Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New race bike.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 06 Nov 2013    Post subject: New race bike. Reply with quote

Lurking at the back of my friends workshop is a beast of unbridled power and undeniable race heritage that runs so deep it is impossible to ride without feeling you are on a track. Sporting scars of races past and scratches to the exhaust, the lightweight CG mudguard and Renthal stickers hint at performance way beyond stock potential, let alone stock actuality. Having covered a mile in the last 3 years, possibly because those who dare to ride it are few and far between, or possibly because the clutch cable mount broke inside the case and no one could be arsed to repair it, it now has an MOT.

Yes, this bike is road legal, with a 6v electrical system maybe to keep weight down perhaps or maybe even because Yamaha really didn't give a fuck about lights in 1988, a homologated two stroke motor that pound for pound will destroy a similar cc 4 stroke, and 'energy induction' whatever the fuck that is when it's at home.

It has been an extensive restoration, a new pair of tyres were fitted, the old ones having been torn from the rims by the forces excerted on them by the powerhouse within the lightweight frame, new brakes front and rear were a necessity though the front still struggles to slow the beast down with repeated stops from over 65mph. The mudguard was swapped for a later Honda CG item, the original was considered unsuitable for the road due to the 'speed holes' manufactured into it by racers past not cleaning the bike properly. The carb was stripped and rebuilt, the high octane race fuel flowing through it previously had become stale and clogged the finely made instrument. A certain patina was maintained though, the character of the motorcycle very much it's value. That and disinterest.

It has now fallen into my ownership, I am excited to share with you a few preliminary pictures of the machine, still within it's home of the last few weeks. Filthy from the shakedown ride, awaiting delivery to it's new home where it will be pushed into use...

I give you...

https://img268.imageshack.us/img268/492/6aej.jpg

https://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6351/q8sd.jpg

The 1988 RXS100.

Rigga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:53 - 06 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality, that was funny Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:10 - 06 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

27cows has hacked your account?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 07 Nov 2013    Post subject: Re: New race bike. Reply with quote

lilredmachine wrote:

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP ........ spurt!........... groan... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
benny blue This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:35 - 08 Nov 2013    Post subject: Re: New race bike. Reply with quote

benny blue wrote:
Quote:
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP ........ spurt!........... groan... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

crazy frog springs to mind

Shocked Shocked you`re stranger than me Shocked ! Shocked
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 10 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:
Race ya? Twisted Evil

H100's been upgeared now and clocked a GPS confirmed 63mph on my last high speed pass.

You`re supposed to come on hear and tell everyone how it`s "race tuned" and got 50bhp and can do a ton now innit" Laughing
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1