from their allowance.

By the way I'm one of those 'hurty back'' people. I have to go through the 'insurance, tax and test pish every year as well.

Last edited by Dave-the-rave on 23:46 - 04 Feb 2013; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:33 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-the-rave wrote:
However your post reads like cars are given to the disabled for free when in reality they are paying from them from their allowance.

However which way you look at it, Higher rate DLA is just a bonus extra dole for good actors.

Nice work if you can get it, while others starve on JSA.

Dave-the-rave
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:58 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

keggyhander wrote:

However which way you look at it, Higher rate DLA is just a bonus extra dole for good actors.

Nice work if you can get it, while others starve on JSA.

Given a choice between living with my health for life or staying in your job with reasonable health, you wouldn't voluntarily stay in my position for long trust me. Some folks play the system for sure, but not all of them as you well know. Feel free to vent your spleen though. You can afford to as long as you have your health.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-the-rave wrote:
Given a choice between living with my health for life or staying in your job with reasonable health, you wouldn't voluntarily stay in my position for long trust me. Some folks play the system for sure, but not all of them as you well know. Feel free to vent your spleen though. You can afford to as long as you have your health.

Given a choice between being unable to find a job and on JSA, and being in physical discomfort but having a measure of financial and transport security, I'll take the mild disability thanks.

I've been on JSA and it was hell. The mobility wallahs always had plenty of £ in their pockets though.

If I lost my job the bike would have to go. When I was out of work the only thing keeping my car on the road was my Grandmother's kindness.

If the disabled want any support or sympathy from me they can lobby the government to give the recently unemployed the same perks as given to the disabled.

Why is "Can't Work" a nobler cause than "Desperate for Work"?

Dave-the-rave
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:35 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

keggyhander wrote:
Dave-the-rave wrote:

Given a choice between being unable to find a job and on JSA, and being in physical discomfort but having a measure of financial and transport security, I'll take the mild disability thanks.

I've been on JSA and it was hell. The mobility wallahs always had plenty of £ in their pockets though.

If I lost my job the bike would have to go. When I was out of work the only thing keeping my car on the road was my Grandmother's kindness.

If the disabled want any support or sympathy from me they can lobby the government to give the recently unemployed the same perks as given to the disabled.

Why is "Can't Work" a nobler cause than "Desperate for Work"?

Pretty sure I haven't made that claim. Carry on spouting the party line dude. There's plenty folks around who will agree with you.

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-the-rave wrote:
Pretty sure I haven't made that claim.

It wasn't aimed at you. It was a general question thrown out for shits. Thumbs Up

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:01 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-the-rave wrote:
By the way I'm one of those 'hurty back'' people. I have to go through the 'insurance, tax and test pish every year as well.

So, you receive extra cash rather than a free car.
Congratulations.

Bloggsy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:46 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

keggyhander wrote:
Dave-the-rave wrote:
Pretty sure I haven't made that claim.

It wasn't aimed at you. It was a general question thrown out for shits. Thumbs Up

The only shit on this site is you pal Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbour is disabled. He has someone who comes round and makes his grass greener than mine.

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloggsy wrote:
The only shit on this site is you pal Middle Finger Middle Finger .|.

https://i.imgur.com/luNUAZ1.png

https://i.imgur.com/NZf4leo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GPA3d0u.jpg

multijoy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:
My neighbour is disabled. He has someone who comes round and makes his grass greener than mine.

I applied for that job, but they gave it to an immigrant who had literally just moved into his £20000000000000 house whilst claiming for his war widows pension.

Easter Bunny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hold a blue badge, I don't get a fee car, tax, Grass greeners, cream buns on a friday, for this you'd have to get DLA, I never applied. On a good day for me it has nothing top do with the distance I can walk, I simply can't get out of the car in parallel parking spaces of which 99% of the ones locally to me are. Trying to do so will "pull" my leg and then be impossible to walk on my prosthesis

keggyhander wrote:
Given a choice between being unable to find a job and on JSA, and being in physical discomfort but having a measure of financial and transport security, I'll take the mild disability thanks

When limb transplants are perfected I'll swop you then

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggs Benedict wrote:
I hold a blue badge, I don't get a fee car, tax, Grass greeners, cream buns on a friday, for this you'd have to get DLA, I never applied.

I take it you work, then?

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Re: Disabled Parking Bay Ticket Reply with quote

keggyhander wrote:
On Wednesday evening I suddenly got a urge to nip to Meadowhell and trade in the piece of shit that is Black Ops 2 and get Sniper Elite and something else instead (Fallout 3 for those who wondered). It was already past seven o'clock and it shuts at eight. Tear-arsed it into Sheffield and thought "Fuck it, I don't even know where GAME is, in Meadowhall, so I'm going to drive right up to the front doors and dump it in a disabled space."

This I did, then found the boarded up remains of GAME and was directed by a punter to where it was now (other end of the place). Swapped my games and was in and out in twenty minutes. When I got back this piece of hamster bedding was in it's official-looking plastic pouch:

https://i.imgur.com/s7LzGIX.jpg?2

I read it, feeling that instinctive sphincter clench, then I suddenly remembered the awesome trolls of BCF and I broke into a dirty great laugh, thought "Guess again, suckers!" and chucked it in the footwell.

Called at mam and dads for a mug of tea on the way home and showed them the ticket. Old mother went into fear-of-authority panic mode. Fatha wasn't much different. Both wouldn't believe the unenforcibility of private parking tickets until I showed them the Pepipoo forums.

At work the next day I got the same jive off the thickos, until the gaffer went on-line and eventually said, "It looks like he's right".

The oddest thing is that all day thursday I was singing "Я очень рад, ведь я, наконец, возвращаюсь домой" by Eduard Khil, literally all bloody day, at full volume. I couldn't stop trolololling. And when they shouted to stop, I trolololled them harder.

I'll update this thread with the thug letters, as and when. Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17713394/bcf/Fuck%2Bthe%2Bpolice%2Bdisobey.jpg

On the upside, it takes less time to key[1] some selfish fucker's POS car than it did to compose that foam-flecked "Hey-everyone-look-at-me-I'm-just-like Hezter-aren't-I?" little rantette.

[1] When I say, key, I understand the can opener on a SAK can get down to the bare metal without much effort at all.

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 03 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that WAS me for a minute. Shocked

Cheers for the pic Thumbs Up

dgo1212
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 03:31 - 04 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
They said the CCTV operator reported me when he saw me walk from my car, across the road.

I mean, what was he fucking expecting me to open the door and fall out onto the floor, then begin to drag myself on my stomach across the road?

I think thats generally the attitude nowadays, if you can walk without falling over every step you're not disabled, one of my Grandads is disabled and rarely uses the badge, he gets his "free car" with tax and insurance (by the way keggy, they get 2 full sets of tyres a year aswell), and he pays extra cash towards his "free car" so he can have a Honda instead of the shit they ussually dish out, shame he didn't know they gave Range rovers out eh. On a recent trip to the hospital he parked in a disabled bay and then had the cheek to get out and walk to the building, when he came back out there was a woman sat in a parking space opposite him with the engine running, grandad has a fag in the car while the screens demisting and the car in the disabled space beside him leaves, the car sat opposite drives across some 20 yards and parks beside him, some horrendous swetty fat cow gets out and starts giving him loads about parking in a disabled space when there was obviously nothing wrong with him, he proceeds to remove his leg and says "disabled enough for you you fat cunt", I sat laughing my arse off with my head down while he gave her the rundown on why she was a fat cunt

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:43 - 04 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgo1212 wrote:
the car sat opposite drives across some 20 yards and parks beside him, some horrendous swetty fat cow gets out and starts giving him loads about parking in a disabled space when there was obviously nothing wrong with him, he proceeds to remove his leg and says "disabled enough for you you fat cunt", I sat laughing my arse off with my head down while he gave her the rundown on why she was a fat cunt

Kudos to your Grandad.

Always funny seeing fat women cry.

In all seriousness though, that was the first time I've ever parked in a disabled space.

Would I do it again, in a near-empty car park, close to closing time?

Damn straight I would.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:39 - 05 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I came off the bike a few years ago it was obvious that I had several issues with mobility from the broken leg, the arm in a sling and the walking stick, but the then wife was still houinded for stopping in a Joey bay to help me into the local ASDA. I did have fun on the Joey scooter in the shop though.

speedy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 07:19 - 05 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

i lol when private firms give me tickets i bang them straight in the bin. i even parked the work van which had 4 petrol saws on the back for cutting rail a few crow bars bolt cutters etc etc and came back to the van to find theyd clamped me in the space of 15 mins got all the gear off the van did the job came back out pulled out the tool kit got the wheel and clamp off then filled the key hole in the padlock with super glue...theyre robbing bastards, ive never paid and its never gone further than a few warning letters!

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 05 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

keggyhander wrote:
Eggs Benedict wrote:
I hold a blue badge, I don't get a fee car, tax, Grass greeners, cream buns on a friday, for this you'd have to get DLA, I never applied.

I take it you work, then?

Since he's not replied.

He does work. Motorbike courier.
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 05 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

keggyhander wrote:
Marmalade wrote:

And in a normal space you can swing the door wide open to get your prosthetic legs out of the car?

it's not just about being close so that the pie eating self inflicted disabled fat bastard doesn't have so far to waddle to the pie counter, there is extra room for doors to open fully and wheelchair access etc.

The reason there is more space either side of the disabled spots is so that when the motability cars come up for sale after three years, they get more for them because the doors aren't fucked and scratched from other car doors hitting them.

I'm paying for those motability cars. Why should MY car doors get fucked?

Trololololol-olololololol-Hahahahahah!!!!!

Oh, and forgot to mention: It says my car is blue. My car is Jet Black. The blind cunt.

Given that I have a friend who is a wheelchair user (not a powered wheel chair either) I feel the need to speak on her behalf

you're being a twat.

try fitting a wheel chair between two small cars parked in normal spaces, it isn't going to happen.

Just for the record she had to sell her original car, buy one with an auto box and have a hand throttle fitted at her own expense, all while changing to a job that was less physically demanding and paid less.

Yes, there are many people milking the system, there are also many people who are just grateful of the helping hand given here and there (blue badge scheme being the specific example here)

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 05 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say, it takes a special kind of bastard to begrudge a person less fortunate than themsleves (through no fault of their own) a helping hand in life.

I suppose its easy to do if you're in the fortunate position of not needing said help... At this moment in time.

Thumbs Up

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 05 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

pa_broon74 wrote:
I would say, it takes a special kind of bastard to begrudge a person less fortunate than themsleves (through no fault of their own) a helping hand in life.

You've misunderstood me then.

I'll repeat: I've done it once, in a deserted car park, near to closing time.

If there were less "hurty back" actors, there'd be more free spaces for the real, intended recipients of those spaces.

Last edited by keggyhander on 11:56 - 05 Feb 2013; edited 1 time in total

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:53 - 05 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloggsy wrote:
keggyhander wrote:

The only shit on this site is you pal Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger
He's not wrong in principle.

I have an Aunty, her husband is registered on this DLA stuff, lives 40miles away and is a total cunt, had an operation on his leg when he was a yoof and played it out a bit then got awarded the free car etc etc, has 2 holidays abroad per year and generally get's his share of the freebies associated.

The people that monitor this abuse have been informed by neighbours and he's never been pulled for it. Pretty much lived the last 20years without working (except making profit from his hobbies) and creaming off that system. Hoping this 'reforms' plan will see karma fittingly fuck him over.

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:57 - 05 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

keggyhander wrote:
pa_broon74 wrote:

You've misunderstood me then.

I'll repeat: I've done it once, in a deserted car park, near to closing time.

If there were less "hurty back" actors, there'd be more free spaces for the real, intended benefactors of those spaces.

I'm not talking about parking in a disabled bay at half past midnight on a tuesday morning, I do that myself. I'm talking about the assumptions & generalisations your making about 'hurty back actors' and more generally your over-all tone on the subject.

Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 54 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4