Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My Yamaha YZF-R125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

madness1802
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:47 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: My Yamaha YZF-R125 Reply with quote

Just thought I'll make myself known and show my baby.

I am a proud owner of this nice 125.

https://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t600/madness1802/2013-03-30165431_zpse81afd97.jpg

embarrassingly this is when I put the Disk lock on the back and not the front....Yea I know....... Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Zeus
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:43 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's beautiful, doesn't even look like a 125 from that angle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty bike! Will look even prettier without them 'orrid lookin red L's on. Thumbs Up WhenYaDoinYaTest? Smile

madness1802
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:05 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sable wrote:
Pretty bike! Will look even prettier without them 'orrid lookin red L's on. Thumbs Up WhenYaDoinYaTest? Smile

Ive got two choices, I either do the A2 and stick with a 125

OR

I wait till im 24 and do the full unrestricted test.

I am still thinking about it and will probs ask on the new rider post. Cool

L-Jam
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bro has one, fantastic 125. Took it out for a ride, admittedly got bored after an hour but if I had it at his age I would have loved it. Working the gear box for that extra five miles an hour is funny as fuck.

madness1802
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:17 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

L-Jam wrote:
My bro has one, fantastic 125. Took it out for a ride, admittedly got bored after an hour but if I had it at his age I would have loved it. Working the gear box for that extra five miles an hour is funny as fuck.

Absolutely. I have pushed the bike to see how far it could go and Its still looks like its hiding a few horses in there...Deffo feels like it.

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

less than a £100 and you will mod your bike to go super fast. Honestly, the weight saving and aerodynamics that come from L plate removal is a super boost! Thumbs Up Smile

madness1802
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:22 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sable wrote:
less than a £100 and you will mod your bike to go super fast. Honestly, the weight saving and aerodynamics that come from L plate removal is a super boost! Thumbs Up Smile

Off to the license forum I go ! Very Happy that sounds so good I wana try it lol

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. In all honesty, I still ride a 125 4 stroke, but when I did my test and passed my brain was suddenly like 'Oh crap! I really can ride this thing!'. My confidence jumped, which boosted my ability somewhat. Then watched Twist of the Wrist 2, and started doing corners right. But doing the test and getting the license was the biggest boost to my riding I have done. Thumbs Up

Now go book that test. Its a piece of piss! Smile

madness1802
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:30 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sable wrote:
Heh. In all honesty, I still ride a 125 4 stroke, but when I did my test and passed my brain was suddenly like 'Oh crap! I really can ride this thing!'. My confidence jumped, which boosted my ability somewhat. Then watched Twist of the Wrist 2, and started doing corners right. But doing the test and getting the license was the biggest boost to my riding I have done. Thumbs Up

Now go book that test. Its a piece of piss! Smile
Thumbs Up

Im 22 A2 worth it?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:32 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hold out.

Waste of cash right now... L plates or not, a bike is a bike. I'd be riding it and getting practice for the bigger test.

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to have to do your CBT again before you are 24?

madness1802
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:43 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sable wrote:
Are you going to have to do your CBT again before you are 24?

Might be able to get away with not redoing it. I passed it in end of march.

I turn 24 on the 18th feb. I will have a little gap to nail it. So something to push me I guess? Otherwise yea re-do CBT.

L-Jam
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:44 - 11 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

May as well wait now, since you've got a decent bike and the rules are increasingly wank - I don't even know them any more. That said, read the link to my post in my sig - you might find it interesting/informative/complete shit.

BanditBoy12
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 11 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks beautiful. Got a mate with one of these, he has an akropovic system that sounds great! Would look better with a tail tidy, but thats just my opinion. Enjoy it!

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:04 - 11 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
I'd hold out.

Waste of cash right now... L plates or not, a bike is a bike. I'd be riding it and getting practice for the bigger test.

Nowt wrong with doing A2, buying a 600 then just booking your tests again if you wanna fully desretrict, 47bhp is plenty to play with until then.. plus you wont need to rent a bike or have lessons

Deffo get XP in on the 125 first though Thumbs Up

Honestly these bikes look nice but are very poserish, they are no better than many other 4stroke 125's really but they cost 3 times as much, to both buy, fix and probably insure

Troy92
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:38 - 11 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the wr125. Complete waste of money and a real bitch to sell without being ripped off if you still have the chance to send it back doit

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 11 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pretty colour, and it's not a disaster style wise either and I can see why Yamaha did the whole mini R6/R1 wannabe job on it.

But I really don't know why they didn't just fit the new 4valve 4stroke into the late 90's TZR125R frame. That bike was to me one of the nicest looking non Italian race rep 125's, and though I've seen a few fugly Italian 4DL imports, I've never seen a TZR R? (whatever the jap model code was) in real life.

I suppose the TZR was more expensive to produce than the YZF125R, but must still have been cheaper than designing a whole new bike?

mivster
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 02:32 - 12 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice bike just needs a tail tidy Very Happy

mivster
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 02:33 - 12 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice bike just needs a tail tidy Very Happy

Sako
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 12 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for a tail tidy, that thing must act like an air brake

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 12 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

madness1802 wrote:

Im 22 A2 worth it?

If you were 19-20 I would say yes.. but now you may as well wait until you are 24 and do DAS.

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 12 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, you're going to lose a bit of money on that bike when you go to sell it I would have thought, so you may as well make the most of it now you've spent the money.

Wait until you're 24 and do DAS I would say. If you do you're test now your only going to have to do it again in two years time anyway if you want a full power bike.

Edit: PS, the bike looks really nice, I've wanted to have a go on one of these for ages - still haven't though Sad

Mord
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:39 - 13 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Very Happy It would look like a big bike without that L plate Thumbs Up

Kol
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:48 - 13 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice R125 there mate. They're a great first bike! Don't listen to that bollocks about them being a posers 125, they are a great little bike to learn the basics plus a little more on. They hold their value as well, I actually made £400 when I sold mine and I'd put 7K on it. Defo get a tail tidy, the Evo tech is the slickest for the R125. Also, remove those pillion pegs and consider a pillion seat cover, as you won't ever be taking a pillion on her! Lol
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 7 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4