Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hjc fg 15 carbon helmet...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rigga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:11 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Hjc fg 15 carbon helmet... Reply with quote

www.lidsdirect.co.uk/hjc-fg-15-carbon-4.html

Has anyone got this helmet, if so is it any good? I'm tempted by this after seeing it at this price..

LockyUK
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:13 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Re: Hjc fg 15 carbon helmet... Reply with quote

Rigga wrote:
www.lidsdirect.co.uk/hjc-fg-15-carbon-4.html

Has anyone got this helmet, if so is it any good? I'm tempted by this after seeing it at this price..

yes i have one bought a few months ago from lids direct, brilliant helmet, pinlock ready (got to buy inserts) 2 visors and ahigh quality helmet bag, it is very comfortable and quiet (albeit on my cbf 125 only speed was tested upto is 60-65) very high quality helmet too

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:19 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paid half that for a Nitro carbon one, weighs less and was not even noticeable when it was on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rigga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Paid half that for a Nitro carbon one, weighs less and was not even noticeable when it was on.

Which model is yours Paddy?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:37 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitro N1900-VF Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a non-carbon version of the FG-15 for 4 years. Paid £100 for it, I consider it one of my best motorcycling buys. I bought it to replace a £400 AGV which was shit.

Pads etc are removable, I wash them about once a year or when they get gross. For me, wind noise is low but I wear earplugs anyway. Visor mechanism is still going strong and I am still on the original visor, despite having a spare and it being used in 4 salty winters. Venting is good and the nose guard thing works wonders at keeping the mist at bay on cold/wet days. I don't have a pinlock fitted, but would like to try one so that I can keep the visor fully closed during heavy rain.

Other than that, seems nicely made, haven't had any reason to dislike it and I would and will buy another if anything happens to this one.
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:04 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Paid half that for a Nitro carbon one

New, or is that one of your eBay bargains where you had to wash out bits of the previous owner before use?

Matt94
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:24 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my HJC Carbon for £130 Wink , Most comfortable helmet I own (I have 4) removable lining helps aswell, fairly quiet and ventilations good. Wouldn't say its amazing but it's definitely one of the better helmets out there.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:48 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
Paid half that for a Nitro carbon one

New, or is that one of your eBay bargains where you had to wash out bits of the previous owner before use?

BNIB w/ tags, 2wheeljunkie Thumbs Up

Rigga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:00 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt94 wrote:
Got my HJC Carbon for £130 Wink , Most comfortable helmet I own (I have 4) removable lining helps aswell, fairly quiet and ventilations good. Wouldn't say its amazing but it's definitely one of the better helmets out there.

Did that come with the extra visor and bag for that price? Where did you get it from?

Paddy, I take it yours was on offer or whatever cos it's back at £200 now on their website.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:16 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very tempted to buy that Shifty with the visor i'd be wanting anyway thrown in that looks like a real bargain

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:18 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigga wrote:
Paddy, I take it yours was on offer or whatever cos it's back at £200 now on their website.

Pretty sure there are 50% discount codes around..

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:27 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt94 wrote:

Same when I got mine, good helmet but I preferred the fit of my Simpsons.

thepuma
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got 2 FG15 helmets......great helmets for the money. Got both mine from Lids Direct too.

thepuma
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 09 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got 2 FG15 helmets......great helmets for the money. Got both mine from Lids Direct too.

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:40 - 10 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 FG15 helmets as well , one old with original visors which I got about 4 years ago used daily and a new one from lids direct that was £89, still in box unused with pinlock visors. Great helmets especially at £89.

Matt94
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:09 - 10 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the record the helmet bag is shitey quality! all the stitching has torn away down the sides and I really don't know why, hasn't been used at all!

LockyUK
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:36 - 10 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt94 wrote:
for the record the helmet bag is shitey quality! all the stitching has torn away down the sides and I really don't know why, hasn't been used at all!

unlucky maybe, mine is brilliant!

Rigga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 21 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got this helmet for £143.99 from lids direct..

They've dropped the price to £159.99 and if you use discount code SALE10 at the checkout you get another 10% Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 22 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG-17 is imminent to replace the 15. I'll have to have a look and see if there will be a carbon version, and see what updates it has.
There is a carbon version of the RPHA10 Plus, if anyone's interested. I preferred my old Laser carbon (£300 helmet I got off the rep for £65!) but the RPHA is the best crown fit I've ever had in any helmet - I'd need to replace the cheek pads in my size (med) to those from the small though.

Speed
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:00 - 22 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an FG-15 but in the Ben Spies colours and it's a fantastic helmet, best i've ever owned. When it comes to replacing it i'll definitely be getting another HJC Thumbs Up

i.p.phrealy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 22 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't tend to have a lot of choice when I bought my helmet as I have a massive swede of a head (3XL) so lucky the FG15 fits. but standard shiny black for me.
still had to be specially ordered in. I'd be buggered if I need a new lid in a hurry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:23 - 22 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the non carbon one and I'm totally opposite to everyone else coming from shoei raid its turd , noisey as hell the visors feel like there made from paper , front vent broke after about 2 months of use , the up and down mechanism is crap compared to my trusy old shoei its just feels massively cheap

Rigga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:57 - 22 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

dransy wrote:
I got the non carbon one and I'm totally opposite to everyone else coming from shoei raid its turd , noisey as hell the visors feel like there made from paper , front vent broke after about 2 months of use , the up and down mechanism is crap compared to my trusy old shoei its just feels massively cheap

It's gotta be better than my £40 pos
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 68 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2