BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Deadeded

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:35 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Deadeded Reply with quote

Thought I'd post a fantastic picture of my pristine condition bandit.

Please refrain from being jealous.

Jokes aside, smeg breath in a car pulled out on me, I literally had about a seconds worth of braking which wasn't enough. I do a gymnasts routine over the car, while hoping I don't meet a lamp post and now I'm currently off work since mid-december till whenever I'm well enough to go back. Could have been worse, could have been the middle of summer! Laughing

https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/dead_bandit.jpg

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:17 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much for the tyres.

Poor Bandit Laughing What am I saying... bon voyage boat Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:36 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you got him as much as he got you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car spun 180 and he was complaining of neck and back pain so they cut his roof off to get him out, so his Jetta is a write off too.

Annoying bit is, I'm being sent on the RIDE course as an alternative over getting done for driving without due care. Due to a bit of naughtiness I was witnessed doing about 5-10 minute before the crash. A copper told me to calm it down, I calm it down and end up having a crash. If I was riding the way I was, I'd have passed the road way before the guy would have pulled out. If I'm honest, it shouldn't even be mentioned in the accident report as it happened way before it so is totally irrelevant, but the police think differently. Police also believe I was speeding though, due a witness stood about 30ft from the crash saying I came screaming past way exceeding 50mph...even though the impact speed was 30mph and I hesitated with my braking as I tried going around the front, realised I wouldn't make it, so swerved towards the rear, realised I was going to hit it when about 10ft away then just slammed on but was too late. I've clearly shown due care and attention as I've attempted evasive manoevures in the first place!

Drivers not getting done for driving without due care even though he's pulled out from a sideroad onto a main road. Police say it would be hard to prosecute due to him denying any wrongdoing. He even said in his statement that I "appeared out of nowhere" even though the roads quite a long straight. So it seems like SMIDSY is a valid excuse now...

I do remember saying at the road side "Well my bollocks are gonna be bruised, but I always thought flying over a car would be worse" even though I'd just crawled off the road in pain. I've always gotta throw in a bit of humour, no matter what. Laughing

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft. Frame bent? If not good excuse to get some USDs in there.
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's like a support strut for the frame in line with where the front wheel used to be and its fairly bent from when the wheels slammed into it on impact.

Rather not spend money getting it roadworthy again tbh, rather just get a daytona 675 or a bandit 12. Don't know which one I'd rather have tbh, different styles of riding Laughing

Nemo
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:43 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, speak with McAms, they'll get it sorted, sounds like a load of bollocks.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:45 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:
There's like a support strut for the frame in line with where the front wheel used to be and its fairly bent from when the wheels slammed into it on impact.

Rather not spend money getting it roadworthy again tbh, rather just get a daytona 675 or a bandit 12. Don't know which one I'd rather have tbh, different styles of riding Laughing

How much for your lovely Bandit then? Laughing

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:59 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea yet, only got it back from the garage the police kept it at about 2-3 days ago Laughing

Nemo, I'm gonna see how it pans out first. I'm not too bothered as long as it doesn't affect the claim. If it does I'll be chasing it all up to get the result I want

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:54 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know Mr. Green

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:58 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The insurance claim will go against you if you're being charged and the driver is not.

Get legal representation NOW.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:24 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:
Police say it would be hard to prosecute due to him denying any wrongdoing.

It's amazing how often a full, outright denial of any wrongdoing catches the police out.

By accepting the course, you have admitted you were driving carelessly.

You are going to lose any insurance claim AND the other driver is going to hump your insurance for a five figure sum for whiplash AND you have no bike AND you're off work.

If you didn't do it, you shouldn't have accepted their offer.

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:59 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't accepted it, I got recommended for it instead of getting the driving without due care and attention charge and I'd have the same outcome except I'd also get given points and lose my licence.

Like I said, I was a bit naughty a few minute prior and it was seen by coppers and they have hard evidence. My issue is that it's irrelevant to the accident and should be treated seperately but they are making out that it's a factor in the accident even though I was about 2-3 miles from the actual scene.

Last edited by krarkol on 16:05 - 10 Jan 2014; edited 1 time in total

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:03 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yous gonna get raped unless you have very very good legal help.

I will however take that bike off your hands for whatever the buy back is Laughing

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:07 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to contact my solicitor in a minute, I explained it the other week and was told "don't worry about it" but I'm still worrying about it!

What are your plans for this tatty old bandit? Laughing

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:29 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:
What are your plans for this tatty old bandit? Laughing

I have some USDs, some spare bits and fancy a winter project Laughing

devojunior
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:39 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to your local high street no win no fee place tell them your story he will lose no doubt fuck what the police or witness say they are all anti bikers anyway.

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke to my solicitors, they said it wouldn't stand up as the "moment of madness" was seperate to the collision and they'd happily fight it. They're no win, no fee so I aint paying anything up front just for them to turn around and say "case isn't strong enough"

I is now happy Laughing

Paddy, you best do a project thread about it Wink
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:09 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:
Paddy, you best do a project thread about it Wink

Deal. Mr. Green

i.p.phrealy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 11 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:
Like I said, I was a bit naughty a few minute prior and it was seen by coppers and they have hard evidence.

personally i'd say being pulled for being naughty should have worked in your favour.
If you've had the whole "take it easy sonny" speech, and you knew they were likely to follow you for a bit you're not likely to hoon are you?

krarkol wrote:
My issue is that it's irrelevant to the accident and should be treated seperately but they are making out that it's a factor in the accident even though I was about 2-3 miles from the actual scene.

so they did follow you then, and yet they're saying you were still riding like a nobber? Thinking

hopefully your legal bod will poke a hole in that argument quicker than you poke a finger through poundshop bog roll.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 11 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

i.p.phrealy wrote:
krarkol wrote:
Like I said, I was a bit naughty a few minute prior and it was seen by coppers and they have hard evidence.

personally i'd say being pulled for being naughty should have worked in your favour.
If you've had the whole "take it easy sonny" speech, and you knew they were likely to follow you for a bit you're not likely to hoon are you?

krarkol wrote:
My issue is that it's irrelevant to the accident and should be treated seperately but they are making out that it's a factor in the accident even though I was about 2-3 miles from the actual scene.

so they did follow you then, and yet they're saying you were still riding like a nobber? Thinking

hopefully your legal bod will poke a hole in that argument quicker than you poke a finger through poundshop bog roll.

Absolutely. Play the "I'm a law abiding citizen, and I was really shaken up by my brush with the law so I was riding like a nun on her period" card.

Job done. Thumbs Up

Clutchy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 11 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:
Car spun 180 and he was complaining of neck and back pain so they cut his roof off to get him out, so his Jetta is a write off too.

Annoying bit is, I'm being sent on the RIDE course as an alternative over getting done for driving without due care. Due to a bit of naughtiness I was witnessed doing about 5-10 minute before the crash. A copper told me to calm it down, I calm it down and end up having a crash. If I was riding the way I was, I'd have passed the road way before the guy would have pulled out. If I'm honest, it shouldn't even be mentioned in the accident report as it happened way before it so is totally irrelevant, but the police think differently. Police also believe I was speeding though, due a witness stood about 30ft from the crash saying I came screaming past way exceeding 50mph...even though the impact speed was 30mph and I hesitated with my braking as I tried going around the front, realised I wouldn't make it, so swerved towards the rear, realised I was going to hit it when about 10ft away then just slammed on but was too late. I've clearly shown due care and attention as I've attempted evasive manoevures in the first place!

Drivers not getting done for driving without due care even though he's pulled out from a sideroad onto a main road. Police say it would be hard to prosecute due to him denying any wrongdoing. He even said in his statement that I "appeared out of nowhere" even though the roads quite a long straight. So it seems like SMIDSY is a valid excuse now...

I do remember saying at the road side "Well my bollocks are gonna be bruised, but I always thought flying over a car would be worse" even though I'd just crawled off the road in pain. I've always gotta throw in a bit of humour, no matter what. Laughing

Reading that genuinely made my blood boil, ignoring the you having to go on a course thing, it is what it is, as you were being a dick earlier it ended up being bad luck.

The thing that is making me actually rage is the driver not being in trouble at all... Can honestly say I would not go round his house a few months later and slash his tyres and or key his car.

(if the facts are right)

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:43 - 11 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutchy wrote:

Reading that genuinely made my blood boil, ignoring the you having to go on a course thing, it is what it is, as you were being a dick earlier it ended up being bad luck.

The thing that is making me actually rage is the driver not being in trouble at all... Can honestly say I would not go round his house a few months later and slash his tyres and or key his car.

(if the facts are right)

Don't forget you'd bomb the council offices, and kill the magistrate's cat. Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 100 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3