BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Motogp Aragon

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hyaon
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:22 - 29 Sep 2013    Post subject: Motogp Aragon Reply with quote

Gutted Redding didn't get third, but at least Rossi did! Kudos to marquez for bumping off Pedboring, I don't think he caught his traction control wire. I reckon it came off after the accident and even if that's found to be why, it's down to shoddy wiring. Who leaves a loose wire sticking out?

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 29 Sep 2013    Post subject: Re: Motogp Aragon Reply with quote

Hyaon wrote:
Gutted Redding didn't get third, but at least Rossi did! Kudos to marquez for bumping off Pedboring, I don't think he caught his traction control wire. I reckon it came off after the accident and even if that's found to be why, it's down to shoddy wiring. Who leaves a loose wire sticking out?

There was definite contact, the state of the arm of MM's leathers shows that.

Scott did brilliantly to get up to 4th. He'll be gutted he didn't get on the podium but hopefully in the cold light of day he'll see what a good ride it was.

Fowlersrs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 29 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be interesting to see what race direction say.

Pedrosa says Marquez made contact through missing his braking point which basically wripped off the wheel speed sensor cable on Danny's bike, this then meant as soon as Danny applied throttle without traction control out popped the rear wheel.

It's a big case of bad luck as the contact didn't affect Danny's stability so if he had stayed on it would have been perfect as Marquez paid the price by running wide.

But Danny was looking strong and to be fair Marquez's contact clearly resulted in him indirectly coming off. In Marquez's favour he did as much as possible to avoid a full on collision (similar to lowes / Byrne) so maybe just a points deduction will be end game??

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:41 - 29 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorna have asked for a technical report on Danny's bike as well. They want to check the throttle connection, and why it would spit him off the second throttle was applied.

Dani says it wasn't his fault, yet they also say traction control doesn't help them much. If it wasn't Dani's fault then that implies they lean on traction control much more than they would like to admit.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 29 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Oh they definitely rely on traction control. You can plainly hear it from the onboard shots...dat-dat-dat-dat. I still see plenty of highsides so maybe not always set right.

To clip the rear wheel sensor is believable, but not as believable as Dani feeling a nudge, momentarily distracted then getting on the throttle too soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hyaon
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:18 - 29 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Honda will no doubt protect the sensor cable in future, but it is nonetheless surprising that the traction control system didn't revert to a safe/back-up mode once the sensor had failed.

That's what to blame. Not Marquez, just a safety issue not thought of, like the front brake incidents which now have guards today.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 29 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

HT wrote:
^^^Oh they definitely rely on traction control. You can plainly hear it from the onboard shots...dat-dat-dat-dat. I still see plenty of highsides so maybe not always set right.

To clip the rear wheel sensor is believable, but not as believable as Dani feeling a nudge, momentarily distracted then getting on the throttle too soon.

Aye, I completely agree.

Sounds dead cool though.

Mart_er6
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 08:46 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dani says it wasn't his fault, yet they also say traction control doesn't help them much. If it wasn't Dani's fault then that implies they lean on traction control much more than they would like to admit.

Yep, it took all of 2 seconds or so between traction control being disabled and the rider coming off.. it must be in near constant use?

Fowlersrs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:53 - 10 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquez given 1 penalty point and Honda docked 25 constructors points.
So Marquez is on 3 now, one more and he starts from the back of the grid.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 172 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1