Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My first geared bike!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

RealAshGraham
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:23 - 14 Apr 2014    Post subject: My first geared bike! Reply with quote

After staying off two wheels since my crash last September..(woman in a Clio pulled out of Tescos carpark without looking and demolished my chinky scoot resulting in me being airlifted)..

Decided I needed to MTFU and get myself a new ride, so splashed out a little on a 12 plate, 1000 mile Honda CBR 125..

Took a while for me to get used to the gears and clutch.. for the first week kept stalling as I still had the twist-and-go mindset!

Here's a few pictures of her..

https://i.imgur.com/aOeqHFK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IqwKFcr.jpg

DottyDuck
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:00 - 14 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice Thumbs Up The best thing to do is to work out where the "biting point" is. (not sure if you can drive or not) but basically let the clutch out slowly until it starts moving and then give it a few revs and continue with letting your clutch out SLOWLY!. When i first got a geared bike although i did my CBT on one I was still not 100% confident on it so the best thing to do is to find somewhere quiet, be it a car park or road, and practise clutch control Smile I remember when I use to avoid a road on my way home because it had a huge hill on it. Literally avoided it like the plague but now I don't think twice about it lol

RealAshGraham
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 02:44 - 14 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOTTYDUCK wrote:
Looks nice Thumbs Up The best thing to do is to work out where the "biting point" is. (not sure if you can drive or not) but basically let the clutch out slowly until it starts moving and then give it a few revs and continue with letting your clutch out SLOWLY!. When i first got a geared bike although i did my CBT on one I was still not 100% confident on it so the best thing to do is to find somewhere quiet, be it a car park or road, and practise clutch control Smile I remember when I use to avoid a road on my way home because it had a huge hill on it. Literally avoided it like the plague but now I don't think twice about it lol

Yeah, there's a few hills I avoid, especially in rush hour traffic.. nothing worse then stalling, getting all worked up and rushing because people are beeping and then carrying on stalling.

Getting hang of it a little bit more now, just keep having problem with not knocking it up a gear hard enough with the boots, and then shitting myself a few seconds later when it either puts itself into neutral or goes down a gear.. bouncing off the red line and making a load of racket!

Heated grips are a load of bollocks too! The Low/High settings seem to be Freezing Cold/Lets melt your hand and gloves-hot!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 8 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1