Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Plenty of Fish?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 136, 137, 138  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 24 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, show us your profile so we can critique it...

Honestly, not an awful lot you can do. You're going to get cock pics and rude messages whether you like it or not. You can explicitly state in your profile you are NOT looking for 'fun' and don't appreciate those sorts of messages, but many guys just spam out cock pictures in some weird hope that a woman may actually be massively turned on by this and invite them round.

I guess you've just got to stick at it and hope an amazing guy like me messages you. Or, maybe send some guys messages first. Instead of sitting back thinking 'why aren't the nice guys messaging me?!' like 99.9% of women on dating sites do, go find them yourself!

SlimFast
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:46 - 24 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:
Yes, show us your profile so we can critique it...

Honestly, not an awful lot you can do. You're going to get cock pics and rude messages whether you like it or not. You can explicitly state in your profile you are NOT looking for 'fun' and don't appreciate those sorts of messages, but many guys just spam out cock pictures in some weird hope that a woman may actually be massively turned on by this and invite them round.

I guess you've just got to stick at it and hope an amazing guy like me messages you. Or, maybe send some guys messages first. Instead of sitting back thinking 'why aren't the nice guys messaging me?!' like 99.9% of women on dating sites do, go find them yourself!

I've been on there just a couple of days.. It's a shame that. I might go for plan B and put my photos in private and share them only with guys I would like to go out....

I am that 0.1% that message first. I go for things I want and definitely not the one that waits Very Happy

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:35 - 29 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out with pretty girl again. Mad snoggage every chance we got as we walked along the lakeshore. Blisteringly hot sun outside, we're both fair skinned, so after a quick beer in a patio bar we decided to head back. After another clinch in a secluded, shady spot we opted to quicken our pace back to her place.

Another 12 hours of nekkid bliss.
"Are you going to stay the night?"

Yes.

"I'm up super early."

I don't mind.

Her alarm goes off at 5, she goes in the shower and then straight into the kitchen to make us bacon and tomato omelettes.

Wub

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 29 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just met a girl the old fashioned way, at a club on a night out. She was a friend of my friends, so not a totally random hook up. Going for a drink/date on thursday. Thumbs Up .

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:40 - 29 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pins wrote:
Just met a girl the old fashioned way, at a club on a night out. She was a friend of my friends, so not a totally random hook up. Going for a drink/date on thursday. Thumbs Up .

Wrong thread.

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:15 - 30 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:
Great, so my second date is planned, she loved the bowling idea, probably get some food after. But now I'm started to worry about the whole dating etiquette, kiss on the cheek when greeting? Kiss goodnight! I want her to know I like her and don't just want to be friendzoned, but I'm always worried about going too far too soon.

Dick in the anus upon meeting.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 30 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using this thing called Wechat here in China. It's a messaging app like whatsapp but has a few more features. Bonny mentioned it on here before he decided to stop using this website on his full immersion Chinese language study mission where he's trying avoid English altogether.

Wechat has this 'people nearby' feature which basically shows you the first 20 or so people who've used the 'people nearby' button sometime recently. If you like the look of someone in the list you can press the 'send greeting' button and then if you're lucky the they'll get back to you. Apparently it's quite a common hook-up method among the Chinese.

I've had a couple of adds and got chatting with some people. In general though I still feel like I've always felt about these sorts of things - it's fun when they reply, but hardly feels like it could go anywhere. Also I never know if the 'I'll help you learn English if you help me learn Chinese' tactic is seen as a genuine invite to be study partners, or is known as a blatant effort to get something more than just a language exchange. I do find it funny how all the real 'study partners' on campus are guy+girl connections. It seems more like hook-up efforts to me, but I don't know enough about Chinese culture yet to understand how the locals see it.

Also. China has given me extreme yellow fever. I've decided it's because even ugly or old people are in incredibly good shape. Or maybe I'm just another weird fetishistic westerner getting excited by all the 'new things' around me. Laughing

slowlydoesit
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:16 - 30 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Also. China has given me extreme yellow fever. I've decided it's because even ugly or old people are in incredibly good shape. Or maybe I'm just another weird fetishistic westerner getting excited by all the 'new things' around me.

No, you're just an example of the fact that - whatever fat apologists say - it's normal and right for men to be attracted to slim and healthy females. If UK/US/Aus/NZ women were as slender as they tended to be 40 years ago the gap between them and women in China or Japan wouldn't be as obvious. But they're not, and it is. There are alternatives to Anglo land whales.

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 30 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole "I'm a busy woman with my own independent life and my schedule is full!" crap is really frustrating sometimes.

Apart from the first meeting and then first official date (Monday then Thursday), I've only seen the pretty girl once a week. Fair enough, you need time in between, you aren't sure if you want to commit a lot of time yet, you need time to come up with ideas and dates and have things to talk about since you last met.

Then things get physical, then you're spending the night, having dinner and breakfast, the mis-named walk of shame is now done together. It's not a one-off either.

So we're snuggled up on Sunday night, and she tells me her test is tomorrow, the one she's been taking extra classes for. I ask if this means she'll have more nights free afterwards. She says maybe, until the build up to the next one anyway. I say because it kinda sucks only being able to see you once a week. She says I'm a busy person, and then adds she wouldn't have it any other way.

Today is the day after her test, so I text to ask how she did, and she says she passed. We talk about it for a bit, then I say it calls for a celebration, let's do something on Saturday.

No, she says, I have plans for pretty much the whole weekend, maybe next week. When I ask when next week, she says let's talk Tuesday (a week from now) and figure it out.

The stupid little doubting voice in me can't really make much noise right now given how things have gone thus far so isn't much of a factor here. Instead, I'm frustrated that someone I like and who seems to like me doesn't seem to have much time for us to get together - and if things continue to develop and become serious, will this become a big problem? For now, I'll see how it goes: I need my space too and have things to go and do as well; I also like having stuff set up ahead of time so I have something to look forward to. So far this is just how she's been - busy, doesn't text much, but always makes good on meeting up and we pick up where we left off. Maybe I just need to shut up and get used to it.

(plus I figured we needed some JFK-esque "feels")

slowlydoesit
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:56 - 30 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalangel wrote:
I say because it kinda sucks only being able to see you once a week. She says I'm a busy person, and then adds she wouldn't have it any other way.

Don't be too eager/needy mate, you'll screw it all up. Play it her way, see her once a week and start dating other girls.

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 30 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know, that's good advice. I'm not going to text her until next week.

You can't win anyway: remember that one (the crap in bed one) from the spring? She was really into me and even drunkenly admitted it and soberly confirmed it was true, so when I wasn't sure about my interest I decided to let her do all the legwork to see just how much: and I never heard from her again.

As for dating someone else, I don't know. I almost had another date a few weeks ago but work was screwing me up and the other girl suggested a rain check. Then I spent the night with the pretty girl, then had another shit week at work followed by a friend from Cardiff visiting, which leads to this weekend just gone, so I think that trail's gone cold since it's been two weeks. I have, however, noticed that the pretty girl hasn't checked Tinder (where I found her) for two weeks and barely ever goes on OKC so I think either she really is too busy to be dating or her dance card is full.

finniee
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:18 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been talking to a lass for a couple of days now. Totally random subjects, she asked me "So.. do you ever see yourself getting married or having kids??.", I've thought about this question quite a fair bit over the last year or so as most of my mates have either gotten engaged or had kids. I didn't know what to say really as I do not want kids nor do I want to be married, so the only thing I could say (typed) was "Right now, I could not really see myself having kids nor being married as I don't feel mature enough nor old enough to look after another living thing that is totally dependable on me".

That was 5 days ago, still waiting on a response.Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:23 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, probably not the best answer there. How old are you?

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:15 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

finniee wrote:
"Right now, I could not really see myself having kids nor being married as I don't feel mature enough nor old enough to look after another living thing that is totally dependable on me".

It's a detailed honest answer. You could just as easily have said "Not right now" or "No" and she'd still have vanished.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:02 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowlydoesit wrote:

No, you're just an example of the fact that - whatever fat apologists say - it's normal and right for men to be attracted to slim and healthy females. If UK/US/Aus/NZ women were as slender as they tended to be 40 years ago the gap between them and women in China or Japan wouldn't be as obvious. But they're not, and it is. There are alternatives to Anglo land whales.

Sounds about right to be honest. There are barely any podgy 'muffin top' types here, and even slightly older women are in shape. I do wonder about the common excuse people use about age catching up to them so they can claim it's become more difficult to lose weight.

slowlydoesit
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 08:03 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I do wonder about the common excuse people use about age catching up to them so they can claim it's become more difficult to lose weight.

I use that excuse all the time Thumbs Up It's a bit difficult for a 22 year old girl to use it credibly though isn't it.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowlydoesit wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:
I do wonder about the common excuse people use about age catching up to them so they can claim it's become more difficult to lose weight.

I use that excuse all the time Thumbs Up It's a bit difficult for a 22 year old girl to use it credibly though isn't it.

Of course, but I mean plenty of older people here are in perfectly good shape too!

finniee
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:53 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:

Only 21. Still a pup in some peoples eyes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

finniee wrote:
Tungtvann wrote:

Only 21. Still a pup in some peoples eyes.

Yeah, wtf is someone asking you about marriage and kids for?! You'd be a mug to be like 'yeah, I'm ready for that now!' I thought you might be nearer 30! I'm almost 30 and I still can't picture that, haha! Lucky escape if you ask me!

Date number 3 tonight for me. I like her, she likes me, so far so good.

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowlydoesit wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

https://www.girlsaskguys.com/dating/q1162691-would-you-date-a-girl-with-a-body-like-this

Most of the guys saying "ah hell naw", all the girls bleating the usual "oh, you're beautiful as you are, but you deserve a guy with a six pack and a mansion". Rolling Eyes

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 16:29 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalangel wrote:
I'm frustrated that someone I like and who seems to like me doesn't seem to have much time for us to get together - and if things continue to develop and become serious, will this become a big problem?

You've only just started out seeing this woman... Shocked
Stop over-thinking things. Calm the heck down, enjoy her company when you get it. You can think about the future, in the future...

Single people who are happy being single...until 'someone' comes along are likely to be busy, it will take her time to wind down her social life...thus giving you more of her time.

Don't say anything to her at this stage, or you'll come over too needy and desperate.

Remember, when you get into a relationship with someone, it's good to have your own social stuff too, don't expect to become joined at the hip at all times...it's just not natural!

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:32 - 02 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third date complete, went really well. I was dropping her off at hers, being my usual awkward self about the whole giving her a kiss idea, good thing she's a bit more forward than I am and dropped a hint that it would be a good idea. It was.

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:45 - 02 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:
Third date complete, went really well. I was dropping her off at hers, being my usual awkward self about the whole giving her a kiss idea, good thing she's a bit more forward than I am and dropped a hint that it would be a good idea. It was.

Thumbs Up

Nice one. Now you know on your next date to fucking go for it.

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:29 - 02 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I know where I stand, I'm fine with that sort of thing. I was wrong about a girl once, felt like I was 'led on' and didn't want to make that mistake again. Not that I thought there was any chance of that, going for several dates with a girl who states that she 'wants a relationship' makes it a bit easier than going out with a few times with a girl from work who doesn't see all that '1 to 1' time as being anything remotely like dating or romantic.

As long as I never meet a girl from online dating who just wants to be friends, that would fuck the whole system up!

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 02 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

This girl seems like she'd be a good match for me... but dear god list after list after list, and her carefully structured date plan/expectations at the end?

https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=59125515
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 208 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 136, 137, 138  Next
Page 117 of 138