Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Moto GP to be shown on BT vision from 2014

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 09 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of say 10 races of Moto GP, 3 or so I feel were worth watching all the way through, the others the highlights is enough for me.

The best part of it being on BBC is usually a fair few others watch it just out of passing interest, some blokes chat football down the local, me and the lads chat bike racing but not everybody follows it so religiously as to pay to watch, feel that's going to be lost Sad

Will still watch it if I can find it for free but no frigging way am I paying money to BT again after the rip-off stunts they pulled with their broadband package (unlimited downloads my arse!), the plus side I guess is more time for BSB which is wholly a lot more entertaining just a bad time slot IMO.

Saltire
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:14 - 09 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently training for BT, and all I can say is BT is going to blow Sky out of the water;

Sky Sports is £20 on top of the Entertainment/Entertainment Extra pack (£21/£25), £41 quid minimum.

BT Vision is going to be doing the Sports for free if you have your Broadband with them. So £23 roughly and you get Unlimited Fibre BB and the Sports for free, you don't have to take out any of the basic channel packages.

Sorry to sound like a salesman but I'm pretty taken aback by it.

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:26 - 09 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My BT ADSL Broadband is £40 a month
A fucking travesty. How about you sort it '46?

Saltire
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:34 - 09 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:

The fuck? Ill check out why it might be that much tomorrow and see if anything can be done Razz

Is that incl line rental?

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:46 - 09 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saltire46 wrote:
Alpha-9 wrote:

The fuck? Ill check out why it might be that much tomorrow and see if anything can be done Razz

Is that incl line rental?

Ya, line rental is the true jip, they keep that quiet in their sales bullshit Wink
unlimited, shitty speed, no virgin in our area or fibre optic exchange, not till later this year apparently

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 09 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saltire46 wrote:
I am currently training for BT, and all I can say is BT is going to blow Sky out of the water;

Sky Sports is £20 on top of the Entertainment/Entertainment Extra pack (£21/£25), £41 quid minimum.

BT Vision is going to be doing the Sports for free if you have your Broadband with them.

That's what people were saying about Setanta when it started showing the football and that was a massive success.

The thing is their big ratings puller is going to be the premier league football and they are only showing 30 odd games, sky are showing many more. So the BT sport channel is going to more then likely just be an additional channel to sky sports subscribers, not a substitute for.
I guess we will have to wait and see what their game plan is as they must be paying a lot for the rights to show all this sport yet they are mostly showing it for free so very little cash coming in apart from the odd football nut willing to shell out £15 per month extra.
They are going to be showing to a small in comparison to the competition audience so little advertising money.
I'm betting on a tesco style try and wipe out the competition before hiking the prices right up and making everything a pay-per-view add on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:06 - 10 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saltire46 wrote:
BT Vision is going to be doing the Sports for free if you have your Broadband with them. So £23 roughly and you get Unlimited Fibre BB and the Sports for free, you don't have to take out any of the basic channel packages.

IT'S NOT FREE, YOU'RE PAYING FOR BROADBAND. How tricky is this concept to understand.

I briefly heard an extremely insufferable buffoon chattering his teeth last night on Radio 2 saying how this was the best thing to happen to British sport for years and sports fans should be really happy about this, as it's making Sky look expensive.

No, no and no. I've got used to 'paying' for my chosen sports by the same means as all the other telly I watch, through my license fee.

BT can suck my ballsack, I've had extremely shoddy service from them. When the product works, and you pay what you expected to pay, it's fine. When a bill comes and you question how they think they're increasing the amount you pay for calls by £2 per month, when you have ZERO calls on the bill for the last three months, and they tell you it's because you've used your phone more - then the trouble starts. Explaining simple mathematics to a disinterested call centre drone with a script so rigid they must all have guns pointed at them is completely pointless. Explaining this episode to a 'senior manager' has the same effect.
I can only imagine Saltire46's quality of life is just about to drop a few notches. GWS fella. Thumbs Up

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:19 - 10 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saltire46 wrote:

Sorry to sound like a salesman but I'm pretty taken aback by it.

Can you watch for free on their app?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 10 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:

Can you watch for free on their app?

Yes it's is completely 'free' to watch on their app.
That is if you're a BT broadband subscriber, if you don't want to pay for their broadband it's not free, which doesn't sound very free at all.

anthony_r6
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 10 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've been told, it's free to all BT Business Broadband customers. Residential and Business. If you don't want BT Broadband then it's £12 a month.

Channel availability depends on what your using with your TV, but everything is accessible via the website/App.

Sky and Freesat can have it, but you buy the subscription directly from BT.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:47 - 10 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best thing for me to do is write them a letter and call them all cunts.

daesimps
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:01 - 10 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnPhonEh wrote:
From what I've been told, it's free to all BT Business Broadband customers. Residential and Business. If you don't want BT Broadband then it's £12 a month.

Definitely not. Spent a fair while on the phone to them today (both the business and consumer departments). You can't have it for free if you're on a business product. Only options they offered were to pay for it, or get an extra phone line in with BT Broadband and then I could have it for free on that line. Not really free though when you price up the line rental and BB charges but the monkeys on the phone couldn't understand that Shocked

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:07 - 10 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with BT broadband as no one else has cables down in my area, I pay £40 for a phone line I don't use (you have to have a phone line with BT broadband, or so I was told Rolling Eyes). My internet is also about 1MB download if I'm lucky due to the distance to junction box and exchange even though I'm paying for 5 or 10MB.

My BT Internet is so slow it struggles to load youtube videos at 360p.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 10 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
I'm with BT broadband as no one else has cables down in my area, I pay £40 for a phone line I don't use (you have to have a phone line with BT broadband, or so I was told Rolling Eyes). My internet is also about 1MB download if I'm lucky due to the distance to junction box and exchange even though I'm paying for 5 or 10MB.

You can sign my letter too if you like.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:11 - 10 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:

You can sign my letter too if you like.

For sure. Cool

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 10 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/282626/howBT.png

Helpful maybe but it just confirms no moto gp for me next year Sad

Just to note it would have cost you zero apart from your Tv licence rip off to watch every Moto GP and F1 race a couple of years ago.
Next year it will cost £21.50 per month for sky entertainment and another £20 per month for the sports/F1 package. Not sure if it's still included with the HD package as this is a little cheaper.

Plus £12 per month for BT sport to watch the moto GP, unless you pay them a load more for their shoddy broadband and phone package.

So that make it £642 to watch all the races next year, bargain!

Bofh5
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 10 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway to find out if your exchange will ever be updated ?
I would phone BT but i have to watch my blood pressure these days.

I'm paying more now for a laughable 8 Meg connection than when i was on 50 Meg virgin cable.

Bikes: Honda 50 / CB125-TDC / 93 CBR600 F2 (Stolen & Trashed) / 2001 SP-1 (Sold) / 95 CBR600 F3

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:47 - 10 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2P1fqbhnQqU/R8-Iam9FszI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/RA8yUbthUJM/s320/Internet+Service+Providings.JPG
Don't phone, it's just for fun.

anthony_r6
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bofh5 wrote:
Is there anyway to find out if your exchange will ever be updated ?
I would phone BT but i have to watch my blood pressure these days.

I'm paying more now for a laughable 8 Meg connection than when i was on 50 Meg virgin cable.

https://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

Try this. It tells you what services are available in your area and might give you a date on the FTTC tab if it's planned in the next twelve months.

anthony_r6
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

daesimps wrote:
AnPhonEh wrote:

Definitely not. Spent a fair while on the phone to them today (both the business and consumer departments). You can't have it for free if you're on a business product. Only options they offered were to pay for it, or get an extra phone line in with BT Broadband and then I could have it for free on that line. Not really free though when you price up the line rental and BB charges but the monkeys on the phone couldn't understand that Shocked

It works out free if you already have broadband and a phone line with them. It's an incentive to keep people with BT. Also, from the information I've been given the sports stuff is free to Business customers if you have >12months on your contract for Broadband. If you don't, then you have the option of resigning, or paying £12 a month for it.

daesimps
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:27 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnPhonEh wrote:
Also, from the information I've been given the sports stuff is free to Business customers if you have >12months on your contract for Broadband. If you don't, then you have the option of resigning, or paying £12 a month for it.

I've spoken to them a number of times and different departments. They confirmed that it is absolutely not available to business users for free in any way, even if you do have BB and phone with them. You can sign a contract for it in business premises, for example if you own a pub/bar, but it requires payment. They confirmed that there is no way that someone who has a business contract can get access for free in any way whatsoever. If I want access I would have to pay the £12 per month as though I didn't have BT Broadband.

Can you confirm where you got your information about business users as BT are absolutely adamant that your information is incorrect? I have 18 months on my contract by the way. They said the bit about re-signing or having more than 12 months remaining is with regards to the consumer products and nothing to do with business users at all.

I know that it's free for consumers if you already have broadband and a phone line with them. That was my entire point. They were trying to tell me that I could have it for free if I put in an additional line with broadband but that isn't exactly free for me now is it, given that it requires me to pay more money than I currently do since I would have to pay for my current line and BB as well as the new consumer line and BB products.

There is no real provision for consumer users that have a business product, which I have since some of the services I require don't exist on consumer products. All their business propositions for access are designed for true businesses and require payment since they are designed for clubs, pubs, bars and other "public exhibition" type premises.

Saltire
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:49 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:

Ya, line rental is the true jip, they keep that quiet in their sales bullshit Wink
unlimited, shitty speed, no virgin in our area or fibre optic exchange, not till later this year apparently

Wait 'til I learn more and I'll try and see why your paying that much, can't really speak my mind on this for obvious reasons Shifty

MotoGP Fan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:04 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: UK TV petition Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I'm a life long biker and life long bike racing fan. I'm as cheesed of as anyone in the UK about the new MotoGP TV deal. Here's a link to a new (and hopefully successful) online petition about the issue. Take a look please;

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tv-coverage-of-motogp-in-the-uk/

If you like it then please share as much as you possibly can, thanks :O)

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 17:37 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
Free if you have BT Broadband. £15 p/m if you don't.

Wankers. Utter wankers.

This ^^^ tenfold. I'm pissed too. Thumbs Down

Rowey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 12 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

<hetzer> Scum, sub-human, money grabbing, fan hating, scum </hetzer>

I wont be paying so I guess I wont be watching next year.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 345 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4