Moto Guzzi Strada R.I.P. ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:33 - 14 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better place is subjective, but get a new bike ASAP Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:38 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/Moto%20Guzzi%20750%20Strada/DSC_3576_zps16dea31c.jpg
At 1am just unloaded and locked up with the Dawg and Pup and the 3 other Honda's,poor Little thing he's over run with Honda's

Ok time to get the spanners out and clean him

Ok one for the Girls He needs a name
TheSmiler: binning it is better than going around a roundabout the wrong way

Last edited by SnowTigeress on 17:22 - 18 Apr 2014; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

noobRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a she Exclamation What have I done? Shocked

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 14:26 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnowTigeress wrote:
....He needs a name
noobRider wrote:

I think you're missing the point that 'she' would like to be riding a tall dark handsome Italian (cue "Robert De Niro's Waiting..."). I'm sure Freud would be all over that Wink

Best of luck with the repair, keep posting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

noobRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
I think you're missing the point ...

I get it, I'm just horrified. She's temperamental, slim and gorgeous, with a beautiful pair up front. She didn't have a name but she was definitely a girl! Confused

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:50 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobRider wrote:

When you signed the V5 she had a sex change Razz

map wrote:
I think you're missing the point that 'she' would like to be riding a tall dark handsome Italian!
Done the Italian,Ok he wasn't Dark,maybe that was the problem.

map wrote:
Best of luck with the repair, keep posting!

Thanks I might need it....But got the V50 Workshop Manual and the 750 Strada Workshop Manual Supplement ordered.... Shocked,Still cant believe i now have a Guzzi.

Just been out and gave it a good wash,see how HE looks after if i need to go over the engine a bit more..........have left the spanners alone A.T.M. oh and insuranced tpft £101.08

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 16:08 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobRider wrote:
map wrote:
I think you're missing the point ...

I get it, I'm just horrified. She's temperamental, slim and gorgeous, with a beautiful pair up front. She didn't have a name but she was definitely a girl! Confused

You haven't been in 'Random Banter Lately' have you?
They can have ALL that, and have a Shaft between thier legs, you know.
Maybe THAT'S how this has all come about?

There you go Snowie, "Lola-Guzzi"... like your tat, and in tribute to Ray Davis / Kinks song.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 16:15 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
...There you go Snowie, "Lola-Guzzi"... like your tat, and in tribute to Ray Davis / Kinks song.

Very Happy Made me think of Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side"...Holly came from Miami F.L.A....Shaved her legs and then he was a she".

noobRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just phoned my insurance to say I sold her/him. I've got 7 days to get a new bike or I'll lose this years no-claims! I'm thinking about this:
Sprint 955 ST

Edit: the shaft is why you got her/him, so maybe you're right: a transgendered bike.

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:34 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobRider wrote:
I'm thinking about this:
Sprint 955 ST

Gets a thumbs up from me

Edit: Thumbs Up

noobRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:32 - 16 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought the Sprint ST. Picking it up tonight. Bounce!

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:45 - 16 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobRider wrote:
Sweet hope you enjoy it Thumbs Up Just found something on fleabay that might get the Strada up and running going to look at it tomorrow.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:08 - 16 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is going to be worlds apart from the old hunk of machinery you had Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:55 - 16 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobRider wrote:

Is that the model where the hub seizes up and you can't adjust the chain?

noobRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 16 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
Yup, that's the one Rolling Eyes

Rogue_Shadow
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 16 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss Noobrider Sad
Look forward to seeing what Tef & Snowy make of it all
Don't go hiding the progress thread ! I want to know! Laughing

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 16 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobRider wrote:
Shaft wrote:
Yup, that's the one Rolling Eyes

Well, you have plenty of experience of the effects of long term final drive neglect, so I'm sure you won't let that happen again Wink

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 00:17 - 17 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobRider wrote:

Looks nice. Look forward to pics.
Rogue_Shadow wrote:
Sorry for your loss Noobrider Sad
Look forward to seeing what Tef & Snowy make of it all
Don't go hiding the progress thread ! I want to know! Laughing

Err... yeah... well... You may remember that the 'Pup-Project' was my attempt at stopping THAT woman taking my 750 to bits!
I have, since November, THINKING the dust had settled and it was safe to go back into my back garden again.... been trying to find them all and put them together again.
Now THIS happens!
Today, I was trying to get back on track after the hyatus; I have a petrol tank in bare metal, with POR15 curing in it, that needs painting, so I went to my local body-shop supply shop; blatent plug; Nuneaton Replacement Panels... great bunch, to look at swatches. I want black, but not quite black... she hopped in the car and the next thing I know I am at the back of the queue whilst she waves Strada Side panel about in different lights looking for a colour match! FYNE! I wait.
We come home. I start trying to get the last bit of panel prep done on the tail cowling... next thing I know 'we' have had a phone call, and I and cheafuering the woman to meet a chap called Tom, from the Moto-Guzzi UK Owners Club, to look at and measure up a V50 Swing arm!
This was, if anything SUPPOSED to be to keep HER busy, so I could get on with stuff!
Adding insult to injury? Got asked when I was going to get my 'junk' shifted so that SHE could start working on the Guzzi!
HEY! Its only JUNK 'cos YOU took it to BITS, missy!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:26 - 17 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
HEY! Its only JUNK 'cos YOU took it to BITS, missy!
Me taking it to bits got you motivated to fix it Razz

and look the strada looks like he's at the junk yard Rolling Eyes

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10157196_10203554901863303_3883491741931635085_n.jpg

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 00:41 - 17 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnowTigeress wrote:
and look the strada looks like he's at the junk yard Rolling Eyes

Err... y-e-s... 40% of that 'junk' though, darling is YOURS!
And I didn't need 'motivating' to fix anything! I just needed MONEY for a new pair of tyres! It didn't even need painting, until you dropped whatever it was on the tank! £90! NINETY QUID! For that paint! Even MORE money needed... NOT 'motivation'!
Stop motivating me! I CANT AFFORD IT! Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 5 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3