Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Moving on up...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ripp3rCrust
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:12 - 17 Nov 2013    Post subject: Moving on up... Reply with quote

Picked this up three weeks ago as an upgrade for the Bandit. All I can say is... Huge improvement!
Came with an aftermarket can and a double bubble screen which has been handy for motorway runs.

https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/MetalMilitia01/IMAG0077.jpg

https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/MetalMilitia01/IMAG0078.jpg

Since then I have added some R&G crash bobbins, heated grips and also a topbox rack.

Finally managed to get out today and have a much needed blast in the peak district. Definitely more fun than a Bandit!

https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/MetalMilitia01/IMAG0090.jpg

https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/MetalMilitia01/IMAG0091.jpg

mayassa
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:14 - 29 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

She looks brand new, Congrats!

TomReilly
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:32 - 29 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Very Happy

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:45 - 29 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you put there some sort of a dark foil over the headlight? Confused

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:28 - 29 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good bikes.

Miss my old FW - nothing exceptional but just good at the lot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 29 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is she the Carbed or the EFI version?
I rode a 2000 CBR600 before buying a new 600 back when they were new. The carbed one had a bloody awful almost dangerous flat spot between 5-6000rpm. To overtake meant a couple of downchanges and screaming it, compared to just rolling open the Throttle on the J1 ZX6R, it was that much of a difference.

I know a DJ kit and set up time could have cured it, but when the Kwak had faultless carburation from 2000-14000rpm, why should you need to piss about making a new bike run properly? That was my view anyhow!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Boris the spider
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:03 - 29 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great Cool

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 29 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I rode a 2000 CBR600 before buying a new 600 back when they were new. The carbed one had a bloody awful almost dangerous flat spot between 5-6000rpm. To overtake meant a couple of downchanges and screaming it, compared to just rolling open the Throttle on the J1 ZX6R, it was that much of a difference.

I know a DJ kit and set up time could have cured it, but when the Kwak had faultless carburation from 2000-14000rpm, why should you need to piss about making a new bike run properly? That was my view anyhow!

It'll be FI.

I think you must have just got unlucky with the flat spot. Neither of the ones I've ridden had such a problem.

Ripp3rCrust
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:39 - 30 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the replies guys, I am still loving it!

RhynoCZ wrote:
Did you put there some sort of a dark foil over the headlight? Confused

Hi, the previous owner had purchased some sort of dark plastic cover that attached to the headlight with Velcro. It now lives in my shed though as half of my commute is in the dark!

arry wrote:
Good bikes.

Miss my old FW - nothing exceptional but just good at the lot

Agreed, fits my requirements perfectly. Comfortable enough for long commutes and motorways but still exciting enough for the weekend blasts.

stevo as b4 wrote:

This is the FI version as arry said. I believe that the 2000 model CBR600F4 was the last carbureted CBR, being replaced by the F4i in 2001. This is the first bike I have had with FI and I am pleasantly surprised at the smoothness, not having to mess around with the choke is a bonus too.

Was the carbed bike you tried out stock?

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 30 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FI sounds much better in this case then. The 2000MY I tried was a brand new test demo, and 100% std. It just felt gutless at about 5-7000, but ok below and above. The ZX6R felt like a 750cc in comparison and pulled like a train. The only thing I think the Honda was much better at was hot starting, and less tingly vibes between 7-8000rpm. The Honda engine also sounds much smoother and more silky almost R6 like, instead of the bag of spanners in a washing machine sound (character) of the ZX6R.

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:01 - 02 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

huge improvement until you have to work on it, fairings get bloody annoying bloody quick when you work on bikes

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:05 - 02 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmnz wrote:
huge improvement until you have to work on it, fairings get bloody annoying bloody quick when you work on bikes

It's a CBR - never needs work Laughing

As it happens the fairings aren't really an issue to remove - 10 mins tops when you know how it's done, but yeah I get your point.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 118 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1