Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mito and RXS100 piccies !

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Jammy-G This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

badlydamaged
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:22 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics, That RXS looks very tidy for its age, damn good little bike IMO, I love the style of them! Keep looking after it!

The Mito looks pretty smart too..... nice bikes Thumbs Up .

And is it me but in that pic Lorry Driver looks about 11, no offence or anything he just does in that pic Wink .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cliff
Doctor Sicknote

PostPosted: 19:26 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rxs looking lovely as ever. Thumbs Up
Jammy-G This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 19:30 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mito is nice, the jokes aimed at Cliff about him looking like a kid will from now on be aimed at lorrydriver! Thumbs Up

cliff
Doctor Sicknote

PostPosted: 19:44 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
The Mito is nice, the jokes aimed at Cliff about him looking like a kid will from now on be aimed at lorrydriver! Thumbs Up
Thumbs UpVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

carnislick
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 02:16 - 01 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom we'll have to get a photo of our bikes next to each other, that looks pretty cool.

Paul

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 01 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That RXS looks well smart, bit of old skool action Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Inkognito
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:44 - 02 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, the Mito's always look nice. Smile

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 02 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see the person on the Mito wearing the correct safety gear Wink

*Cough*

badlydamaged
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:36 - 02 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr jamez wrote:
Nice to see the person on the Mito wearing the correct safety gear Wink

*Cough*

Kevlar Back Pack! Very Happy

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:48 - 06 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course accidents only happen on long journeys Wink

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 07 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on this forum fell of their bike at that speed, slid along the floor and he injured his back. Initialy he was left in a wheelchair I think and needed lots of therapy to get walking again, so you stop talking rubbish and thinking your invincible, falling off at 10mph will scrub your skin off Rolling Eyes

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 14:37 - 07 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was once told by a doctor that gravel rash will occur at any speed if you hit the ground, and that it causes approximately 1 square inch of rash per 10mph on naked flesh - and that's on every bit of flesh that hits the road! Not sure how much of this was based in scientific research, but I always wear my protective kit because of it.
Think about it, falling off at 10mph - have a lump of flesh ripped off that is 1 inch by 1 inch (2.5cms * 2.5cms for you youngsters), that's going to hurt.
Now think about 30mph - a speed that every motorbike is capable of. 3 square inches (7.5cm * 7.5cm) - that's really going to hurt! Shocked

Let's not be stupid, wear it - even if you are only going 2 or 3 miles. Why should my insurance money pay for the NHS to patch you up because you can't be arsed to put your kit on?

badlydamaged
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:00 - 07 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very very lucky that my leather jacket only gave way during the last bit of my slide down the road in my worst crash, I only lost about 3cm flesh all over an area of 3 inches square!. Had I been going faster or not been wearing a decent jacket I dread to think how my shoulder would be. My broken arm healed ages ago, but the shoulder is still raw (and a bloody pain when the dressings come loose while working on cars etc), still I admit when popping into town (mile down the road, all 30 limits) I normally only wear a normal Cheroke Jacket, like so many things in life its a calculated risk. At least Lorry Driver is wearing gloves Thumbs Up, which my friend wasn't (we crashed into each other and 60+ mph) and subsequently seriously regretted.

Cheers, Jonathan

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 15:04 - 07 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

badlydamaged wrote:
...At least Lorry Driver is wearing gloves...

Not much point in saving the skin on your hands when its missing from most of the rest of your body.

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 08 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly where in my post did I tell you what you should wear, I simply stated that if you fall off at 10mph you will hurt yourself. I think something in your brain is disconnected Confused

Oh right so on your short journeys you stick to 10mph Laughing I bet you travel at what 30/40mph? putting you're hands down so you just gracefuly slide along on your gloves without getting hurt is toss, your wrists will snap in half, then your body will drag along the floor losing it's skin Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 299 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2