Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My Yamaha YZF-R125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:32 - 13 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a terrible shame that 21 year olds can't hop onto anything bigger than a 500cc bike nowadays due to stupid licensing laws. It's a nice little bike and will do the job. A lad in the uni bike club had one and would just about do 80mph. Unfortunately for him, the rest of us had 600's and litre bikes.

It's a shame about the licensing laws depriving younger riders of nicer machinery. You don't get anywhere near the quality of kit (adjustability and component quality) on the small cc bikes as you would with middleweights.

Not sure if they sell crash protectors for the fairings, but it might be a worthwhile investment if you intend to be keeping it that long.

Actually, found them Arrow Stick on some R&G's to save yourself cash during the inevitable spill

Those panels are pretty large and I bet genuine ones aren't cheap! This will save you a hefty bill if the bike topples over - even a sidestand drop will crack a fairing or 2. It MAY also stop your engine casings from being ground down (as was the case on mine)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

madness1802
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:10 - 13 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kol wrote:
Nice R125 there mate. They're a great first bike! Don't listen to that bollocks about them being a posers 125, they are a great little bike to learn the basics plus a little more on. They hold their value as well, I actually made £400 when I sold mine and I'd put 7K on it. Defo get a tail tidy, the Evo tech is the slickest for the R125. Also, remove those pillion pegs and consider a pillion seat cover, as you won't ever be taking a pillion on her! Lol

Cheers all, your comments are what make this worth while posting Smile

I deffo agree with the tail tidy though, it does stick out like a sore thumb.

Seeing I plan to have her for 2 years Smile I will look at customizing and WILL post the updates on the show and tell. Give it a couple of months though as I need to save money.

All I will say is STAY TUNED ! and thanks again Mr. Green

madness1802
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:13 - 13 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tot wrote:
It's a terrible shame that 21 year olds can't hop onto anything bigger than a 500cc bike nowadays due to stupid licensing laws. It's a nice little bike and will do the job. A lad in the uni bike club had one and would just about do 80mph. Unfortunately for him, the rest of us had 600's and litre bikes.

It's a shame about the licensing laws depriving younger riders of nicer machinery. You don't get anywhere near the quality of kit (adjustability and component quality) on the small cc bikes as you would with middleweights.

Not sure if they sell crash protectors for the fairings, but it might be a worthwhile investment if you intend to be keeping it that long.

Actually, found them Arrow Stick on some R&G's to save yourself cash during the inevitable spill

Those panels are pretty large and I bet genuine ones aren't cheap! This will save you a hefty bill if the bike topples over - even a sidestand drop will crack a fairing or 2. It MAY also stop your engine casings from being ground down (as was the case on mine)

And YES that is on the list, I have dropped it once or twice and after that I dont wana do it again. My heart SANK.

Lucky I got away with minimal damage so no replacement fairings needed.

fox
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:10 - 19 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kol wrote:
Nice R125 there mate. They're a great first bike! Don't listen to that bollocks about them being a posers 125, they are a great little bike to learn the basics plus a little more on. They hold their value as well, I actually made £400 when I sold mine and I'd put 7K on it. Defo get a tail tidy, the Evo tech is the slickest for the R125. Also, remove those pillion pegs and consider a pillion seat cover, as you won't ever be taking a pillion on her! Lol

+1

Also change that exhaust. Looks and sounds crap. Scorpion do a fairly cheap one. Thumbs Up

andi
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:35 - 19 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missus has an 08 in yellow. Cracking bike but sounds a bit pants. That scorpian exhaust may be worth thinking about so you can tell me if it sounds ant better Thumbs Up Wink

ian505050
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:59 - 19 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike here are a few R125's i owned

https://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1856391/

https://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1856374/

https://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1856381/

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kol
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:05 - 19 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian505050 wrote:

Why own more than one? Why not move onto a bigger and better bike?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ian505050
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:35 - 19 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kol wrote:
ian505050 wrote:

Why own more than one? Why not move onto a bigger and better bike?

I did

But i wanted to try each colour to work out which was the fastest colour
I found out they all go the same speed

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 19 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeus wrote:
that's beautiful, doesn't even look like a 125 from that angle

On my way home the other week on my 125. Looked in right mirror to see a lovely shiny blue R1 had caught me up.

I'm in a 40mph zone doing 40, so would not move over for any car. But not wanting to be a complete knob I moved to the left to let this guy through. Well, he came past, head down in the bubble, but as you surely predicted, about 6mph above my speed. It was the worlds slowest overtake. Smile

It really is a very nice bike, on the road it definitely looks the part. Very nice!

Kol
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 20 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ian505050"]
Kol wrote:

I did

But i wanted to try each colour to work out which was the fastest colour.
I found out they all go the same speed

Lol, mine was a white and red 2008 and it topped out at 84mph, the gearbox/rev limiter wouldn't let it go any faster! Haha, I have fond memories of chasing every little bit of speed in every gear when hooning it around on that thing Smile

madness1802
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:31 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Lol, mine was a white and red 2008 and it topped out at 84mph, the gearbox/rev limiter wouldn't let it go any faster! Haha, I have fond memories of chasing every little bit of speed in every gear when hooning it around on that thing Smile

Funny I noticed the same. About 84mph before limiter kicks in.

I have an update for this bike. Smile I have ordered a couple of things. A tail tidy is one. Tank guard and new mirrors (smaller and nicer looking than the dam stock ones).

I will post a new pic once Ive fitted everything.

Very Happy

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:45 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's bought that and you guys are telling him to spend more money on it for aesthetics?

Don't bother, save the money for your test, buy something bigger
My 600 was only £850

And bollocks does it do 80mph, its a 4 stroke 125, IMPOSSIBRU
Unless you're going very much downhill Rolling Eyes

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

madness1802 wrote:
Funny I noticed the same. About 84mph before limit of the engine kicks in.

Thumbs Up

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:
He's bought that and you guys are telling him to spend more money on it for aesthetics?

My 600 was only £850

Because he says in the first page hes gonna be on it for 2 years. If I had to ride a single bike for 2 years, I would want it nice too. Though personally, I would be too impatient and get my 125 test done in his position. £100 and the best aesthetic improvement of all, the L's come off. Mr. Green

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sable wrote:
Alpha-9 wrote:

My 600 was only £850

Because he says in the first page hes gonna be on it for 2 years. If I had to ride a single bike for 2 years, I would want it nice too. Though personally, I would be too impatient and get my 125 test done in his position. £100 and the best aesthetic improvement of all, the L's come off. Mr. Green

Pfft, assuming I read OPs post Rolling Eyes Razz
Fair enough I guess, most expensive 125s on the market they are, will add 10mph without the L plates fo-sho' though

madness1802
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:09 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:

My 600 was only £850

Easy tiger. And yes did does do about 84 on a straight, Its a brand new bike with (1000 miles on the clock). Its more than able too. (thought it says 84 on the speedo, I would say true speed is 80).

And seeing im having this bike for 2 years, Yes ill be changing a few Components because thats what I do Razz (I like projects).

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:35 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top speed: 75mph is it's stated top speed on visordown, faster than most 4 stroke 125's at least Thumbs Up

Very flash, don't drop it Wink

madness1802
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:51 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:
Top speed: 75mph is it's stated top speed on visordown, faster than most 4 stroke 125's at least Thumbs Up

Too late Embarassed already done that

Kol
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:26 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:

Top Speed of the R125 is 84mph indicated on the speedo, and 81mph actual speed reading from GPS at a constant speed. That was bouncing off the rev limter in 6th, with the speedo reading 84-83-84-83mph, lol. It could do that on a straight, as long as you didn't have a strong head wind, and easily down a hill, with the rev limiter simply stopping the bike from going any faster. It's a great little bike for what it is. I did 7K on mine, had a great laugh on it and then moved onto bigger, better things Cool

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:16 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't hit the limiter in 6th Thumbs Up

Kol
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:33 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
You can't hit the limiter in 6th Thumbs Up

That seems like a bit of a bizarre statement Paddy? So I assume you're just trolling the thread mate.

The limiter is there to stop the rider over revving the engine and damaging it, so why would it matter what gear you're in? It's still the same rpm limit which you are prevented from going beyond in each gear.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:28 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The YZF does not have the power to hit the limiter in 6th.

I've ridden one, full speed, down a hill.

ian505050
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:58 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had several. R125's and can confirm they all hit the limiter at 84mph. If u a fat cunt this will never happen.

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:23 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian505050 wrote:
I have had several. R125's and can confirm they all hit the limiter at 84mph. If u a fat cunt this will never happen.

Then you must weigh like 6 stone nothing
at 6ft 4 and 14 stone I struggled to get my YBR to 65 Laughing

Would be nice to see a graph of physical limitations of an engine, IE. a 4 stroke 125 will not go faster than X unless at an incline of Y which with the momentum at a weight of Z will make a top downhill speed of A

plausablé?

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:

Then you must weigh like 6 stone nothing
at 6ft 4 and 14 stone I struggled to get my YBR to 65 Laughing

YBR's are unfaired, not particularly aerodynamic, and don’t have the same engine as the YZF (water cooled thingy?).

Pin your chin to the tank, weight 10-11 stone, and ring the crap out of the throttle, and a sporty 125 should be able to get to indicated 75+. 84 is plausible in the right conditions.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 343 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4