Disabled Parking Bay Ticket

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

bunglebubs
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:17 - 07 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Some people see the Blue Badge as a free parking badge, some even boast about having one.

I think they should bring back the three wheeled blue spaz chariots, if you need a blue badge you can only drive one of them. Thumbs Up Not the bloody 4x4 Range Rovers I see being driven and parked where ever they bloody like.

Ive been saying this for years, I bet there wouldn't be as many mobility cars about if they were to bring it back!

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 07 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats wrong with these

https://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/andyscooters/320944_10151436012693854_164880872_n_zps11405cf3.jpg

i would love one Embarassed

model 70 inva car they were originaly made by ac

and got banned from the road in 2004

i also know were there is a couple that i could get my hands on as well
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dgo1212
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:46 - 07 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Sheep wrote:

In theory you can't use the blue badge in that way

My gran had a blue badge but never claimed DLA, basically she has bad arthritis in her legs and so walks quite slowly with a stick and can't carry things far.

When she gave up driving she gave me her car to use when I was home from uni in the summers on the understanding that I'd be able to get to work and also give her lifts to the supermarket.

I used to also drop her off in town, go off elsewhere and she'd ring me to come collect her.

legally if she is not with me I can not park the car, put her blue badge on to get free parking (council car parks in her town allow free parking for blue badge holders) nor can I use it for a disabled space.

the exception to this is parking the car with the blue badge on, walk up to meet her, carry her shopping back to the car for her and then take her home.

the blue badge goes with the person and their use of a vehicle.
technically I could park my bike in a disabled space with the blue badge on provided I'd taken my gran pillion to get there!

In theory you're absoloutely right, but the reality is most people abuse the badge system because they can, not only do they park in a disabled bay they actually think they have a right to because they have a badge. We took Grandad away last year and had gone in a friends car as she had a people carrier and was coming with us, whilst there we went into town and couldn't get parked anywhere near where we wanted to be, we had his wheelchair in the back so distance made no odds as he didn't have to walk and I opted to pay in the multi story, he was having none of it as his badge meant he didn't have to pay and he pointed at a place we could park, it was on double yellows and I advised him it wasn't a good idea as the car was going to be there most of the day, he stared again with the high and mighty "THAT BADGE GIVES US THE RIGHT TO PARK ON DOUBLE YELLOWS", I calmly respond with "the leeway they give you to park on yellow lines is probably to give you easy access to buildings that would otherwise be difficult for you to get too, like the dentist in town where the nearest legal parking space is quite a distance away, and it is NOT for you to just park where the fuck you like because you can't get a free patking space. In the end I paid for the private car park and we had our day out, it was ruined as he sulked and created an atmosphere with everybody because I had the cheek to disagree with him.

There are decent people like yourself who wont abuse the badge on principle, and you would probably drive your gran about even if she hadn't given you her car, but some people take the fucking piss with the badges, same with the "taxi" point at some supermarkets, it is pretty clear that the intention of these spaces is for the taxi to pull up, customer loads their shopping and then taxi fucks off, excellent idea and in theory should always be accessible, yet the taxi drivers seem to think because the sign says "taxi" they have the right to park there and go spend an hour doing their shopping. It's the old saying of "give someone an inch they take a mile I'm afraid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 07 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job nobody has mentioned the parent and child parking spaces.

LordShaftesbu...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 07 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

weasley wrote:

https://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0svkpuOTH1r23v1t.jpg

Snorty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 07 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

weasley wrote:

If I drove a car I would always park in those spaces. Why would I want to squeeze out of a narrow gap caused by not being able to open a door far enough?

Fuck that, you have a kid, that doesn't give you right to more room.

Past: CB125TDC | TZR125 | GPZ500 | CBR600F3 | ZX9-R | GSXR1000 K4

Frog
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:00 - 08 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, as a car driver, you'd rather they were forced to park in a normal space, and scratch your car whilst trying to balance a bag on their shoulder and pull a 12-month old, kicking and screaming, from her car?

The size of car parking spaces is irritating, as is the number of empty disabled spaces when the rest of car park is squeezed in, but clearly some members of society have different needs, and children, whilst a choice, are an integral part of our society.

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 08 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the kid in a cardboard box with some packing chips. Use the boot. Access no longer a problem.

Job's a good 'un. Thumbs Up

Frog
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:00 - 08 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thinking. Kids like boxes too.... Win, win. Smile

LordShaftesbu...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 08 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to poke some holes in the box!! Can't count the number of times that's caught me out.

Benson_JV
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 08 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boxing wrote:
I hope not to offend anyone with this post.

Anyway, when I'm in my local Tesco car park (the bike parking bays are right next to the disabled parking bays) I see many people parking in the disabled bays with blue badges that are young looking lads and ladies, I assume they just take their parents / grandparents badges and go have a field day shopping. Rolling Eyes

That's the problem though - you'd see my missus, who is 21, with her blue badge and assume that as at a quick glance, she has nothing noticably wrong. She had a stroke at birth and gets a car & a blue badge, without it she'd still be stuck at home unable to go anywhere.

The amount of times we have old people muttering/openly having a go at us is unreal and it's gotten to the point now where I no longer have the patience to explain but rather just stuff the blue badge under their nose with the picture of the missus and tell them to fuck off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 70 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4