Deadeded

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:14 - 10 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:
Police made out they had some sort of evidence that I had done. I couldn't remember so instead of lying and getting shafted, I told the truth and ended up getting shafted. I'd never really dealt with the police before except for getting caught speeding by mobile camera vans. I didn't really see why people had the "fuck the police" opinion till now Laughing

All part of the learning curve I guess.

The elders of the tribe (BCF hard-core cynics and haters of the establishment) have given of their wisdom over the years but you, being young and gullible, ignored it.

But yea and verily, thou hast learned the hard way. Now go forth and never trust the swine again.

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:18 - 10 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not over yet though!

Case is still on-going and I'm hoping the fact the new solicitors specifically deal with motorcycle accidents, that they'll find some hole in the argument. 50% blame to 20% is a massive difference so if that's the end result then it may just show how incompetent my initial solicitors may be.

331X2
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:41 - 10 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the witness' speed sense last calibrated?

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:59 - 10 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly....but it's my word against theres.

I have a vid of my bike on a dyno and even at about 3k its screaming so I'm gonna be using that to counter his "came screaming past at tremendous speed" claim
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:01 - 11 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The witness was wearing headphones aswell so everyone makes out that I must have been going for it if he's heard me. In my opinion that just tells me he's not heard my bike clearly as the sound will be distorted my whatever tunes he's playing.

My old solicitors have said they are sending me a copy so I'll definitely be having a look myself. Everyone who has read it have said it basically says im at fault. But when they mention a bit of whats in it I always think they are a bit clueless towards how a bike would be positioned compared to a car.

Annoying this is, they generally say if the front half of the sife of the car is hit, its the person who pulled outs fault. If its the rear half then the person who hae right of way is generally at fault as they are deemed to have been speeding and not stopped in time. Makes sense initially. But that doesnt take into account if the guys booted it to take a chance and it doesnt fit my story as I was heading straight at the drivers side front wing/door until for some reason I swerved. So now the fact I actually performed an evasive manoeuvre might be working against me!

White Dalton have suggested that. They have said I have 2 options. I can pay like 2k for someone to do a crash reconstruction using software which will determine what speed I must have been going to spin a car 180 or I can do a quantum one or something like that which goes off injuries. I didnt break anything but I do have a bruised big toe from clipping it on the car and a continuous muscle pain in my right thigh.

In my head it sounds pretty plausible to have spun that car at a sensible speed. Fully fuelled bandit 600 with a 80-90kg rider hitting the rear driver side wheel of a car already turning right. It probably took the weight from the right of the car and spun it around the axis of the already turned wheels. Ive seen youtube bike vs car collisions at lower speeds that have sent the car off spinning.

Even if I was initially speeding. I know for a fact id have rolled off as soon as ive seen the car waiting to pull out, which was pretty far up the road. I just dont trust car drivers and the fact he'd waited there pretty much the full length of time it took me to travel down the road must have made my gut instinct stare at his front wheels. He must have shot out quick if I have chose to try swerving instead. Part of me must have known that at the distance I was to him, I wouldnt have stopped in time if id used my brakes.
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:32 - 11 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have 2k...maybe it's time for a bcf charity thread, we all know how popular they are Wink

I'm shit at maths, but using them force calculators online it seems the kinetic energy of 300kg at 30mph is a good few tons...should shift a car easily! Laughing

Do I post flyby vid or not? Hmmm Thinking

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 11 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahaha!

Btw, here is a video of a bike doing around 30mph managing to spin a car. He hits roughly where I've hit the car that pulled out on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4uo10z3tZ8

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 11 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:
Hahahahaha!

Btw, here is a video of a bike doing around 30mph managing to spin a car. He hits roughly where I've hit the car that pulled out on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4uo10z3tZ8

That guy walks back to his bike like a boss!! ha ha... Big daddy strut.

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 11 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that as I was gonna rip the drivers head off Laughing

Instead, I stood up, felt a pain shoot up from my leg and crawled off the road like a pussy Crying or Very sad

True! It did look like he was going 100mph! Very difficult to judge a bikes speed Wink

Here's my baby on the dyno, not bad for a fiver really!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQQdedQAy18
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 261 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3