Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BSB Testing Snetterton 8/9 April - worth going?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:05 - 22 Mar 2014    Post subject: BSB Testing Snetterton 8/9 April - worth going? Reply with quote

Like the title says really, bit of advice from anybody who has been to a testing session.

Official testing at Snetterton for those 2 days falls within the first week of the kids Easter holidays. As it's free entry for the day I thought it would be a good way to spend a day with the boy doing something.

Question is, as I've never been to a BSB test, is it worth going? Will I have a bored 9 year old or is there enough going on to make it interesting?

Apparently there will be BSB ,British Supersport, Superstock, Ducati TriOptions and Triumph Triple Challenge testing going on.

Cheers.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:08 - 22 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be like going to watch a track day.

I went to the testing at Brands. If you're into it, it's the best kept secret as you can mooch right into the pit lane/through the garages of the top BSB teams.

That said your young 'un may get bored with watching bikes go round and round with nothing else going on, and you may get bored when there's not much BSB action.

https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6048/6856952764_038351d676_o.jpg

https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6044/6856952688_46c35f9e84_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7051/7003067721_921ac1119f_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7280/7003068121_21f0775f8d_o.jpg

Think you're meant to be 16 to be in the pitlane anyway, it's not really the place to mess about as it's v busy most of the time.

Last edited by Wafer_Thin_Ham on 10:11 - 22 Mar 2014; edited 1 time in total

Red Devil
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:10 - 22 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be just like watching a track day so pretty dull really. Although because it is just testing you will have more access and be able to walk around and have a closer look at some of the bikes which your lad might like.

Might be worth it for a few hours if it's close but better off waiting for a race weekend if not. There was a real buzz around the crowd/paddock at every weekend I went to last year which was good, I'm pit crewing for a mate in the 848 challenge this year so can't wait for it to start again!
Thundersport Pre-National Sport 600 2014 #92
EMRA Roadstock 600 2013 - 3rd
www.facebook.com/MattJohnstonRacing

Red Devil
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 22 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big ham beat me too it! Very Happy
Thundersport Pre-National Sport 600 2014 #92
EMRA Roadstock 600 2013 - 3rd
www.facebook.com/MattJohnstonRacing

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 22 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:

That makes sense.

Should be OK, when we do a race day he really enjoys the pitwalks and getting up close to the riders and the teams.

Thumbs Up

The vet
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:58 - 22 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt B wrote:
Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:

That makes sense.

Should be OK, when we do a race day he really enjoys the pitwalks and getting up close to the riders and the teams.

Thumbs Up

I went last year & spent most of the day in pit lane hanging over the wall watching them on track ( you'll never do that on race day, unless you've the right pass) then walk straight in the garages (well 90% them) for a photo & chat it's very open & friendly on these test days but not all teams go & if your lads under 16 pit lane will be off limits to him but not the garages , I'll be going again this year don't know what day yet Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1