Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Plenty of Fish?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 25 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

So..... anyone still using online datey things?

After being royally fucked over by someone (who I met in real life), I'm now back on with Tinder. Getting tons of matches actually, I dunno if it's just become more popular in over the past year while I've not been using it, or maybe I'm just more attractive to women around Leeds instead of London (my profile picture has always been the same).

Anyway, I had my first ever real life Tinder experience, which I think is worth sharing.

Got a match with this girl who almost immediately messages me: "Hiiiii".

We chatted a bit, discovered what she was doing in Leeds, etc etc. Nothing particularly special. I wasn't gigantically keen on her anyway - she was one of those matches who you sort of have second thoughts about after further scrutinising/objectifying her photos.

She then asks if I'd like to meet up at some point in the week for a drink and a chat. Personally I thought it was too soon - I'd rather do a bit of messaging first to see if we have anything remotely in common. So I told her a partial lie and said my mate was over for the week. This was true, apart from he wasn't actually going to be round for a couple of days yet.

Two days later I was on campus sorting something out. My phone then vibrates. Message: "I've just seen you on campus." Stalker alert Laughing

I replied saying something like, "Yeah hah, where did you see me?"

She responded, then asked what I was doing there. I told her that I was trying to sort something out but I'd been turned away because I lacked a certain document.

Now, she works on campus. Her response, broken down into two messages a few minutes apart, was:

"See I could have helped you with that."

"But I won't because I think you're mean."

I then proceeded to explain how my I hadn't lied about my friend coming over, and that I was also just a bit apprehensive about meeting so soon as I didn't really feel I'd gained any insight or connection from such limited messaging yet.

She was understanding, saying that she prefers to get straight in there and meet face to face. Then a few minutes later, another message: "Also I'm lovely."

I then had a bit of a 'yolo' moment and thought sod it, I'll go and meet her right now if she wants, even though I'm really not interested any more, I've got nothing else going on right now, so let's just do it. I told her we should meet. Unfortunately she was busy at that time so the chance was lost. I didn't care anyway, and stopped messaging.

My mate then came to stay for 5 days.

On the day my mate left, I get a message from her: "So how about this week then chatty?"

I ignored it.

Two days later, I was out having a pint with my mate. Another message comes through: "Cool." with a weird sort of playful-but-angry-looking emoticon.

With a few beers down us, my mate egged me on to just get in touch and see if she was about. So I did. I told her I was still a bit apprehensive about meeting, but "I'm a bit drunk with a mate, are you out tonight?"

She responded, yes she was out, going to some club in the city.

We messaged a bit, established what was going on, and went to meet her. One of her final two messages were:

"I'll update you where we are but join us."

"And apologies in advance for my boos which are most definitely on show."

Am I right in thinking these are the words of someone who's still relatively keen in some way?

Anyway here's how it ends:

We got there, met her, said hi, did that kind of awkward 'hello' hug when you meet a new person in a weird semi-datey situation where you don't know what to do. We were in the smoking area of this club.

"Are you on anything?" she says...
I reply, "Nah I'm just pissed as fuck."
"Oh right I've double-dropped."
....... Rolling Eyes

She then sits on the floor by the wall, some other random dude plonks himself next to her, arm around her, kisses her on the cheek, she doesn't talk to me all night and spends the whole time with him.

Thinking Thinking Thinking Rolling Eyes Laughing

I messaged her the next day asking what that was all about. Her response was simply, "You weren't interested". She thought I didn't talk to her or dance with her enough in the club. Well actually I didn't talk or dance to her at all Laughing! Because the reality is that 5 minutes after I got there with my mate, she was already with this other guy. She was just a clueless pillhead welcoming some attention, I think.

So that was my first Tinder experience.

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 25 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

China changed you, man.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 25 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should've been straight in at the first message. Christ, man, you're not going to marry all of them.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 26 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun Wukong wrote:
China changed you, man.

If I'm honest, the 'met in real life' girl I mentioned who royally fucked me over - she changed me. I've not got particularly high levels of trust in the way women's minds work any more. Going through an all-round low point right now, regarding love and romance and all that.

I'm pretty sure I'll go back to my old opinion pretty soon, where I think Tinder is strange and unnatural, and then delete it. I only went ahead with it because my mate egged me on. I know Tinder is supposedly for just hooking up and finding sex, but that isn't really me - I don't even like the idea of random hookups or casual sex flings in real life. Hence the apprehension over meeting this girl.

Having said that, I am enjoying the far higher amount of matches and general interest that I'm receiving this time around..!

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 26 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucked a few girls this year off Tinder. Like I said a few years ago, single life is the best life (for me anyway). Roots out the crazies, still in contact with the normals. Thumbs Up .

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 26 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, MCN, you really are a petty old man aren't you. Don't worry, you're enemied. Continue karma bashing me for you own entertainment, it's fine. Laughing .

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 28 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I'll be the new JFK, or worse, at least he was getting some.

Last year I used Tinder for a month or so, dated maybe half a dozen girls from it, slept with like 4, worked out pretty well, certainly seemed easier than dating when I was last single at like 20. Then got back with my ex for a bit. Now I'm using it and another site again, and literally no interest at all. Like maybe 6 weeks using it every couple of days, probably swipe right to 2/3 girls, literally the only matches are with robots.

Am I significantly less attractive as a 26 year old than a 25 year old?

Ugh, time to accept I'm gonna die alone.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 29 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan. wrote:

Last year I used Tinder for a month or so, dated maybe half a dozen girls from it, slept with like 4, worked out pretty well, certainly seemed easier than dating when I was last single at like 20. Then got back with my ex for a bit. Now I'm using it and another site again, and literally no interest at all. Like maybe 6 weeks using it every couple of days, probably swipe right to 2/3 girls, literally the only matches are with robots.

You're late twenties now - all downhill fom here.

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 29 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got married 3 months ago and very glad that whole dating game is in the past Laughing

Went for one of my best friend's younger sister nearly 5 years ago and never looked back Mr. Green

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

You're late twenties now - all downhill fom here.

You would think it would get easier as people learn more about themself; less need to prove things to themself. Perhaps that makes for less overall interest but more genuine interest?

Seems Lord Percy may have fallen for her need to massage her own ego, which probably derived from insecureties.

Dating sites; just seem too contrived . . . Nothing more attractive than a person who is happy as they are doing what they do.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan. wrote:

Tbf I think a mans value generally goes up with age. I know several guys in their 30's that are with cute girls in 20-23 bracket. Strangely enough these are borderline shut-in stoners that play video games all day whilst doling it up. You'd have thought these people would be neckbeard-tier but somehow keep a supply of young girls on the go.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:12 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan. wrote:

I find tinder, pof and all of that shit a waste of time nowadays honestly.

You'll get unattractive fat girls or people who want perfect muscular douche guys, you can send out loads of messages based on their profile and not get a single response, it's derp

I've had more luck hooking up with ex's and meeting people on a night out

Best way is to stop trying, I think. Try too hard and it really shows.

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smash 2 girls a week on tinder at the moment. To be fair, my amount of matches did triple when I put a picture of my back and arms on it, vaguely muscular and lots of ink.

I just tell them I'm not looking for owt except a drink and a shag and that's that. Although I am slightly in love with a Finnish girl on my course.
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm off Tinder again now.

Well, it's still on my phone but I don't go on it any more. I was messaging a girl but just stopped replying to her and now don't go on the app.

I was just using it to pass free time before this semester started.

Actually on the night I went to meet this Tinder girl, I was with my mate first in a bar near to the club we ended up at. In this bar I got talking with this girl, and do you know when you just 'feel' like there's some sort of potential there? Quite rare for me but I tend to notice when it happens. Well I felt it when talking to her. Then my mate came along and said, "So, we gonna go meet this Tinder girl?" The girl I was talking to then changed her attitude hugely and suddenly seemed a little bit shocked/surprised.

It was annoying actually because it was quite nice talking to her. Anyway my main point is that it's more fun meeting people in real life through natural circumstances, at least in my opinion. Tinder spoiled the fun for me there.

Actually I think I'll delete Tinder completely.

Sorry for reviving the thread and then pulling out of things so soon Very Happy

What happened to Metalangel?

And JFK. Could this be him?

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/e35/11910350_499897196853183_2090323769_n.jpg

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:

Best way is to stop trying, I think. Try too hard and it really shows.

Been doing that for 6 years or so. Just like a Metapod....

https://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/17/34/85/77/it_s_n10.png

Kind of getting hard to imagine tfw gf to be honest these days, like I just can't see it happening. I'm either working 19^12* or going off travelling so the idea of having a gf and building some kind of life together seems like an impossibility. Might as well have gone to try and become a wizard....

*yay I made a math joke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Then my mate came along and said, "So, we gonna go meet this Tinder girl?" The girl I was talking to then changed her attitude hugely and suddenly seemed a little bit shocked/surprised.

I dont / have never used it, but that wasnt "Tinders" fault. That was your mates fault for having the guile and subtleness of a donkey and conversely your fault for involving him in the first place. It's just a app that 'can' help increase opportunities so dont get hung up on it, do what you are comfortable doing. And for god sake un-grow up a bit! Mr. Green

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:46 - 05 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

What happened to Metalangel?

I'm here! I've been eyeing this thread up from time to time wondering what happened to you guys, since there were no posts for the entire summer.

At the end of May I started seeing a girl I met a few years ago, but only properly started getting to know a year ago. Things progressed very quickly, because it felt "right" in a way that none of this stuff up until now has. It just seemed natural to get together and do this, or that, we pretty much bypassed the dating stage and went straight into it.

We've had the most incredible summer together. Camping, cycling, hiking, swimming. We've gone to the beach and beaten Bubble Bobble together, jumped off waterfalls and TV show binged.

She is beautiful, active, intelligent, kind and witty. We get on with each other's families, have been accused by friends of spending too much time together, it's been amazing. We are both delighted to have found each other. The right people for each other at the right time in each others' lives.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:56 - 05 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalangel wrote:
We are both delighted to have found each other.

Congratulations, that phrase says it beautifully. Wub

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:42 - 05 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalangel wrote:
She is beautiful, active, intelligent, kind and witty. We get on with each other's families, have been accused by friends of spending too much time together, it's been amazing. We are both delighted to have found each other. The right people for each other at the right time in each others' lives.

With your luck, I need to get InB4

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/43/fc/45/43fc457bf22ae90662a736061fce4fac.jpg

(Alt title: "You came in that? You're braver than I thought.")

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 05 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

(Alt title: "You came in that? You're braver than I thought.")

I've said that to a few of my mates before now Mr. Green

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 05 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doovy wrote:
So I got married 3 months ago and very glad that whole dating game is in the past

Couldn't agree more. I've been with mine 14 years this year and we have our 4th wedding anniversary next March.
Our anniversary of when we first got together is October 31st, I pulled her at Kerrang club Leicester Square and this
Halloween like quite a few others over the years we will be away, so we will celebrate it abroad, the year before
last we were in the Maldives and I chartered a private boat and took her dolphin spotting at sunset because romeo. Wub

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 05 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww its gone all fluffy Wub

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 05 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great to hear MetalAngel Thumbs Up

Enjoy it Mr. Green

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 05 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers all. We kept it quiet at first but apparently it was a giveaway to her family how much happier she suddenly started acting.
Wub

My advice is don't give up (whether searching online or off), and also that you'll probably know when you've found a keeper because it will feel so right you'll realise how wrong all the ones that came before were or would have been.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 202 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138  Next
Page 135 of 138