Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Puig Windscreen for Honda CG125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Krad Oren
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:13 - 12 Mar 2014    Post subject: Puig Windscreen for Honda CG125 Reply with quote

Anyone any experience with these?

Thinking about fitting one to mine but unsure if it will fix/look alright on the headlight mount.
Amazon are selling something similar
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Puig-screen-Yamaha-YBR125-CUSTOM/dp/B00B153VZE

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5506/10782468845_24b83e19fa_k.jpg

Ben90
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:54 - 12 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted a Puig one to my YBR a couple of weeks back - same model of screen fits both the CG and the YBR.

In short, I wouldn't be without it. Well worth the money in my opinion, riding at speed of even 30mph is much more comfortable with the huge reduction in wind buffeting on your chest and partially the helmet. Looks good too. Smile I prefer it to the genuine Yam one.

The instructions supplied show different shaped mounting plates which had me worried at first, but after a quick test fit I had it all figured out and it was fitted easily.

You can buy it in black, dark smoke or light smoke. The one you've pictured is probably light smoke.

Good price there, I had mine shipped from germany for £28 plus £6 p&p.

Krad Oren
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:29 - 12 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben90 wrote:
Fitted a Puig one to my YBR a couple of weeks back - same model of screen fits both the CG and the YBR.

In short, I wouldn't be without it. Well worth the money in my opinion, riding at speed of even 30mph is much more comfortable with the huge reduction in wind buffeting on your chest and partially the helmet. Looks good too. Smile I prefer it to the genuine Yam one.

The instructions supplied show different shaped mounting plates which had me worried at first, but after a quick test fit I had it all figured out and it was fitted easily.

You can buy it in black, dark smoke or light smoke. The one you've pictured is probably light smoke.

Good price there, I had mine shipped from germany for £28 plus £6 p&p.

Awesome, sounds good then. What type did you fit to yours? Light/Dark/Transparent.

I'd like to go for something the same as pictured, I'm assuming that one is light smoke at 30%

Its hard to tell from the Amazon images as the Light Smoke 30% shows an almost transparent image.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Puig-screen-Yamaha-YBR125-CUSTOM/dp/B00B153UHI/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A186C6N5FI9DRX

and this ones shows a pitch black one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Puig-screen-Yamaha-YBR125-CUSTOM/dp/B00B153VZE/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A186C6N5FI9DRX

Sad

Ben90
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:05 - 12 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Here's a dark smoke one

I was put off by the black one as I have a black bike and didn't want the screen to look like a part of the bodywork.

Found the Puig website, turns out they do the screen in all kinds of colours Shocked

HTH

Krad Oren
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:30 - 12 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben90 wrote:
EDIT: Here's a dark smoke one

I was put off by the black one as I have a black bike and didn't want the screen to look like a part of the bodywork.

Found the Puig website, turns out they do the screen in all kinds of colours Shocked

HTH

Yeah been searching the part numbers on amazon and ebay from their site. Might have to do a contact local seller or something.

Ones on Amazon are either Smoke REF 4320H or Black REF 4320N

The one I want is Dark Smoke REF. 4320F. Right inbetween Smoke and Black xD.

Personally if its not an iridium screen I'd not want a colour coded screen, either transparent, black or iridium for me Smile

Ben90
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:47 - 12 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The '90% black tinted' screen I linked in had the part number 4320F, if you scroll down it states it in the little table.

Krad Oren
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:11 - 13 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben90 wrote:
The '90% black tinted' screen I linked in had the part number 4320F, if you scroll down it states it in the little table.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Legend!!!!!!

DottyDuck
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:25 - 14 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thread OP Thumbs Up I have been looking at the same screen for my bike and I am definitely going to get one when funds allow! Smile Not sure what colour i will pick though. I am thinking black?!

DottyDuck
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:21 - 06 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you buy one, op?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 358 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1