Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2005 Burgman 400, Glasgow area, £1250

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:02 - 13 Mar 2014    Post subject: 2005 Burgman 400, Glasgow area, £1250 Reply with quote

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAyNFg3OTc=/z/BwwAAMXQPatTIfLo/$_80.JPG

More pictures in the Gumtree ad.

2005 Burgman 400 K4 maxi scooter, in the best colour - blue. Located in East Kilbride, ready to ride away, with MOT until 21st October 2014, and tax until the end of June.

It's a roomy, very comfy scooter with a vast luggage capacity. It'll hold 75 all day without a fuss, or thread through traffic surprisingly well - it's only as wide as the mirrors, after all. 60mpg+ is easily achievable, with a tank range in excess of 150 miles, probably nearer 180 if you want to play chicken with the fuel gauge.

I bought it last year, changed the oil and filters immediately and it's done less than 1,000 miles since then. I'll happily do another oil change while-you-wait for the new owner. New rear brake pads went on 500 miles ago, and there's plenty left in the fronts.

The rear tyre has life in it, but the front will need replacing fairly soon. The front brake lever isn't as sharp as it could be, but it's got fancy linked brakes and the "rear" brake lever actually engages both brakes so it stops well enough.

It's not going to win any beauty contests and it isn't my pride and joy, it's a commuter tool. It's been ridden through winter and in traffic. It's picked up a few scuffs and scars, and some paint has flaked off near the pillion backrest and been healed with Mr Hammerite's best black gloop. Set your expectations accordingly.

However, you don't see that when you're on it, and it's an immensely practical vehicle, great at filtering through stop-start, and surprisingly strong away from the lights and on the open road too.

Extras are: heated grips, a 2-helmet sized top box, and the Tucano Termoscud apron shown. This is a great bit of kit which makes riding in cold or wet weather a pleasure rather than a chore. It doubles as a cover so you always come back to a dry seat, rolls back in seconds during our 5 minute periods of sunshine, or removes in minutes.

If your budget doesn't stretch to the asking price, I'm happy to discuss removing the box and/or apron.

You're very welcome to a test ride on production of a motorcycle insurance certificate showing cover for other bikes, and with the full asking price in my hand.

No swaps or PayPal. Cash or direct bank transfer only
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 39 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1