Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Trigger Happy Cops

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:43 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Trigger Happy Cops Reply with quote

A man, who is registered blind, has been tasered by police who claim to have believed that he was carrying a samurai sword. How on earth could they have made such a mistake?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9614225/Policeman-mistakes-blind-mans-stick-for-Samurai-sword.html

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:55 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they trust the exact same morons with firearms. Rolling Eyes

Fruit'n'nut
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:59 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Re: Trigger Happy Cops Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:

tasered by police who claim to have believed that he was carrying a samurai sword. How on earth could they have made such a mistake?

On the face of it, it sounds an incredible and awful mistake.

That said, if the officer was (as seemingly reported) approaching from behind the person carrying a white stick, I suppose from some angles and possibly in low light, it could potentially be mistaken for a blade.

https://www.lep.co.uk/webimage/1.5034227.1350467753!image/4072038541.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/4072038541.jpg

https://www.lep.co.uk/news/local/police-confuse-blind-stick-for-samurai-sword-1-5034230

Flatbadger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen some of these 'Street Cops' type programmes where tazers are presented as something wonderful - in one episode they thought they had someone with a history of violence/firearms who had gone into a shop.

They hid by the door and tazered him as soon as he emerged without even introducing themselves - it turned out they had the wrong bloke anyway.. Evil or Very Mad

daemonoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:06 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

A link from your link...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9586751/Eight-policeman-drag-swimmer-from-pool-after-he-complained-of-being-splashed-by-children.html

Man splashed by annoying kids swears and tells them off, 8 police attend to drag him out of the pool.

It just adds more fuel to my desire to not be part of the UK.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Re: Trigger Happy Cops Reply with quote

Fruit'n'nut wrote:
I suppose from some angles and possibly in low light, it could potentially be mistaken for a blade.

The incident occured at around 5.45PM last Friday. It's not dark at that time of day.

daemonoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Re: Trigger Happy Cops Reply with quote

Fruit'n'nut wrote:
That said, if the officer was (as seemingly reported) approaching from behind the person carrying a white stick, I suppose from some angles and possibly in low light, it could potentially be mistaken for a blade.

Which is why you don't attack first and fact find later! They've shot people carrying table legs or being Brazilian and now confused a blind man's stick with a sword. Perhaps the police need better eyesight tests?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Joncrete Cungle
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

One in the eye for the unthinking morons who clamour for all the rozzers to be armed.
unitynotsocri... This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fruit'n'nut
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:24 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Re: Trigger Happy Cops Reply with quote

daemonoid wrote:

Which is why you don't attack first and fact find later!

OTOH, if somebody, (seemingly) carrying a weapon and (reportedly) ignoring verbal instructions to stop, is allowed to continue and then does attack somebody, who gets criticised?

Raffles, sunset would have been around 18:20-18:30 last weekend in the Northwest, so it might conceivably have been "twilight" or similar, depending on the street lighting conditions in Chorley.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

daemonoid wrote:
A link from your link...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9586751/Eight-policeman-drag-swimmer-from-pool-after-he-complained-of-being-splashed-by-children.html

Man splashed by annoying kids swears and tells them off, 8 police attend to drag him out of the pool.

It just adds more fuel to my desire to not be part of the UK.

This is the sort of stupidity we've come to expect from the popo unfortunately.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

U_W v2.0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah boo i was about to post about this, but thought i'd look to see if someone else did first.

i dont understand how you can mistake it.

https://www.abcmobility.co.uk/pics/2181ZT-WB-C.jpg

https://www.swordsoftheeast.com/ProductImages/kawashima/samurai-swords-KA005.jpg

even though they are both white as a majority colour, they're both pretty damn distinctive!

idiot cops again!

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Re: Trigger Happy Cops Reply with quote

Fruit'n'nut wrote:

OTOH, if somebody, (seemingly) carrying a weapon and (reportedly) ignoring verbal instructions to stop, is allowed to continue and then does attack somebody, who gets criticised?

He wasn't carrying a weapon nor was he about to attack anybody, stupid argument. I doubt the police give a toss about being criticised when they can harass, assault and murder the general public without retribution!

The officer who did this is a danger to the public and should be fired then done for assault.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Re: Trigger Happy Cops Reply with quote

Fruit'n'nut wrote:
Raffles, sunset would have been around 18:20-18:30 last weekend in the Northwest, so it might conceivably have been "twilight" or similar, depending on the street lighting conditions in Chorley.

At 5.45PM this evening, I was in an area of Yorkshire that is around the same distance from the equator as Chorley. It was still daylight. Twilightey conditions didn't begin until approx 30 minutes later.

Redoko
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fewer things p!ss me off than people who can't do their jobs properly.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:20 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen a video of the bloke they tazered. He can hardly effing walk let alone attack anyone. He has already had 2 strokes and as said is just about blind. They could have killed him with a tazer. I hope he sues the arse off them, and I'm not usually one to support that.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 22:40 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cop in question will just get a good telling off for embarrassing the force and any investigation will find his actions justified as he thought himself, or some random member of the public, were in danger.

Go on, when sorted look back on this and post if I'm wrong! Evil or Very Mad

Mushroom
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 04:31 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was recently reading about how these mismatches between reality and action take place.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blink-Power-Thinking-Without/dp/0141014598/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1350531031&sr=1-1

Dam interesting.

bazablue
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 05:53 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
The cop in question will just get a good telling off for embarrassing the force and any investigation will find his actions justified as he thought himself, or some random member of the public, were in danger.

Go on, when sorted look back on this and post if I'm wrong! Evil or Very Mad
the real problem is the selection process .these cops are being chosen by people who have never done the job themselves and add to that mr blunkett and co,s dumbing down of every occupation......you get what you pay for and it reflects society!!!!Its not the individuals fault,its the management/selection process..the individual is just in the wrong job and not capable....but thats what the politicians want,theyve destroyed the standing of every vocation ....look at hillsborough,...total BAD management by the police hierarchy...sign of the future me thinks...

Fruit'n'nut
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 06:53 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually_Wrong wrote:
ah boo i was about to post about this, but thought i'd look to see if someone else did first.

i dont understand how you can mistake it.

https://www.abcmobility.co.uk/pics/2181ZT-WB-C.jpg

https://www.swordsoftheeast.com/ProductImages/kawashima/samurai-swords-KA005.jpg

even though they are both white as a majority colour, they're both pretty damn distinctive!

idiot cops again!

Not every cane is multi-coloured. Not every "samurai sword" is a katana or similar. Not every report made to the police is entirely accurate in every detail.

Fruit'n'nut
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 06:58 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Re: Trigger Happy Cops Reply with quote

mr jamez wrote:
Fruit'n'nut wrote:

He wasn't carrying a weapon nor was he about to attack anybody, stupid argument.

The officer presumably thought he was carrying a weapon though, or he wouldn't have used his Taser. (Unless he really was just a bully-boy Rolling Eyes .)

What about the man who was arrested a short distance away as a result of the same incident, and who was carrying a sword?

If somebody's carrying a weapon in public, what do you think it's being carried for?

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:29 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'm glad to hear the old fart was ok after being tazered by the police, or as the policeman told him, after being struck by lightning.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:36 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Re: Trigger Happy Cops Reply with quote

Fruit'n'nut wrote:
Raffles wrote:

tasered by police who claim to have believed that he was carrying a samurai sword. How on earth could they have made such a mistake?

On the face of it, it sounds an incredible and awful mistake.

https://www.lep.co.uk/webimage/1.5034227.1350467753!image/4072038541.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/4072038541.jpg

https://www.lep.co.uk/news/local/police-confuse-blind-stick-for-samurai-sword-1-5034230

And? Was he being violent or aggressive? Nope he was just walking along and they tasered him in the back. Scumbags, they didn't think it was a sword at all i'd wager, they were just having some chav fun.

daemonoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:33 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Re: Trigger Happy Cops Reply with quote

Fruit'n'nut wrote:
The officer presumably thought he was carrying a weapon though, or he wouldn't have used his Taser. (Unless he really was just a bully-boy Rolling Eyes .)

Oh, he thought eh? That's alright then. How about you try that one next time - "I thought it was 50mph here", "I thought the light was green".

And that's not counting mistaking a white stick carried by a doddery old blind man for a samurai sword is plain ridiculous. The cop went for it without taking even a moment to look at what he was dealing with.

Fruit'n'nut wrote:
What about the man who was arrested a short distance away as a result of the same incident, and who was carrying a sword?

Did he get tasered too? Or did the cop who dealt with him handle it more professionally?

Fruit'n'nut wrote:
If somebody's carrying a weapon in public, what do you think it's being carried for?

Same could be asked of a white stick...

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 09:37 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Re: Trigger Happy Cops Reply with quote

Fruit'n'nut wrote:

Thank God he didn't have a table leg wrapped in a Tesco bag, he'd be dead now.

See thats the thing about those tasers, they can be used at a distance as they shoot out the prongs AND ONLY THEN DO YOU PULL THE TRIGGER FOR THE ELECTRIC SHOCK. So the way around this is to shoot out the prongs, ask them to stop and IF they don't shock them.

I suggest you learn pretty damn quick that not everything the Police do is correct or you, as a Policeman will simply be encouraging the public to arm up and shoot first and that officer that gets shot could be you.

You Police by consent, that can stop as the last few years have shown.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 184 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4