Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

'08 Yamaha FZ6 S2

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:13 - 04 Apr 2013    Post subject: '08 Yamaha FZ6 S2 Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/yuzcVIV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/B9d4Luw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/shrSnnx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/z6Qv8bG.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Davenaylor
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 06:57 - 04 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit its warm where you live.

Oddly soothing picsa, now I'm off back to my fudge packing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Aspire
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:08 - 04 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pics have one of the front?

Bloggsy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:30 - 04 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not an FZ6 S2 it's an FZ6 N the S2 Has a fairing.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 04 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloggsy wrote:

The S2 comes in either half-faired or completely naked forms.

Andy

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 04 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Bloggsy wrote:

The S2 comes in either half-faired or completely naked forms.

Andy

https://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae74/Clearancelines/in_your_face__bitch_l__by_dreamsvisuals-d4zrulo.gif

Ash-69
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 04 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teckernickally speaking, the 1/2 faired jobbie, just like mine Smile is an FZ6 Fazer S2.

Found my old tripod the other night, really must have a go at the night time B&W, looks sharp .................... Thumbs Up

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:24 - 05 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like those B&W pic's Thumbs Up

As previously requested, do you have any of the front?
Previous Ride's - '01 Aprilia SR125 (Sold) '08 HONDA CBF600n (Sold) '96 CB500 (Sold) '01 FZS 1000 (Sold) '06 CB1300SA (Sold) '07 CB600F Hornet (Sold) - '93 Suzuki Savage LS400 (Sold) '98 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (Sold) '05 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '01 FZS1000 Fazer (Sold) 2016 Harley Davidson Street Bob SE (Sold) '02 Kawasaki ZX9R (Sold) '98 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) '13 Yamaha FZ1-N

Ash-69
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:27 - 05 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need more practice, or more light, or a better camera, or software, or a flash, better lens ............... Fuck it Sad

FZ6 Fazer S2

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:28 - 06 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys. Had me worried then that I had been sold an S2 replica or some sort. I do prefer the FZ6 from the rear hence the pictures. I think I took a couple from the back when I took the above pictures, I will have a look. Not a fan of the faired FZ6 although not sure why and it is something I regret when commuting on the motorway.

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:51 - 06 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/XeeY0sm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CViDFYH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WhucG4S.jpg

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 08:54 - 06 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fnatic wrote:
Cheers guys. Had me worried then that I had been sold an S2 replica or some sort. I do prefer the FZ6 from the rear hence the pictures. I think I took a couple from the back when I took the above pictures, I will have a look. Not a fan of the faired FZ6 although not sure why and it is something I regret when commuting on the motorway.

Yeah, those rear pipes do look good Smile
And no, it's definitely not a replica!!
Previous Ride's - '01 Aprilia SR125 (Sold) '08 HONDA CBF600n (Sold) '96 CB500 (Sold) '01 FZS 1000 (Sold) '06 CB1300SA (Sold) '07 CB600F Hornet (Sold) - '93 Suzuki Savage LS400 (Sold) '98 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (Sold) '05 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '01 FZS1000 Fazer (Sold) 2016 Harley Davidson Street Bob SE (Sold) '02 Kawasaki ZX9R (Sold) '98 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) '13 Yamaha FZ1-N

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:39 - 06 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannymassive wrote:
Fnatic wrote:

Yeah, those rear pipes do look good Smile
And no, it's definitely not a replica!!

What is the difference between the S2 and standard FZ6? I remember reading about it when I bought the bike but that was 18 months ago. Is it more powerful or jut the newer model?

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 06 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fnatic wrote:

What is the difference between the S2 and standard FZ6? I remember reading about it when I bought the bike but that was 18 months ago. Is it more powerful or jut the newer model?

S2 is 97 hp (70.5 kW), standard is 78 (58 kW).

Really nice pictures btw...

Andy

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 06 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Fnatic wrote:

S2 is 97 hp (70.5 kW), standard is 78 (58 kW).

Really nice pictures btw...

Andy

Ah, thought it was something like that. Thanks. I just stuck my DSLR on auto with a tripod under whatever artificial lighting I could find, turned the ISO down and snapped.

Desaturated in Photoshop, messed around with layers and voilĂ .

Ash-69
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 06 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your photos much better than my attempt - maybe the council up here aren't sticking enough juice through our bulbs.....

From what I remember when looking for mine, the S2 fuelling was remapped to improve throttle response and the swing arm was modified, although for what reason I'm not sure - stiffer? lighter? cheaper to produce?.

Looks wise you're right, the fairing looks odd from some angles and it doesn't 'sit' right for the camera, so not quite as photogenic as yours, however the fairing comes into its own at anything above <restricted information Shocked > so better for distances and anything involving a motorway or shit weather

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 06 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash-69 wrote:
Your photos much better than my attempt - maybe the council up here aren't sticking enough juice through our bulbs.....

From what I remember when looking for mine, the S2 fuelling was remapped to improve throttle response and the swing arm was modified, although for what reason I'm not sure - stiffer? lighter? cheaper to produce?.

Looks wise you're right, the fairing looks odd from some angles and it doesn't 'sit' right for the camera, so not quite as photogenic as yours, however the fairing comes into its own at anything above <restricted information Shocked > so better for distances and anything involving a motorway or shit weather

I want to find someone with an FZ6N with a fly screen to ask if it actually makes any realistic difference. I use my bike mainly for commuting or travelling home from University. For commuting it's fine as it's just a half an hour blast but 100 miles on the M1 sure it fatiguing with no screen.

Sad

JP7
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:25 - 07 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fnatic wrote:

I want to find someone with an FZ6N with a fly screen to ask if it actually makes any realistic difference.

Me!

My FZ6N has a fly screen on the front, it does make a difference and directs some of the airflow away, but as with any naked bike, it's a very breezy riding experience once you get up to motorway speeds. It does get tiring after a while, especially if you find yourself doing 100 miles down the motorway. If that's the sort of riding that you'll do reasonably often, it's worth investing in a fly screen, certainly.

Oh, and this is what it looks like with a screen on...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/551496_10150658491608920_677029901_n.jpg

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 07 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP7 wrote:
Fnatic wrote:

I want to find someone with an FZ6N with a fly screen to ask if it actually makes any realistic difference.

Me!

My FZ6N has a fly screen on the front, it does make a difference and directs some of the airflow away, but as with any naked bike, it's a very breezy riding experience once you get up to motorway speeds. It does get tiring after a while, especially if you find yourself doing 100 miles down the motorway. If that's the sort of riding that you'll do reasonably often, it's worth investing in a fly screen, certainly.

Oh, and this is what it looks like with a screen on...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/551496_10150658491608920_677029901_n.jpg

Cheers for that mate, it may be worth me investing then. Over half of the 8000 miles I have done on the bike have been Motorway miles I reckon. It looks alright but it does detract slightly from the aggressive naked look the FZ6 has. I was looking up mods for the bike earlier. New fork internals, Ohlins rear, carbon hugger/fender etc.

So much I'd love to do but then you start getting into R6 money. Think I will leave mine stock for now, although I may change/remove the mirrors. Not a fan and I can barely see anything out of them anyway. Laughing

How long you had your FZ6 for mate?

JP7
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:59 - 08 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I quite like mine with the screen on, and it does take some of the focus off the mirrors, otherwise they stick out too much. But yes, if you're a purist for the naked look then the screen does take something away from it.

I've had mine three years now, I've absolutely loved it but it's time for a change, I'm going to change it for something else in the next month or so I think.

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 08 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP7 wrote:
I must admit I quite like mine with the screen on, and it does take some of the focus off the mirrors, otherwise they stick out too much. But yes, if you're a purist for the naked look then the screen does take something away from it.

I've had mine three years now, I've absolutely loved it but it's time for a change, I'm going to change it for something else in the next month or so I think.

What are you planning to upgrade too? I am off my restriction in October and will *touch wood* still have 4 years NCB. Might look at an upgrade then.

JP7
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:33 - 08 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either a Daytona 675 or a Gixxer 750 hopefully.

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
S2 is 97 hp (70.5 kW), standard is 78 (58 kW).Andy

This is rubbish.

The FZ6S or FZ6SN was made from between 2004-2007, it has exactly the same engine 95 ish hp, frame and all that shit.

The FZ6 S2 is just a 'facelift model' effectively. Or a second generation model (hence the S2 bit). They just revised the bike slightly and made the following changes:

New style speedo

New fuel mapping on the ECU to improve throttle response (The S2 model has a 2 stage CAT system though, where as the original is a single CAT. Plus, I don't suspect the fuel mapping actually improves the throttle response, more gets it through the new emissions tests that came out)

Better front brakes

Rear swingarm is different. The only difference is the chain adjusters though.

Everything else is the same.....

It's a bit like a K1 or K2 gsxr etc. Just the S covered 3 years etc.

On another note, nice bike. I'm another FZ6 owner. I think I'm going to invest in a fly screen.... motorway riding is very uncomfy at times.

Great bikes for round town and filtering though, very narrow, nimble and quick too.

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

0l0dom0l0 wrote:
ScaredyCat wrote:
S2 is 97 hp (70.5 kW), standard is 78 (58 kW).Andy

This is rubbish.

The FZ6S or FZ6SN was made from between 2004-2007, it has exactly the same engine 95 ish hp, frame and all that shit.

The FZ6 S2 is just a 'facelift model' effectively. Or a second generation model (hence the S2 bit). They just revised the bike slightly and made the following changes:

New style speedo

New fuel mapping on the ECU to improve throttle response (The S2 model has a 2 stage CAT system though, where as the original is a single CAT. Plus, I don't suspect the fuel mapping actually improves the throttle response, more gets it through the new emissions tests that came out)

Better front brakes

Rear swingarm is different. The only difference is the chain adjusters though.

Everything else is the same.....

It's a bit like a K1 or K2 gsxr etc. Just the S covered 3 years etc.

On another note, nice bike. I'm another FZ6 owner. I think I'm going to invest in a fly screen.... motorway riding is very uncomfy at times.

Great bikes for round town and filtering though, very narrow, nimble and quick too.

The versions sold from 2007 onwards (S2 revision) that weren't the S2 were sold with 76BHP I believe but 97BHP with the S2.

So S2 are the more powerful model but the same power as the 04-06 standard model.

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fnatic wrote:
The versions sold from 2007 onwards (S2 revision) that weren't the S2 were sold with 76BHP I believe but 97BHP with the S2.

So S2 are the more powerful model but the same power as the 04-06 standard model.

Indeed, but I don't think these were available to buy in the UK.

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2