Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Moto GP to be shown on BT vision from 2014

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

fozzym
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:25 - 13 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what all the fuss is about, everyone knows you don't get anything for free these days.

My problem is with "having" to pay the licence fee. With the technology of today, the BBC could easily be scrambled if you didn't want to pay.

I'm quite happy to pay for sky and have just moved my broadband to BT so I'll get the sports included.

I'm all about having the choice so to me the bad guy is the BBC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bEN_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 13 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how the new format will work?

i'm guessing they'll use a load of has beens to talk bollocks for hours before every session, just as long as it isn't that ginger cunt from eurosport or cox.
i don't think motogp is exciting enough at the moment to warrant more in depth coverage though, they should make it 2 races like superbikes.

Lamp Post Enthusiast

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 13 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is that ginger cunt I'll shit in the letter before I send it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 13 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BT website makes these claims that all of their broadband customers will get the new BT sport channel for free, but unless you pay for BT's tv service or already have sky you have no way of viewing the channel so all you actually get is a login to watch it online. If the sport channel was available as a subscription option on freeview it might make me consider it but £12 a month to watch a computer stream is ridiculous.

bEN_ wrote:
i don't think motogp is exciting enough at the moment to warrant more in depth coverage though, they should make it 2 races like superbikes.

Their big pitch seems to be that they are going to show more free practice, qualifying as well as a moto gp extra style program with interviews ect and more race build up.
All of which nobody wants to watch, who is going to sit there and watch free practice every week Confused

They could actually make a pretty good team if they picked the best of the Eurosport and BBC team. I'm just waiting for the exciting news that they've managed to sign Tony Carter from Eurosport to front the presenting team. Smile

Anyway WSBK Monza was ace last weekend, what is this moto GP you guys speak of, is it a Spanish championship? Smile

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:14 - 14 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al wrote:
The BT website makes these claims that all of their broadband customers will get the new BT sport channel for free, but unless you pay for BT's tv service or already have sky you have no way of viewing the channel so all you actually get is a login to watch it online. If the sport channel was available as a subscription option on freeview it might make me consider it but £12 a month to watch a computer stream is ridiculous.

bEN_ wrote:

Their big pitch seems to be that they are going to show more free practice, qualifying as well as a moto gp extra style program with interviews ect and more race build up.
All of which nobody wants to watch, who is going to sit there and watch free practice every week Confused

They could actually make a pretty good team if they picked the best of the Eurosport and BBC team. I'm just waiting for the exciting news that they've managed to sign Tony Carter from Eurosport to front the presenting team. Smile

Anyway WSBK Monza was ace last weekend, what is this moto GP you guys speak of, is it a Spanish championship? Smile

Exactly! Did you see the WSS madness? Even Moto2 doesn't have FOUR restarts Cool

Joncrete Cungle
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:50 - 14 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feck Bee Tea,feck Sky and feck Dorna! Live streaming it is in 2014, we can even have a BCF comp to find the best live streams. Wink Laughing

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:30 - 14 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joncrete Cungle wrote:
Feck Bee Tea,feck Sky and feck Dorna! Live streaming it is in 2014, we can even have a BCF comp to find the best live streams. Wink Laughing

Livejasmine.com

Thumbs Up

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 14 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slacker24seven wrote:

Exactly! Did you see the WSS madness? Even Moto2 doesn't have FOUR restarts Cool

Thumbs Up Laughing Was crazy!
Lowes was first to forth to first within about two corners, great racing.
It's a pretty packed grid now as well, probably why there was so many red flags. Laughing

Saltire
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:10 - 15 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't get a log in to watch it online, if you have sky you give BT your viewing card number and when the BT Sport channel goes active you can watch it on your Sky box, providing you have BT Internet. If you don't have BT nets then your gonna need to pay for BT sport like any other 'a la carte' channel (i.e. ESPN).

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 15 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is basically what I said you need to pay for sky as well as paying for BT broadband to receive the channel for 'free'.

The difference with ESPN is that you don't need sky as you can subscribe directly and they don't advertise it as being free.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:22 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right.

So, you need Sky AND BT for this to be 'FREE'?

Fcuk me the country has gone to the dogs when people can't see through this bullshit. Twat mouthbreathing retarded vegetables who thrive on Oprah and Jeremy Kyle are one thing, but the people who sell this kind of 'FREE' offer should be ashamed that their species has resolved to flat out lying about stuff.

Not amused, BT and Sky can each suck one of my balls. For 2 minutes. And I'll charge pay per view. Middle Finger

bEN_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just have to be alot more savvy when it comes to things like tv, phones and broadband nowdays, it's not surprising they are trying to trick us here and there because we have/had the upper hand on things like comparison sites and stuff so because of this they make their 'deals' alot more complex.

just my opinion anyway

Lamp Post Enthusiast

Saltire
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:10 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
Right.

So, you need Sky AND BT for this to be 'FREE'?

Fcuk me the country has gone to the dogs when people can't see through this bullshit. Twat mouthbreathing retarded vegetables who thrive on Oprah and Jeremy Kyle are one thing, but the people who sell this kind of 'FREE' offer should be ashamed that their species has resolved to flat out lying about stuff.

Not amused, BT and Sky can each suck one of my balls. For 2 minutes. And I'll charge pay per view. Middle Finger

No. You need BT internet for it to be free. Got BT internet? Then BT Sports will be available to you free of charge, either on BT vision or if you have Sky just give BT your viewing card number and you will get it on your sky box as an extra channel like ESPN is (until ESPN transfers over to BT and Sky can't get it anymore Wink ).

'That's not free' - yes it is, it wouldn't be free if you where getting charged for Sports as well as BB.

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saltire46 wrote:

No. You need BT internet for it to be free. Got BT internet? Then BT Sports will be available to you free of charge, either on BT vision or if you have Sky just give BT your viewing card number and you will get it on your sky box as an extra channel like ESPN is (until ESPN transfers over to BT and Sky can't get it anymore Wink ).

'That's not free' - yes it is, it wouldn't be free if you where getting charged for Sports as well as BB.

This is hard work I can tell you work for BT Confused

You get the channel if you have BT broadband or pay £12 per month and then you need sky or BT vision to view it on if you wish to watch on a TV (it's not free).

Saltire
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:42 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are paying for bt broadband and getting sports, but are only paying the standard price for broadband, then what does that make sports if it isn't free? If you aren't paying for a package that is chargeable but are still getting it, you are getting it free.

You are referring to needing to have a box if you want to watch it on tv? Well duh. It's free, conditionally (that you have broadband with BT) yes, but still free.

Not trying to stick up for bt cause i work for them, i like them no more than you do.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

It

Is

Not

Free
Saltire This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Brick_Top
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:31 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a quick look at changing my provider to BT for the MotoGP from next year

It looks like a BT infinity package, with phoneline, eve and w/e calls, BT Vision with all the extras and 40GB a month bandwidth will work out cheaper in the long run than my Virgin package.

Also you can get Eurosport on BT Vision with the larger TV package which was a big concern of mine for switching, although only in standard definition.

I would much prefer Eurosport to have won the bid obviously from a cost /hassle point of view.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

LordShaftesbu...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 18 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently watching them all here:

https://endoto.5gbfree.com/

AL-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:39 - 09 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

So has anyone found a good live stream now the BT sport channels are live? Cool

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:03 - 09 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really mind personally. I don't have Eurosport or Sky, so for any form of racing that isn't on BBC I just find a stream.

I just checked though, and the whole BT package comes in at 15 quid a month more than what I pay for internet (plus phone etc) and apparently the speeds down here are good. Still wouldn't get F1HD mind, but it's not too bad.
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

lihp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 09 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is that we have BT Internet, and a Sky box with card, however no sky subscription.

We cancelled Sky, and just use it for the freeview channels.

Can we still get BT Sport through the sky box, even without the sky subscription?

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 12:50 - 15 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

BT Sport channels free to Virgin XL customers Dance!

Hyaon
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:29 - 15 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

And XL costs?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 15 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^£15 a month is mentioned on their site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 253 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4