Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Motorhispania Furia 50cc Project

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dan Moto
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:18 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Motorhispania Furia 50cc Project Reply with quote

Right to start off with my names Dan and I joined the forum today. Last Friday I picked up a non running but complete Furia 50cc as a project. (I only have my CBT and car licence so only small engines for me at the mo)I have been told it's had an engine rebuild but it's been sat since 2012. 06 plate 20k on the clocks. Anyhow the plan is to strip and completely rebuild it from top to bottom pretty much replacing everything.
Things to do are:
Strip and paint frame
New Rental Bars/grips
New road moto wheels/bearings
Aftermarket clutch/brake levers
Hand and lever guards
Aftermarket foot pegs rider/pillon
New aftermarket exhaust
New chain and sprockets
New hoses and cables
New pads and discs
New moto mudguard
Complete engine rebuild totally new parts
As you can see I have started stripping her already.
Also as a tip fairy power spray for removing paint from plastics, spray and leave for 20 mins peels, flakes off.
https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/image_515.jpg
Going for a white paint with lots of blue accessories with a black frame.

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet little bikes, dont be tempted by anodised bolts, they are shit and fade, stick to stainless for the bolts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the motor going to stay at 49cc when you do the full re-build?

Nice little project though!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan Moto
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 07:52 - 16 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmnz wrote:
sweet little bikes, dont be tempted by anodised bolts, they are shit and fade, stick to stainless for the bolts

Not to keen anodised bolts myself stainless look better in my opinion.

Dan Moto
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 08:00 - 16 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Is the motor going to stay at 49cc when you do the full re-build?

Nice little project though!

Not sure yet I am not mechanically minded so this could go either way, I don't mind learning and a challenge. It's my first engine rebuild so fingers crossed. It's got the am6 engine apparently highly modifiable, so maybe go down the as much power as I can squeeze from it route without breaking it. Was going to do engine last so I can get as much info as possible and hopefully some help so I don't screw it up.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 16 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think engine last is a very good idea, as it's surprising just how much re-build budget it can swallow up, and you never get to see any nice bits where your money went.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan Moto
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:27 - 17 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I think engine last is a very good idea, as it's surprising just how much re-build budget it can swallow up, and you never get to see any nice bits where your money went.

Well that is the plan, I'm on the bay at the mo getting a rough guide on prices. I want it to stand out but not in a cheap, tacky kind of way. Think costs are over a few hundred and that's just on looks. Shocked missus won't be happy Evil or Very Mad but I will work my way round her Cool

Dan Moto
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:05 - 20 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off hi to all. Finally found some time to start stripping the bike.(kids are on school holidays so had the tribe at my feet.) for my first build stripping it has not been as daunting as I thought it would be, I took pictures of the wiring before taking the loom out, left the rear light, indicators and the plate holder attached so I know which is the ar*e end of the loom. Just the engine and a few bits to get out/off next. The frame is a bit scabbier than I expected and I didn't notice the missing rider peg but it wouldn't be a project then would it. This is how she stands at the mo.
https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/image_151.jpg

Also popped down to halfords today and picked up a socket set for £24.99, ideal for this type of thing also has a life time guarantee for piece of mind. Will post more pics later. Also any one have any advice on the type of welder I should buy someone said MIG is easiest for beginners.was going to practice on an old frame. I fancy fabricating some one-off bits for the bike.

Dan Moto
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:30 - 21 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've come to get the engine out and have notice it's damaged in two places see pics provided. Should I invest in another one or repair this any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/image_181.jpg
On the case near the front sprocket.

https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/image_176.jpg
On the case near the kick start.

It's an am6 50cc

Dan Moto
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:25 - 21 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the cause after inspection pics in workshop.

Dan Moto
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:27 - 21 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after finding the cause it's been recommended I source another am6 engine. It's not a bad thing as now I have a spare to practice taking apart and putting back together, also for some spare parts, the one I'm watching on the bay is running but won't select first gear so if I win it will strip both and make a good one. I am also watching a naraku piston kit and crank shaft and a naraku complete seal set. Has anyone used these if so how are they. New clutch plates and various other bits. But first it's time to get the frame stripped, sanded, primed and painted. Also if anyone has any advice on what type if welder I should purchase I asked previously but no reply as I fancy fabricating a few one off bits for the bike and also to repair a few things someone said MIG is best for begginers. And has anyone ever turbo'd a 50cc before? Shocked Laughing

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 22 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look like quite a nice strong chassis for a 50cc motor. I do believe it could when re-freshed suspension and brake wise, handle quite a bit more power than it has as std.

I don't think Forced induction is realistically viable on a 50cc 2stroke engine, but a top quality 75/80cc big bore kit and a re-built crank would be. I am sure you can even get uprated stronger cranks for these engines, specifically designed for using with big bore kits. You might even be able to get stroker cranks for them too?

Dan Moto
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:51 - 22 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
It does look like quite a nice strong chassis for a 50cc motor. I do believe it could when re-freshed suspension and brake wise, handle quite a bit more power than it has as std.

I don't think Forced induction is realistically viable on a 50cc 2stroke engine, but a top quality 75/80cc big bore kit and a re-built crank would be. I am sure you can even get uprated stronger cranks for these engines, specifically designed for using with big bore kits. You might even be able to get stroker cranks for them too?

Was watching turbo'd am6 on youtube and was wondering if anyone had done it. For more power was thinking big bore route but haven't the foggiest how it's done. This is totally new to me I'm learning as I go along.

Dan Moto
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:02 - 05 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone quick update not got much done due to money being tight at the mo, but will make some progress next week hopefully. Also having trouble finding an am6 engine they like rocking horse crap lol, came close to one on ebay but seller said scrap man had pinched it. So no luck. Anyhow I'm thinking of putting a 125cc engine in it and wondered if anyone had one with loom or without for a reasonable price. Or even casings for an am6 seen these on the bay but not sure wether to buy them any advice would be helpful. Item No: 231144370290
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 358 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1