Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sports Fizzie

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

jaymos
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:50 - 23 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan.

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 23 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a monster Laughing Where are the cylinders? What cc? lol

EDIT: Oh.. I noticed the spark plug lead Laughing 20-50cc?
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:56 - 23 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first bike, mine was a P reg (1976 I think), loved that bike to bits, did a genuine 55mph had a 4-speed gearbox, none down four up I think it was. Was the fastest bike at the school in 1986, used to love leaving my mates behind on their RD/DT/MBX/ER50's. Ahh those were the days. Very Happy

Last edited by gbrand42 on 00:01 - 24 Oct 2013; edited 1 time in total

bypass2
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:17 - 23 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned yamaha ss50 L reg 1973 was a good moped think it would do about 50mph.

Muscle Bike Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:33 - 24 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent wrote:
I sometimes forget we weren't all around in the sports moped years Embarassed

The original version was just about the best bike you could buy as a 16 year old in Britain in the mid to late 70's and loved by most of those that owned one.

https://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j71/Drewskovitch/FS1-E_zps4fca4f81.jpg

Them were the days, remember mine fondly, my mates Suzuki was faster though and had a 5 speed box, but still it was a great bike for a school kid.
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 24 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's how I like to see old bikes dragged into modern day era suspension and braking levels, and it's quite true to the original design, just dressed in all the expensive named ancillaries that any 40year old with loads of cash to waste would want to blow his load on.

It certainely won't tempt 16year olds back into biking, which was the most ridiculous statement in the article. I also saw the YB100 motor conversion as a better bet, as anyone that buys an FS1E now does not worry about keeping them 50cc or std internally.

Kids will always want Reiju's and Aprilia RS50's over any tarty expensive pimped out FS1E.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fozzym
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:14 - 25 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be buggered if it breakes down, no pedals!! Very Happy

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

misscrabstick
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:28 - 26 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 16 in 1981 and I had a 1975 FS1E dx in yellow, it had a disc brake and could do a genuine 45 to 50 mph on the flat depending on the wind, should have kept the fucker, they are going for a lot of money now. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 26 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely it would have been cooler to have a Puch maxi or Piaggio Ciao with a big bore kit and a basket on the front, and ride past a flat out Fizzie with a basket full of beers! Wink

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 26 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those bikes look massively more cool than the crappy plastic peds spotty teens wobble about on these days. What went wrong?

misscrabstick
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:23 - 27 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was 1997 that the government changed the legal definition of a moped from 50cc with pedals to 50cc and unable to exceed 30 mph (2.5bhp), this change heralded the arrival of some new super good looking yet incredibly gutless machines, a few friends had things like mt5's and DT50's and RD50's, they frequently got overtaken by pedal cyclists. I think it made life way more dangerous, the riders of these spent most of their time being overtaken even in town traffic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost £5 in a race to a DT50 over 3miles back in the early 90's. I had a new Dawes racing bike, and I bet a fat kid at school that I could beat him in a race, including getting through the traffic in town.

Plan went well to start with, but there was an 800m hill where I lost a bit of my lead, but the last mile was downhill and fatty on his DT50 came past me at about 45mph once id run out of gears and energy lol! Thumbs Down
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 04 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend has Fizzy with a modified frame holding a CR85 motocross engine, USD front end and different swingarm running a fat tyre and disc. Looks boss painted in yellow with speed blocks and high level spanny running down the side.

It wheelies forever.

27cows
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:24 - 11 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest regret of my bike riding life was parting with my R-reg white Fizzy. Pedal start job, bought for very little in 1985 and loved dearly. Did 20,000 miles in the year I owned it. Fantastic little bike. Never let me down, did over 50 with no bother.

But I was in the market for a 350 Powervalve having passed my test and someone made me an at the time great offer for the Fizzy.

It's now an antiseptically clean, absolutely immaculate garage adornment that is never ridden and just gets brought out a few times a year to appear a bike shows. What a terrible waste Sad

The deep regret at parting with the Fizzy is pretty much what has made me hang on to my RXS100 for the past 23 years. It doesn't have the reputation of the FS1E but it's part of the same family - tiny, quick, immensely reliable and inexplicably inspiring complete devotion Laughing

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 11 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the fizzie`s bigger brother, the YB 100.
For such a basic bike it was a good little machine and quicker than the BSA Bantam that it replaced.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:31 - 11 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Fizzies and APs were a lot better than the slow Suzuki X1 50 I had. I actually got pulled over by a copper on foot waving me in to the kerb - "going a bit slow on that roundabout lad?" he said, to which I just kind of resignedly indicated the bike. "Yeah, see what you mean" quips he, and sends me on my way. Laughing
And by Christ, it was scary battling with the lorries etc on the North Circular on it!

poleposition
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:01 - 12 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think that new Fizzie looks awful..the wheels just dont suit it...
I can't see it appealling to the younger generation, 50's are all about plastic scooters thesedays..
Just reminds me of revamping a classic design for the modern era..yes it worked for the Mini..and also for the Fiat 500 to a degree...but this...Can't see it somehow.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 109 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2