Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suggestion: Bike Blog

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  

badlydamaged
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:10 - 21 Jun 2004    Post subject: Suggestion: Bike Blog Reply with quote

Hey There,

I'm still relatively new to the forum and I have no idea if this has possibly been mentioned, or even tried before (had a quick look around), but It struck me as an interesting idea that could be easily implemented.

Basically I was thinking about how much people on this fourm like to write about their bikes and express their opinions on them, so how about creating a new Forum where everyone who is interested in participating has their own thread, and in this Thread they would write about their bikes in a sort of diary form. For example you could write about trip youve made on your bike, work youve just carried out on your bike, say how you feel about any aftermarket parts your bike has, express opinions on reliabilty or just comment on how you feel towards your bike at that particular time. You could update it as much or as little as you like, and of course as its a forum people could reply with comments relating to that piece of writing. Obviously it would have to have rules to keep posts on topic to that particular thread but I cant see any reason why this wouldn't work.

I was thinking one thread only for each writer, and the Thread title would be: "Username: Bike 1, Bike 2, Bike 3" with the bikes being the bikes owned and written about in that thread. Due to the way a forum works recently updated threads would be at the front, and any redundent blogs would fall to the bottom. When bikes are replaced, or new bikes added the writer can modify the thread title to reflect this. Other peoples replys to these threads would have to be on topic to make the idea work properly, but with the post rating feature any posts that are off topic and not needed could be rated off topic by whoever feels this.

People do like to write and read about other peoples bikes, review sites and mags like The Used Motorcycle Guide prove this, although I was thinking that this should be more a diary sort of feature than review. Pictures could be included of the bikes, work carried out as well, but obviously it wouldn't be another photos thread.

It would keep people who are interested up to date with each others bikes and I feel it would add to the great sense of community this forum has.

So guys, do any of you think this may be a good idea? Or do you think it wouldn't work or is a stupid idea? I'll look forward to reading any possbile comments (or flames) on this idea.

Thank you for reading this rather long post Thumbs Up

Cheers, Jonathan Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:02 - 22 Jun 2004    Post subject: Re: Suggestion: Bike Blog Reply with quote

How about doing it in the 'bio' section of your profile?

You could have a link in your thread or similar so people know where it is.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 283 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1