Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Derbi senda acceleration problem [help?]

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

SM4CK5HOT
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:57 - 17 Mar 2013    Post subject: Derbi senda acceleration problem [help?] Reply with quote

hey, i have just registered on this website and was looking for some advise on my derbi senda x race,

first off, i had it de restricted by the garage had main jet increased and exhaust pipe chopped and washers removed also had new front and back sprockets everything was fine, then i decided to buy a performance pipe a tecnigas enox had that fitted but ever since that the acceleration is ok but pretty slow then all of a sudden i get a big burst of power, its not a problem but was wondering if this was normal because it did not happen with my stock exhaust

thanks, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:17 - 17 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the garage jetted it for your stock exhaust, so now you've changed exhausts you'll need to get it done again.

SM4CK5HOT
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 03:00 - 17 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irn-Bru wrote:
Well the garage jetted it for your stock exhaust, so now you've changed exhausts you'll need to get it done again.

so would it be fine if i left it though?

jamieward
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 09:41 - 17 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I understand the exhaust corrects back pressure and this means that the jets will need changing if you change the exhaust buddy

goodluck mate
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 17 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

SM4CK5HOT wrote:
so would it be fine if i left it though?

Well it's your bike, that's up to you Wink What's the point in the new exhaust if it gimps the bike though? If you don't want to mess around getting it rejetted the laziest solution is to put the old exhaust back on.

dansp1
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:09 - 17 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is more likely that the exhaust you have fitted is designed to work with a big bore kit or a barrel in a different state of tune.
The jetting is obviously important, you dont want to hole a piston, but it may be that the pipe has just moved the power band higher up the rev range, this can only be done at the expense of bottom end / mid range power( which tend to be lacking anyway on a 50)
Hence why it feels gutless until you are revving the tits off it Very Happy

SM4CK5HOT
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:38 - 17 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

dansp1 wrote:
It is more likely that the exhaust you have fitted is designed to work with a big bore kit or a barrel in a different state of tune.
The jetting is obviously important, you dont want to hole a piston, but it may be that the pipe has just moved the power band higher up the rev range, this can only be done at the expense of bottom end / mid range power( which tend to be lacking anyway on a 50)
Hence why it feels gutless until you are revving the tits off it Very Happy

no it only feels gutless when pulling away then it shoots off really fast,
any ideas of how much to upjet by what size?

SM4CK5HOT
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:02 - 17 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone got any ideas? of what to do/ jet sizes?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 36 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1