BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Free GPZ550 (Image Heavy)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ed Case
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 07 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a bargain off fleabay with a chain for my old 250, an RK for £12.99 delivered, have a shufti there has to be something to fit your budget.

Kozak
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:06 - 11 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - well done getting the bike back on the road - I've got 3 of them, my main ride have had since 1992, then ended up buying 2 others off e-bay as source of spare parts. Few years back stripped the 3rd one, got as far as re-painting the frame but not got it back together again. Are you on the GPz550.com site ? have found it very useful for help and advice.

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 11 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not on the road yet. Laughing Too busy flitting between half-finished projects. Thumbs Up I have been there briefly, but I struggle to find stuff on it, so just left it alone Very Happy

Don't suppose you want a rear disc, do you? Seven bolt holes, to the hub, same internal and external diameter as the original on my bike? I believe it was for the last of the twin-shockers, but may fit others, 50 quid or make an offer! Twisted Evil

It seems like it will be quite a good bike, not too powerful, but not sluggish and I really like the raspy tone from the exhausts. My plan is to get it road-worthy, and see if I like it. If I do, I'm going to go a bit mental tarting it up, but if not, I'll try to sell it on without too much of a loss! Laughing
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ed Case
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 11 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fladdem wrote:
Yep, I've done it again, ordered a chain for a 1982 GPZ550, the year it changed to a Uni-trak rear end, and ordered a bit for a GPZ D1 instead of the H1, they use a 100 link chain and I need a 104 link. Mad

I'll see if they'll swap it for the correct one. If not, I'll either have a spare, for if I fancy trying out a smaller front sprocket, or try to sell it, like my disc. Rolling Eyes

Ed Case wrote:
You haven't told us yet how the wheelbarrow refurb is coming along or are you too tied up messing with this old motorbike ?.

I've just found no time for it. I was thinking about trying to hunt down some OEM handle grips. The front tyre is starting to crack, depending on my usage I may need something slightly stickier compound, I try to push my 'barrows quite fast and I need all the grip I can get. I am half tempted to keep the rat-look and lacquer over the patina, or give it a shock-blast and powdercoated back to original colour, but with faded red/orange pin-stripes to match the grips and wheel. Laughing

Nice one Fladdem....you're doing a great job with the bike, enjoying reading about it. Keep up the good work !.

WULFSTAN
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:20 - 12 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fladdem wrote:
It's not on the road yet. Laughing Too busy flitting between half-finished projects. Thumbs Up I have been there briefly, but I struggle to find stuff on it, so just left it alone Very Happy

Don't suppose you want a rear disc, do you? Seven bolt holes, to the hub, same internal and external diameter as the original on my bike? I believe it was for the last of the twin-shockers, but may fit others, 50 quid or make an offer! Twisted Evil

It seems like it will be quite a good bike, not too powerful, but not sluggish and I really like the raspy tone from the exhausts. My plan is to get it road-worthy, and see if I like it. If I do, I'm going to go a bit mental tarting it up, but if not, I'll try to sell it on without too much of a loss! Laughing
how much were you thinking.
Your backside is better enough for you to run again, if need be – bristle up the courage of the cornered rat, put on a bold front, and to hell with them. Bluff my boy – bluff, shift and lie for the sake of your neck and the honour of Old England
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 17 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided I'm bored of broken bones and so have ignored them and tried to get on with something.

I done carb cleaning! Laughing

Whoever designed this needs shooting!

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/P5160383_zpspmph69oh.jpg

That was after about 40 minutes of wiggling the airbox about to try and clear a space to get the carbs off.

In the end I had to pop the rubber boots between the carbs and the airbox out of place to clear about an inch of space to get the carbs back off the intake stubs. Mad

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/P5160384_zpsqepsnjig.jpg

Finally!

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/P5160385_zpsdh4si0ay.jpg

This was the first bowl, number three was the worst.

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/P5160386_zpss0kxgic2.jpg

A bit manky!

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/P5160387_zpscqxg0yhv.jpg

On one of the carbs, I was clearing out a main jet, gave it a squirt with carb cleaner and a bit of sludge came out! It was very satisfying to see, I've never cleaned a carb that had visible sludge fly out of jets. Laughing I don't think they've ever been touched, every single screw was immaculate.

I would have took more pictures, but some carb cleaner over-sprayed onto the camera and the lens can't pick anything up anymore Laughing

Don't spray carb cleaner on a camera!

I did, however, remember that my phone is capable of camera-ry things. I recorded the start up, it would appear, the battery is knackered, I had it on charge for about 4 hours today and still not enough to light up the idiot lights, out comes the jump pack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X-cqw6DUoM

I would say, she's sucking air. I would also say, it's probably from those stupid rubber connector boots. The ones that haven't been disturbed for thirty years, I suspect.

I also found a couple of loose connectors that need to be traced to somewhere, god knows what they're for.

Good day had by all! Will attempt the forks tomorrow/this week if I feel up to it. Laughing
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:35 - 17 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fladdem wrote:
I've decided I'm bored of broken bones and so have ignored them and tried to get on with something.

I done carb cleaning! Laughing

Whoever designed this needs shooting!

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/P5160383_zpspmph69oh.jpg

That was after about 40 minutes of wiggling the airbox about to try and clear a space to get the carbs off.

In the end I had to pop the rubber boots between the carbs and the airbox out of place to clear about an inch of space to get the carbs back off the intake stubs. Mad

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/P5160384_zpsqepsnjig.jpg

Finally!

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/P5160385_zpsdh4si0ay.jpg

This was the first bowl, number three was the worst.

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/P5160386_zpss0kxgic2.jpg

A bit manky!

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/P5160387_zpscqxg0yhv.jpg

On one of the carbs, I was clearing out a main jet, gave it a squirt with carb cleaner and a bit of sludge came out! It was very satisfying to see, I've never cleaned a carb that had visible sludge fly out of jets. Laughing I don't think they've ever been touched, every single screw was immaculate.

I would have took more pictures, but some carb cleaner over-sprayed onto the camera and the lens can't pick anything up anymore Laughing

Don't spray carb cleaner on a camera!

I did, however, remember that my phone is capable of camera-ry things. I recorded the start up, it would appear, the battery is knackered, I had it on charge for about 4 hours today and still not enough to light up the idiot lights, out comes the jump pack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X-cqw6DUoM

I would say, she's sucking air. I would also say, it's probably from those stupid rubber connector boots. The ones that haven't been disturbed for thirty years, I suspect.

I also found a couple of loose connectors that need to be traced to somewhere, god knows what they're for.

Good day had by all! Will attempt the forks tomorrow/this week if I feel up to it. Laughing

I'm getting some flashbacks, post traumatic stress disorder. Neutral Laughing

I had to take the rear mudguard off to get the back part of the airbox out. I'm strictly against pod filters, but not in this case. Ditch that airbox from hell and buy yourself some pod filters. Laughing

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 17 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was weighing up pod filters, but this is going to become the commuter type machine, which means I don't want water getting drawn in and don't want to fiddle around with jets trying to sort the fuelling afterwards.

I wondered if they were all awful, even with the model changes. Do you reckon I could have ruined the seal and it's sucking air now after disturbing everything?

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 17 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

By GPz standards, you're engine runs like a champ. Thumbs Up
If anything, it's definitely not the ''rubber connector boots'' you had to take from between the airbox and the carbs. It's always a problem with the rubber manifold that holds the carbs in the head, quite possibly some cracks or the carbs not holding in it properly. Thumbs Down

Airbox leaks are worth checking but they never really influence the performance. The airbox is never 100% sealed up, only when you take the air filter out, which is a restriction in the air intake, you will experience terribly lean mixture. Thumbs Up

To check the rubber manifold in the head, just start the engine, make the idle run smoothly and then spray anything flammable onto the rubber manifolds. If the revs raise, you have got air leak and you're gonna need a fresh set of those rubber bits or fix any cracks you'll find. There shall be no leaks between the head and carburetors. Thumbs Up

From my own experience, the only answer is a set of brand new rubber manifolds. Major cracks can't be fixed and the rubber must be soft enough to cope with the heat and to seal the carbs perfectly and so on. Thumbs Down

My advice, I'd just ride it as it is. You can set the idle slower, that will help to find the idle quicker. I assume, you did tighten the screw clamps on the manifolds, didn't you? Smile

Back in the day, I was also a member of GPz550 forum, you can ask there, those people know a lot and even race on the 550's: https://www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/login.asp?target=default2.asp

https://www.jetsrus.com/photos/photo_su005_800a.jpg

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 17 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you mention it, I did two and my dad did two when he came out to see why it was taking so long, I never checked the two clamps he did. But I don't see why he'd leave them loose.

I remember doing the carbs on my dads GS850G, to get them to seat, in the end I got a ratchet strap around the back of the carbs and the frame to pull them in tight enough to tighten up the clamps. Laughing

I'll double check everything, she sounds a bit rumbly, I always forget that's just how they sound though, I don't know whether to sync the carbs or not, I don't know what the signs are that they're out of sync. If I recall correctly, my Varadero 125 used to hang a bit before idling too. And the other bikes are all singles, so rev differently.

I replaced the spark plugs and I had a fiddle with the forks today as well, as the left seal was leaking quite badly and the right seal not so much. Anyway, I got a load of brake cleaner and a tooth brush, cleaned up around the seal and cut out this baby from a milk carton.

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/P5160382_zpsj7cnswnj.jpg

I saw a thing on the internet while looking for tips on replacing fork seals and saw a guy with a tool he'd bought, I decided to make one, I have new seals anyway so felt that this was worth a shot.

The idea is, I think, that you push it down between the seal and the stanchion, run it round and it pulls a load of dirt out the seal and sort of 'resets' the seal. So I did it to both seals after cleaning them out, would you believe it, it worked! They still leaked after a couple of pumps but then stopped. Mr. Green I am going to drop the oil out the forks and replace it and then if they carry on leaking after, I'll do it properly. Thumbs Up

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:21 - 18 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we both have seen the same video. Smile

Please, let us know how did it go, with the carbs. I'm a bit hooked now, I'm gonna look at the market, if I couldn't get a GPz550 again. Razz

Bru
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:49 - 18 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what it is like to weep over the ridiculously tight carb assembly. I try to make life slightly easier for myself by warming the lot before removal, using a cheap fan heater placed at a useful (but safe) distance from the bike. About half an hour should have that area warm, and the rubbers softer.

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 21 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced the fork oil today, the stuff that came out was so full of water and condensation, it was ridiculous. I didn't take any pictures at all, I keep breaking electronic equipment, phones thrown a wobbler now. Rolling Eyes

So, done that, fork seals are still not leaking, which is good. I had a look at the carbs again, would you believe it, my dad hadn't got the connectors from the air-box to the carburettors sitting squarely on cylinder 2, half the venturi was on display at the bottom, the man can electric, but he can't mechanic. Laughing

The rubber boot was folded in at the bottom, instead of sitting squarely. I don't know if that was the cause of the hanging idle, I haven't started it, but I would guess it was. The battery is completely flat and isn't holding any charge and my jump pack is in my parents room for some reason and I don't want to wake my mum up, she works nights.

I need some new rubber front and rear, a fresh battery, put my new chain on and then get her MOT'd. Although I may check the valve clearances and the ignition points before that happens.

Just_James
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:38 - 21 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to try making one of those fork seal tools, might save me a job on the RS2! Thumbs Up

When are you expecting to be fit to ride again? Have you not got that Mito yet?
Previous bikes - 1986 DT125R (field bike), 1989 KX250, 1980 KX420 (with 500cc big bore), 1992 YZ250, 1988 KX500, 1989 XR250R, 1988 VFR400R NC24, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 2008 Rieju RS2 50 , 1993 Honda NSR 125

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 21 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just_James wrote:
Going to try making one of those fork seal tools, might save me a job on the RS2! Thumbs Up

When are you expecting to be fit to ride again? Have you not got that Mito yet?

MITO! I can't believe I forgot about that, I'm meant to be getting it off my mate tomorrow. I need to check one of my other mates managed to get his hands on his bike trailer, him and a couple of his mates went three ways on a trailer. Bloody idiot, Adam. Brick Wall

Yeah, you might as well give it a go, I was a bit sceptical, I'm not sure how temporary the fix is. I just argued that it will either work or it won't, and if it doesn't work, nothing lost because I owned a pair of scissors and an empty milk carton anyway and I was prepared to replace the seals regardless. Laughing

With regards to riding fitness, I think I should be alright mid-june, hopefully earlier, I still can't stand up all day yet and my back hurts, where the broken ribs, I think, are pulling at it. But breathing is easier and the pain has subsided and my face infection has gone down and the bladder infection from the catheter has gone, either that was from the lacerated liver or the catheter, I'm going to blame the hospital though. Laughing

Considering, on Sunday, it will be four weeks since I was dragged out of a car, where the emergency services expected to be pulling out a corpse so there'd be something to bury, instead found me mumbling about motocross, which is where I was meant to be, in a puddle of blood, the hospital reckons I lost 3-4 pints. I'm more annoyed that my blink 182 shirt was cut off me and I lost all but one CD in the accident. Smile

I used to be a Young Fire-Fighter and my mum works in the Fire Station Control, so I knew, and the knew me, quite a few of the fire-fighters. It must have been a bit weird for them to find me, thank God my mum wasn't working that morning and took the call about me. I'm glad there was someone behind me at 7.30 in the morning on a Sunday.

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 07 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the idea of setting off into the horizon armed only with a rucksack full of pot noodles to try my hand at kayaking or wind surfing Laughing I got back to work on this. Not many pictures, because although I took a lot, it was all on my phone and they've all just ended up as indistinguishable blurs.

Tonight I wanted to rebuild the rear master cylinder, it has started leaking and judging by the corrosion, I'm not surprised in the slightest. Rolling Eyes

First, you need to remove that little silver triangle thing/pillion peg bracket. I removed the exhaust pipe too, as it is attached to the bracket underneath the footpeg and it's easier to undo the 10mm clamp than piddle about with the hidden one. I think in the long run it made it easier to take the silencer off anyway to give more space.

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/DSC_01091_zpsunlbf9ct.jpg

I then struggled to disconnect the brake pedal, the clevis had rusted in place and the split pin rusted in the hole, in the end I just snapped the split pin off at both ends and managed to get a file in to get ride of the snaggy bits. I then needed to beat the clevis pin out with a hammer and punch. Once out I could just re-drill the hole, through the split pin.

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/DSC_01111_zpsylx6rtwj.jpg

Then the bolts holding the cylinder in place had seized, they did come out OK and the tap and die set cleaned up the threads nicely. The Jubilee clips around the M/C and the reservoir had corroded as well, meaning the 7mm it was designed to use didn't fit and a flat-blade just mashed it, molegrips fixed it. I'll pinch some split pins and hose clamps from work tomorrow.

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/DSC_01141_zpszxm7brag.jpg

That's as far as I got before I started to lose the daylight. The circlip came out OK, after intense wire brushing and scraping with a pick. I can't however figure out how to get the cap out without damaging anything.

I'm going to bring it into work tomorrow and try again using the fancy work stuff! Thumbs Up

Just_James
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 00:36 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lad! Thumbs Up Karma

Really nice to see you getting stuck back in to this! Whether you stick to 'the plan' is pretty much irrelevant, just great to see you're getting back into one project at least! Very Happy

I knew the pot noodle threat would work Twisted Evil

Watching with interest!
Previous bikes - 1986 DT125R (field bike), 1989 KX250, 1980 KX420 (with 500cc big bore), 1992 YZ250, 1988 KX500, 1989 XR250R, 1988 VFR400R NC24, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 2008 Rieju RS2 50 , 1993 Honda NSR 125

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get any further on the master cylinder. I woke up this morning and knew I needed to take something into work, so I grabbed my broken Snap-On air gun, got to Stratford and then realised I didn't need that, I wanted my master cylinder. Brick Wall

Anyway, a guy on the bay was breaking up a GPZ so I nabbed an indicator, after I broke the original dropping it. Got her on...

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/DSC_01151_zpsajce2hvi.jpg

There's a crack in it though Sad Never mind, I might try to fix it, but I'm not sure how I'd do that, if I figure anything out, I'll do the old one as well and then I'll have a spare knocking about if I crash. Thumbs Up

I want to order some tyres this week, I'm thinking Battlax BT45's seem a good tyre for my predicted use. Has anyone ever ordered tyres off the internet? I can get them cheaper on Oponeo than anywhere local and could have them delivered direct to work, where the tyre machine is, the only issue is, I had a falling out with the boss after I tried to sneak my Mohican back into my appearance and got caught out and I've been banned from working on my own stuff, but that was before I had my accident, she surely won't remember that? Thinking

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing this on the road dude!
Hope it's got a fruity 4-1 too! Wink

I reckon out of all your bike's this will be the one that won't have you Racing M3's or MR2's and every other bike on your commute, and thus be more relaxing and fun in a different way to ride.

I imagine you'll be able to string the 550 out on motorways etc, without getting into triple figures all the time as well.

Bet it's better on fuel than the CRM or TTR as well?

I get around 40-43mpg from my KMX125, my dad's Honda PCX is doing nearer 120mpg when ridden pretty much flat out. Laughing

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should do better on the old movement juice, my uncle got about 60mpg. My CRM will easily drop below 30MPG, the TTR after everything gets about 45-50MPG, the car gets 55MPG, yet I commute by CRM? Thinking My cub gets 110-120 with me on it, my dad can get up to 140!

The 250's seem to encourage flat-out tanking it everywhere, and when I took this for a quick spin round the block, it seemed very lazy, almost boring power delivery, and the poor brakes might help keep me in check.

I'm really not sure what to do with it though. It's growing on me the more I stare at it but I just feel that it's not the shiny bike I want and nor do I want to make it shiny. I would like a bike for distances really, it's not that I won't do them on the 250's, I Just don't trust them not to throw a wobbler and I constantly worry about when the next fuel stop is. For example, snapping a chain and smashing the crank case, or snapping the gear selector retaining post off the inside of the gearbox. Or just the general tyre-chewing, bearing-destroying, chain stretching nature of those two bikes when used for extended road periods combined with roughly an 80 mile total range from full to bone dry on both bikes. Maybe it's also the fact the rider has a broken ego with something to prove and can't resist puling wheelies every time he is in first, second, third or fourth gear. Laughing

It's got MIVV 4-2 pipes made to look like standard, I was debating something else for more noise, she sounds a bit sewing machine-ish.

I think so far the total cost is about £230. Which is still a bargain despite the steep buying price. Laughing

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 09 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get a proper chance to attack the M/C at work today, but I did block off every where then pump a load of air in, nothing moved. I'll leave that for now.

I did however get my new lever in the post today!

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/DSC_01171_zpsian9qlu4.jpg

I put a washer behind the lever and in front of the piston in the master cylinder, to take out some of the slack before the piston starts to move, the brakes aren't rubbing though, so I got lucky with washer thickness selection! Laughing I've been running one on my CRM for ages, that helped with the brakes a lot, so I'm hoping this will help.

I then remembered that the spring snapped on my 2002 Fiesta the other week so I got the shock off tonight, so I'll probably be putting the new spring on tomorrow at work rather than messing about with my brakes, although it looks quite quiet tomorrow so might get a chance to do both. Thumbs Up

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/DSC_01161_zpsb3s4vgbb.jpg

One of the only things I like about my Fiat is the massive boot, I keep the back seats perma-folded so it's my tiny van, everything else is rubbish about that car. Dog likes it though. Laughing

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/DSC_0106-11_zpsdwanngqm.jpg

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:05 - 18 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get the piston out on Thursday Twisted Evil I used a thing called Black Magic by Forch, I put the M/C in the vice on Wednesday night before I went home and left it soaking in the stuff. A lot of prising later with some moles got the thing out!

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/DSC_01251_zpsgxsoxzw1.jpg

The contents, the circlip is missing from that photo though, it sat in a lip in the cylinder bore and held the washer in place.

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/DSC_01261_zpspfqoszl0.jpg

Left it soaking in a tub of Black Magic for the whole day then gave it a quick brush off with a wire brush and cleaned it up.

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/DSC_01271_zpstsah7w7f.jpg

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/DSC_01281_zpsmuymhvp5.jpg

When I put it back on the bike, I smothered everything with copper grease, and put a load inside the dust seal, like a CV boot. Laughing

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/GPZ%20550/DSC_01291_zpsjkuklnpx.jpg

Bled the back brake, all's well once more. Thumbs Up

Maybe not, I adjusted the height of the pedal, so the foot rest isn't sitting on it and now the rear brake light doesn't come on, so there will be more fiddling to come.

Just_James
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 00:15 - 19 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're back on with it! Shocked Thumbs Up

TBH I thought this thread would be deaded since your latest purchase Laughing

Are you still sticking to 'the plan' then? Very Happy aside from buying anything else that flashes before your eyes in the mean time obviously

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, well, some period of time later she gone. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I sold her to the lad I bought the Mito from, he has delusions of grandeur of a cafe racer GPZ/ZXR hybrid, if he can pull it off, it should look awesome.

There she is, loaded up on the back of my Jimny, off to her new home a whopping 5 miles away, at least I'll still have an opportunity to ride it a bit, maybe.

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/Fladdem/12025530_10205097992277018_1012100524_n_zpspoe6pojw.jpg

It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would, I did sulk though last night a bit. Laughing

Just_James
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:00 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should've made him push it if you had to push the Mito from his house! Smile

Do you and your mate just trade bikes between each other? Laughing

Very proud of you for parting with it! Thumbs Up Now, focus..... and try not to feel the need to fill the void it has left! Silence

Keep it up and part with that pit bike too then have mega fundage for MonsTer5 build.... and maybe consider doing something with that Mito too Whistle
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 195 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4