Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My 'old man' commuter

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Richtea
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:38 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: My 'old man' commuter Reply with quote

Just picked up this.

It's a 2000 Yamaha YP250. Just been looking for a sensible commuter for the winter months with a bit more weather protection. Just driven it the 30 miles home and it is very comfortable (the seat is like a sofa). Not a rocket by any means but cheap enough and easily kept up with traffic on the dual carriage way.

When I got home both the kids and wife said it looked like 'an old mans' bike. But secretly I kinda liked the 'easy' ride home not having to worry about changing up and down all the time in commuter traffic.

Not a great pic as it was dark when I got home, but this is the advert pic and it's very tidy for a 12 year old bike, owned by an old fella and really well maintained.

Be interested in anyone who may have had one of these and anything specific to look out for.

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some neons for it, jobs a goodun Laughing Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 25 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedboi Wink

Richtea
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:19 - 25 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikertomm wrote:
Pedboi Wink

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
soforene This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:29 - 26 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

At leat you won't need to buy locks 'n' shit. No one would steal it. Thumbs Up

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:39 - 26 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get one of those bib-blanket-cover things for your legs, then you can have a wank going down the motorway and nobody will know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DottyDuck
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:01 - 26 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a pussy wagon.

Ol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:12 - 26 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
Get one of those bib-blanket-cover things for your legs, then you can have a wank going down the motorway and nobody will know.

That had me giggling like a twat for about 2 minutes... Thumbs Up Karma

Richtea
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:37 - 26 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
At leat you won't need to buy locks 'n' shit. No one would steal it. Thumbs Up

Dam right! Went down the gym on it this morning, went to put a lock on it then thought "who the fuck would want to steal it"!! It's quite liberating being able to dump it anywhere without worrying about it getting nicked/damaged.

Having said that, it's doing its job well, suit me as a winter hack. Although strangely I haven't had any admiring glances from the opposite sex yet, but I'm sure that will come........

SQL
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 26 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

needs rimtape
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mintex
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:34 - 18 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you finding this bike, i did look at getting one of these types as a commuter as i like the convenience of them Smile

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 18 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of like a jet ski for deacons.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Richtea
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 06:49 - 19 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintex wrote:
How are you finding this bike, i did look at getting one of these types as a commuter as i like the convenience of them Smile

I've just sold the bike about 2 weeks ago as I've since got a Bandit at a good price, but i liked it.
As long as you don't think that it will replace the thrills of a bike, you can't go wrong. As a commuter tool, I don't think I could of beat it for value for money. Cheap to buy, cheap to run, twist and go and as discussed above no issues with worrying about getting it nicked!

I'd get another with no hesitation, but with the weather clearing up I've gone back to cycling to work so wasn't getting used. I would have kept it for the price I'd paid but the wife kept moaning that it was taking up room. Sold it for the same price I bought it for, so in effect 6 months 'free' commuting.

Hth,
Rich

mintex
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:00 - 19 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers bud, if i end up getting one i'll post it on here Thumbs Up

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 27 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQL wrote:
needs rimtape

Him or the bike?

Bunny Lingus
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:55 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
Kind of like a jet ski for deacons.

I just asphyxiated myself laughing at that one & I don't even know what a fucking deacon looks like other than that they are ecumenical...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 337 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1