Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Plenty of Fish?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 136, 137, 138  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:39 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good effort, hope it continues to go well!

https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=85417101

This girl should have stopped writing after the 3rd line. Sounds like she has a chip on her shoulder, and she's not particularly special herself.

monkeybiker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:04 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:
Good effort, hope it continues to go well!

This girl should have stopped writing after the 3rd line. Sounds like she has a chip on her shoulder, and she's not particularly special herself.

what a bitch Shocked

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that’s a lot of anger and baggage. Does she realize that it’ll just push away the good, decent (and white) guys she’s trying to attract, and leave her with nothing but the douchebags and other undesirables who just don’t give a toss?

Meanwhile, girl has sent me a text saying she’s trying to come up with a plan for Friday. It turns out she needs one because she needs to be in a certain neighbourhood at 8pm.

Ah. She has other plans and so we get maybe two hours together before she goes off to do something else. Waaaaaaaaaay back, 18 months ago almost, you might recall I went out with a girl and exactly the same thing happened.
-first date we went to a noisy bar/restaurant, drank too much, had a fun and deep conversation and lost track of time.
-second date we went to this same neighbourhood this new girl is now suggesting, likewise for a quick coffee date before she went off to do something else.
-old girl dropped off the radar shortly afterwards
-both of these girls are/were tall, athletic and intelligent

I’m trying and failing to avoid overthinking this. It’s only our second date, we don’t owe each other anything, but I don’t really like that I left my Friday evening free (before a long weekend) for her and am now playing second banana to another activity she finds more interesting. It’s ironic she complained about online daters being timewasters. Erm, likewise me being bitter and damaged here?

The little church-goer has stayed in touch and we’re going for coffee tomorrow. I’m not sure what to make of her yet but based on her messages her personality is as cute as her pictures.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:

Quote:
Longest Relationship Over 1 year

12 months and 1 day until he slit his wrists.

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalangel wrote:

It’s only our second date, we don’t owe each other anything, but I don’t really like that I left my Friday evening free (before a long weekend) for her and am now playing second banana to another activity she finds more interesting.

For a first date, it's a really wise move. A must I would say.

For a second date; maybe it is her way of avoiding drinking too much and getting in too deep too soon. Or, maybe she just has friends she needs to hook up with, so is doing a nice job of seeing you all.

Either way, she told you an advance, so make the most of it and sort your own 'other plans'.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 17:49 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalangel wrote:

It’s only our second date, we don’t owe each other anything, but I don’t really like that I left my Friday evening free (before a long weekend) for her and am now playing second banana to another activity she finds more interesting.

Always arrange a backup plan if you can or plans to drop in on after the date, more important for a first date because 8 times out of 10 they are not what you expected and so continuing with the date for any longer than is polite is just a waste of time. For a second date, you've already met so surely you already know if you like eachother enough to dedicate the entire evening so maybe it's not as normal to make other plans, if she gave you a week's notice I think that's fine, if you met and she then said she was off somewhere else in 2hrs i'd call that a lack of respect and it'd be game over.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
For a second date, you've already met so surely you already know if you like eachother enough to dedicate the entire evening so maybe it's not as normal to make other plans, if she gave you a week's notice I think that's fine, if you met and she then said she was off somewhere else in 2hrs i'd call that a lack of respect and it'd be game over.

That’s kinda why I’m worried, though – we were out for five hours and could probably have stayed longer. We know we have a good time together. The last girl I was seeing (back at the start of the fall) also had a very full schedule but still ensured she set enough time aside for the two of us amongst the rest of her social life, every time. The courtesy aside, it made me feel extra desirable since I knew how precious her free time was and she was willing to spend it with me.

I’ll just shush and let things take their course, I hope I’m wrong.

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:53 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it wasn't something important that she'd organised weeks before? Just maybe she really would like to see you and would rather a limited few hours than not at all?

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 20:10 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you don't want to over do it on the first few dates, you can leave the whole day/half day dates for further down the line. You want to leave the other one wanting more, if deliberately or not. Plus, if it goes really well when you next meet she may even postpone/cancel her other plans if she doesn't want to leave after just a couple of hours....but don't count on it.

Dating is all a game, some people play it innocently but they're unlikely to be the ones you end up dating. So be sure to make your own plans and make her aware of them on the night but also suggest that they are flexible (if you may want the date to continue) so don't say "oh yeah I also have to be at so and so by 8pm" that way she won't view you as a loser with no other options on a Friday night and if you do end up delaying your plans to prolong your date with her it makes you look good....even if your plans are entirely fictitious Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That strikes me as a bit of a gamble - she might be touched that you're willing to delay your existing plans for her, or see you as potentially unreliable since you'll bail on your friends for someone you just met.

First shot of Devil's Advocaat says, "yeah, well, don't lie MA, you'd be thrilled if she ditched her friends on Friday and spent the whole night with you."

The second shot says, "what if she does decide to ditch them and come along to your pretend event?"

She's just texted me with the place we're going, so that's that.

Coffee with Churchy tomorrow at 7pm. I really hope she wants food too, as to kill time after work I'm going to the gym so I'll be ravenous by the time we meet up.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 12:54 - 10 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalangel wrote:
The second shot says, "what if she does decide to ditch them and come along to your pretend event?"

Whoa whoa, you don't invite her along to wherever you're going, whether it's real or not! You'd take a 2nd date to meet your friends? Rookie move. Got to ask too, you said she has plans to be somewhere at 8pm, so she's meeting you at 7pm? That's barely time for a coffee, that's first date duration.

I would say clearing your slate entirely, or never having anything else on it anyway, for a date that has already been pitched as only an hour or two long makes you look a bit keen. There's always one person who has the upper hand or a bit more control, pulls the strings etc in dating and relationships (for the first few weeks/months) so make sure it's not her by making yourself too available and letting her control all the arrangements and timings. It works, it's sad but true, as said it's all a game but a lot of blokes are too scared to pull what they consider to be risky moves, that's why you have to learn to invest nothing in dates, they're not yours until way down the line, remember most girls will be dating others well past your first date so no matter how well you think date 2 or 3 went there's a good chance her date with Randy tomorrow will change her mind Wink

I speak from experience btw, especially with POF, I actually hate it in many ways, it gives women an unnatural choice which gives them a huge number of options and allows them to hedge all their bets with zero risk because the stream of guys chasing them is never ending. Before free online dating this just wasn't the case and in fact you are far better off meeting someone out and about because you are from a different "pool" to that online dating one and there's a slim chance they may not even use online dating in which case you have very little competition. POF is a game with strategies, all pretty simple but you just have to realise that.

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 10 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like hard work.

Last edited by J0Al1 on 16:37 - 10 Feb 2015; edited 1 time in total

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:35 - 10 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wG_sAdP0U

This was fairly interesting

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 10 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:

Whoa whoa, you don't invite her along to wherever you're going, whether it's real or not! You'd take a 2nd date to meet your friends? Rookie move. Got to ask too, you said she has plans to be somewhere at 8pm, so she's meeting you at 7pm? That's barely time for a coffee, that's first date duration.

No, we’re meeting at 5:30pm. That’s still first date territory though, two and a half hours?

I don’t have other plans for Friday because… generally speaking, I don’t anyway. I only recently moved back here, remember, so I only have a handful of friends at the moment, and the two friends that I had usually spent a lot of my weekends with have both had their own circumstances change so now they’re not available to get together and I haven’t made any new friends to fill that gap.

I’ve learned a lot of what you say in the last year and a bit, the post above was more of a vent than anything due to the number of similarities. Looking forward to hedging my bets tonight.

J0 is right, this shit is far more work than it needs to be.

Raksha
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:23 - 10 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc

for the love of the gods avoid ones like this.....
probably a nice lass but oh go issues there i think

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 10 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raksha wrote:

ARGGGH MY EARS! What's with the damn baby talk? that CANNOT be her natural speaking voice?
I made it to her bursting into tears talking about hugging cats a minute in, intolerable.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 10 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think it's an act.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 00:23 - 11 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalangel wrote:
I only recently moved back here, remember, so I only have a handful of friends at the moment

No idea pal, I don't know you from Adam, i've been absent from this forum for 4 years or so, just remarking on a post that I find amusing.

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 11 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without looking I know it's the "I love cats, I love every kind of cat, I just want to hug them all but I can't hug every cat" woman.

For the sake of your sanity don't watch the autotune music video version (and yes, it's fake)

Andy S
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 09:09 - 11 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time thread reader, first time poster.

Stop over thinking it!

Sounds like she wants to see you but had prior plans, but is making the effort to squeeze in seeing you too?

All the over thinking is dooming things before they even begin.
Just go with it!

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 11 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raksha wrote:

Yeah but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4NMoJcFd4
Now I want to marry her

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:07 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I went out on Thursday night with a girl, first date. She seems nice, we had a good time, conversation flowed etc. However, she's not a big into texting, and therefore hard to read. Am I supposed to just wait for her to message me and see if she wants to go on another date? What if she's thinking the same as me and waiting on my message? Should I wait a period of time before messaging?

I'm getting threaders with the dating thing at the moment, this last 12+ months has sucked, can't be bothered with all the game playing, the confusion, the messing around.

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:
Should I wait a period of time before messaging?

Do what you want to do. If it's received well then keep moving. If not then she isn't the girl for you.

The right person will have you the way you are and that includes how quickly you do or don't sent texts or initiate new convo Smile

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:23 - 15 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really does seem unfairly weighted in womens favour, and probably isn't helping the self-esteem of most men who use it.

And as said, not sure how healthy it is to have to put this much time and energy in to looking like you have lots of hobbies and energy.

Ho hum, 2015.

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:25 - 15 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coffee on Wednesday with church girl. She is very cute! After coffee we went for fish and chips in a posh (sit down) fish and chip place, and by the time we were done in there it was getting late so we parted ways. Conversation flowed well, she's very sweet like her messages have been. She's a little bit stuffy, I think, needs to loosen up a bit. Her list of don'ts and can'ts is a bit long, too: red meat, caffeine, alcohol, gluten...

Got her phone number, texted her the next day saying it was great meeting her, what was her schedule like for the long weekend and beyond? She replied saying she was free after 3pm on Monday, so we made tentative plans to go for a walk somewhere and enjoy the winter weather.

A day or two later she texts saying she feels she answered too soon, she usually needs more time to 'digest things' before making the next step, and will get in touch again after the weekend. I simply said I "I understand, enjoy the long weekend!" and have left the ball in her court.

Out last night with the other girl. Some ghastly hipsterish place inadequately heated to cope with the cold outside. Cheap beer and decent eats, and we chatter away like before. I notice it's after 8pm and she's still here. At 9:15pm she notices too and says she was supposed to be somewhere else an hour ago.

It turns out the 'somewhere else' was a Meetup group to play games, and we met here at the suggestion of one of her friends because the venue is only two blocks away. She asks if I want to come, and we wander over and see a worker's club hall filled with people playing board games. She's unsure if she's in the mood, so I pay the door charge (she's already paid) and in we go.

We spent the night until after 1am playing dominos and Scrabble with complete strangers. Great stuff! When we said goodbye no kiss because she has a cold, but she's just texted me 10 minutes ago saying she'll let me know about our next plan - a boardgame cafe that serves booze!

So I suppose I technically had a date on Valentine's?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 73 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 136, 137, 138  Next
Page 131 of 138