Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 11:56 - 19 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

KenBB wrote:
Hi Guys,

Ken from <SPAM> BikeBuilds.net </SPAM> here. Well on its way - can't wait to see the finished product. It's great to see a classic put right again.

We were glad to add <SPAM>BikeBuilds.net</SPAM>Valentino Mossy's bike to our encyclopedia DIRECTORY <SPAM>BikeBuilds.net</SPAM>

Ken

Hello Ken... welcome to BCF... I presume you did in fact read Korns terms and conditions for joining his forum... which includes not joining for the express purpose of spamming the boards to promote other sites...... no... I thought not.

Also please find a real encyclopaedia, or even a dictionary will do, and read the definition OF 'encyclopaedia'... your spam site is NOT one.

A list of motorcycles, and links to where information about them may be found is called a 'Directory'.

Whilst you are there, you may also look up the entry for "Irony" given this at the bottom of every page of your 'Directory'
Quote:
Copyright Ⓒ 2014 BikeBuilds.net

Including the one on which you have re-hosted a photograph I most decidedly own the copy-right to, along with others belonging to other contributors to this forum; including, Blau Zedong; chris15; MarkJ; Jrod; Ichy; Aff; Mossy; Kerr; 0l0dom0l0; Dean-J; hmmmnz; Billing

But thanks for bringing it to our attention, that Mossy hasn't added anything to the thread for a year... oh how time flies when your having fun.... and he really ought to give us an update...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Valentino Mossy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 19 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

....I sold it Wink

Finding parts for it and trying to get it running was doing my head in.
It was missing a lot more parts then I first thought.
In the end I decided to cut my losses.

I've moved the 916 in to the shed to work on that over the winter which includes getting the frame powder coated,so that project will be started back up shortly.

It's a shame that I couldn't get this thing finished but it was starting to look like a money pit then a cheap rebuild.

Also a new puppy has taken up all my time lol !

I would have liked to be asked first if some one wanted to use my photos. To use something and then to say that you've done it is wrong....even if it is in the public domain.
Plus looking at the other Ducati projects on there I don't think you've asked all those on Ducati. ms either....

A mate of mine writes for a successful bike magazine and has asked me first if he could use pictures of my 916 in the latest issue.... Yes my images are in the public domain, yes they would be making money from them, but he asked my permission first....

mickthebike
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:43 - 28 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

orac wrote:

sorry i thought this was the internet, were you can do whatever the hell you wanted when ever the hell you want.

argue intelectual copy write if you like, but it will make no difference, this is still the internet and no one gives a fuck

No, you cannot do exactly what you want and people do care. It is called standards both moral and legal.

Mind you if you did want to do something you could learn to use the English language properly, how to use grammar and how to spell.

But I don't suppose you care if you are an embarrassment to yourself, do you?

orac
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:03 - 28 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickthebike wrote:
orac wrote:

sorry i thought this was the internet, were you can do whatever the hell you wanted when ever the hell you want.

argue intelectual copy write if you like, but it will make no difference, this is still the internet and no one gives a fuck

No, you cannot do exactly what you want and people do care. It is called standards both moral and legal.

Mind you if you did want to do something you could learn to use the English language properly, how to use grammar and how to spell.

But I don't suppose you care if you are an embarrassment to yourself, do you?

maybe you should check yourself, taking the piss out of some ones inability due to a disability isn't really a very clever thing to do. I am not embarrassed by the fact that I struggle with English on a daily basis, I often get people to read things when I struggle, take a long time write things and lots of mistakes along the way. Unfortunately its very hard for me to see these mistakes that I make in text.

If you are afraid that something you post on the internet is going to get copied, or do not wish it to get copied in any way shape or form, don't post it. its is that simple. its the same everywhere, you put it into public space, it will get copied, permissive or other wise.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 184 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3