Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Plenty of Fish?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
unitynotsocri... This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've met quite a few decent girls from there, had a couple of long(ish) relationships too. I didn't bother going back on there when I broke up with my ex as I just didn't feel like going through the whole dating thing again, but I met someone at work so all is good!

The website won't work miracles though, you still need to be a decent guy if you want to attract the decent girls! Not that I know what you're like, I'm just making a general statement.

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 02:40 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met my current GF on Badoo, which is similar. We have just moved in together too, after a year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:27 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:
you still need to be a decent guy.

Fuck that then.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Cupid

Its not so well known and therefore doesnt seem to have all the trash on that POF does.

& FREE
unitynotsocri... This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

unitynotsocrippledatmo wrote:
I had a freaky date , nice person though .
Been on POF a few months ands its a bit bizzare . Loads of em want dvds , pub food and walking dogs ,

On my date , i dated this person ,then next day realised I knew her from 9 years ago when building ,on her house . What was scary was I realised that I did'nt remember her because of memory/head injury , not because I'm an inattentive spanner or on drugs and drink or any medication ( she did'nt remember me because of wieght loss and facial speech differences). I did 'nt realise I was so vunerable because my brain seems so much smarter than after my crash 3 years ago .Suppose i'm lucky not to have beeen kidnapped and used in some lezzy breeding farm , or even worse , like a partner who's intellect rises to puzzlebooks and the latest B and Q offers , an great interest in saturated fats , and all the soaps ,who does'nt know where /what the commonwealth is .

I get the distinct impression that the ladies who veiw me really want me to be some dumped divorcee , ex wifebeater , with car and job and a lover of ' fun'.....but i dont try very hard to find princess lucky as I'm beginning to appreciate my time more , and ...women can catch babies , sleeping with men .

Is it etiquette on a dating site to say ' normal hairy armpits ok, no social workers , nhs mental health or midwive staff , civil servants ,traffic wardens , kareoke and pigs,'???

I'd love to join a dating site ...as a man and be able to see what the women have to put up with , a lot of women complain about pervy picks . In the womens profiles you read ' and dont send me pictures of nobs'......fkng unbeleivable really .......except on BCF with knobkat of course but thats normal .

I literally have no idea what your going on about. Confused

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:03 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate of mine used POF while we were out in Canada. It got him laid every week. There seems to be a lot of single mother on those sites and also some crazy people.

Not so much a dating site, id say it's more of a sex hook up site.

eHarmony seems to be a good'un. My sister met her now husband on there and they are expecting their 2nd child.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

unitynotsocrippledatmo wrote:
Suppose i'm lucky not to have beeen kidnapped and used in some lezzy breeding farm

Yeah man you really dodged a bullet there.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissEd wrote:
OK Cupid

Its not so well known and therefore doesnt seem to have all the trash on that POF does.

& FREE

I found that place full of too many weird chicks stuck up their own asses who never actually wanted to date.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:38 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried plenty of fatties and I'd use it again, I'd like to think I'm a pro at spotting the chunkers from face shots now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:
MissEd wrote:
OK Cupid

& FREE

I found that place full of too many weird chicks stuck up their own asses who never actually wanted to date.

+1

match.com, met a few odd ones, but then a nice one who I'm now married to. Thumbs Up

-LG-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three dates from POF, two real fuck ups, and one that wasn't too bad.

First, loads in common, similar age, lived 50ish miles away though. Met in her town (she didn't drive) and drove the the coast (bloody annoying as I live 5 minutes away, she lived over a hour away!).

Went for a walk, all great until 'would you want any kids with me?'

Now, if she had said 'do you want any kids?', completely different, however, I had just met her. I made some crap up about needing to get home to babysit, dropped her off and drove home. Texted a few days after, but then cut all contact.

Second, christ, closer to home, parents were away, I wanted a shag. Her photo appeared OK, only really a head shot though (first mistake). Met her outside of her work, it was early evening (around 7.30), I had been up since 4.30am, had a busy day at work, and just wanted to go back to bed. But drove over. Two people outside, one from what I could see was very cute, the other, well, the less said the better, however, she was the one that walked over to my car and got in.

Her left leg looked like it weighed more than me (not easy at 17+ stone at the time!).

We drove around a bit, took her to the beech, hoping no one from work would see me, she decided that she wanted to go for a drive to the New Forest, least the roads were fun to drive down, until 'please slow down', I wasn't evening driving at the speed limit!

Started heading back, and she made the suggestion that I should come back to hers to watch a film. Now, my standards are low, but christ not that low, I made my excuses again, dropped her off (avoiding her trying to kiss me, urg!) and left, via Tesco to get an air freshener...I forgot to mention, she stank of smoke and BO, AND started smoking in my car!

I got a text from her later that evening asking if I was interested in her...I didn't reply.

Third, again loads in common (bit scary really), she seemed more grown up than the others, she had a kid (doesn't bother me). We tried to meet up a few times, but for whatever reason it didn't happen (roads flooded, her child was in hospital). Finally met on New Years Eve, she was a hour and a bit late (luckily I live 20 minutes away, so just drove home until she said she was near).

Went for a Costa and just chatted for four hours, had a walk around the town, until it started raining (she had also bought her daughter, which I wasn't expecting, but wasn't too bad!).

Agreed to met up again, once we were both free. Met up not long later, and went to a sea life park, great fun again, talked for hours after, if I'm honest I really felt something for her.

Then she started going weird, no contact for days, tried to set up the third date, but she cancelled saying she was helping her best friend move house. I then saw on Facebook (fucking thing) that she was with someone else, who I know wasn't her best friend, and they weren't moving house.

Whenever he wasn't interesting, she came back to me, then when he wanted her, she went running.

Its bloody hard not to pick up the phone and call her, but I'm just getting fucked about with her, so trying to ignore her as much as possible.

I've now deleted my profile of POF, if I find someone, great, if not, I'll keep wanking.

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:

Maybe some women like to be very picky about who they meet, which I think is a really good thing with internet dating. Shows they are not just out for a free meal or a shag.

Also if like me, they have kids at home, you can't just whip out for a date as and when. I'd have to book a babysitter, sou would need to think its worth the hassel.

My view is that if the man has the pateince and will spend a little time communicating then they are worth it.... ie not just someone out for a quick thrill.

Then I only want the real deal.

So, whats the view on picturless profiles?

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture-less profile = chunk.

The whole thing seems backwards to me anyway. You can spend three weeks exchanging messages and not get on in real life, big waste of time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
Picture-less profile = chunk.

I used to think there was a reason like that behind no photo. Until I responded to a photoless message..... I was totally proven wrong.

Fwwhoooooor

I think some people use it for anonymity . . . work?

There is no standard, you can't know what to expect.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:58 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissEd wrote:
I think some people use it for anonymity . . . work?

Cheaters. No one knows who they are Rolling Eyes

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:59 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:

Not so much a dating site, id say it's more of a sex hook up site.

Not any more, Markus decided one day to remove the intimate encounter as well as the accounts of anyone who had that set as their 'objective'.

Don't bother with Ashley Madison either, from what I can see it's either cougars or skanks looking for sugardaddies.

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

That too!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:07 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissEd wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

That too!

Personally... anyone who tries to hide any aspect from anyone they care about, even in the slightest would be considered a cheater. But that could be cynical old me who gets accused and turns paranoid Laughing

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you don't care about someone you have not yet met.

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, take it form another angle....

Those that respond to a photoless message are probably less superficial than those that don't!

Prehaps its a weening process.

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ex girlfriend who I broke up with about a month ago, I met on pof. She messaged me first, and had no profile picture. Straight away I said to her that I don't like people without profile pictures as they're usually trying to hide something

Turns out she was a beautiful girl but had got lots of disgusting messages from guys, so wanted to be able to browse without getting all that crap.

If you've met lots of chunksters or head cases from there, then you need to improve your online dating skills! Talk with them long enough to get an idea of what they're like first. I haven't had a single crazy date at all, and I've been on a fair few!

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissEd wrote:
Also, take it form another angle....

Those that respond to a photoless message are probably less superficial than those that don't!

Prehaps its a weening process.

It's so much different from a male perspective to that of a female.

Girls I have spoken to that have used internet dating get bombarded with messages. They'll pick and choose the cream of the crop, then decide which ones they'll let finger blast them.

Blokes outnumber women on most dating sites by 10:1 or more at a guess. Why would a girl even bother responding to one without a profile picture, given all the others that evidently want to sniff their quim?

Everyone on a dating site is superficial. It's probably why I don't attribute much success to them - I'm probably not attractive enough for them to even bother reading whatever I have sent them, I also have a sense of humour that you either really 'get' or want to report me to the police. That probably doesn't help.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 251 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138  Next
Page 1 of 138