Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Recommended courier company? Where I can drop off?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 18:46 - 24 Feb 2013    Post subject: Recommended courier company? Where I can drop off? Reply with quote

Hi.

I have sold a steering wheel on ebay that Royal Mail want an obscene amount to send.

I have looked at myhermes, but their reviews are very poor. It seems most courier companies want to collect your parcel, but my job means I am out most of the week and not in any one place for an extended period of time.

Any recommendations where I can just drop off my parcel at the depot?

Jon.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 24 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring your local DHL/UPS/Citylink and see what they can do? Depot manager may be a bit more helpful than some retard in a call centre.

wilz1234
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:16 - 24 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or ask them to collect from your workplace.

Interparcels pretty good if you want to find out how much a courier would be as it gives a list of quotes from loads of courier companies.

https://www.interparcel.com/

EDIT: Just read that youre not in one place for long. I'm sure they'd be fine if you dropped it at a depot as it saves them the cost of collection.

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 24 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Collect plus (Collect+), you can take it into a local shop. I think Myhermes also use some of the same shops to collect from.
We have used both in the past with no problems.
https://www.collectplus.co.uk/

collect+ is also trackable.

Last edited by hedgehugger on 19:27 - 24 Feb 2013; edited 1 time in total

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 24 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to post office but send via parcel force.
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 19:37 - 24 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Will_ wrote:
Go to post office but send via parcel force.

Parcelforce is still coming up at double all other couriers.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:44 - 24 Feb 2013    Post subject: Re: Recommended courier company? Where I can drop off? Reply with quote

I use myhermes a fair bit and am generally happy with them - certainly for the price.

They're definitely 'budget' as far as the service goes, but the price can be a good bit cheaper than the moderate-price options.

There's a drop-off under a mile from me that opens until 9pm, which suits me.

CLTNS12 for 25% off your first order with myhermes.

ZebraDriver
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:27 - 24 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google "parcel monkey" they seem to come up with good prices. I sent a Land Rover adjustable towbar (approx 10kg) from Edinburgh to London for about £8. And they pick up the package from you as well.

ZD

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 21:28 - 24 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, went direct onto parcel force website as I had a 15% off code and they are actually really reasonable, bit of a strange pricing policy.

But i'll go with that then. Thumbs Up

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 24 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonB wrote:
Strange, went direct onto parcel force website as I had a 15% off code and they are actually really reasonable, bit of a strange pricing policy.

But i'll go with that then. Thumbs Up

Is that a multi use code? Got something to post myself Smile
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 22:19 - 24 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found it on voucher codes, just search parcel force codes on google.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 66 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1