Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Paddy's biking life, how it started.. to now!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Conzar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:44 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

We want Part.2 !!!!
https://wordspy.com/graphics/torch-and-pitchfork.jpg
11:05:35 Rob Fzs: i just wanna own an rd350 valve before they send us to war with durkadurkastan

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:56 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delay is due to a - forgetting and b - dem working hours. Such busy, many work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Conzar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It k Paddeh
11:05:35 Rob Fzs: i just wanna own an rd350 valve before they send us to war with durkadurkastan

Knacker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Delay is due to a - forgetting and b - dem working hours. Such busy, many work.

Crap excuses Paddy Get on with Part 2 I'm sat here in suspense!!!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:33 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do it tonight, promiseseseseses
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BravoCharlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:04 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do we want?!

PART 2!

When do we want it?!

Whenever it's not too much trouble!

SQL
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://lachroniquefaciledumercredi.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/moar_.jpeg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:19 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just doing the tags Wink

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:30 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom...

Ooooh Part 2 - This is probably more boring as there are no real accidents here Sad

Well my RS eventually broke, standard stuff really. I part ex'd this to G whilst buying an SV650 from him.

The SV was alright, was nice to have a bit more power than a 125 but it was fairly boring, no decent surge of power, just plodded along.

Kept this for a while until it started to eat batteries, then its own electrical system. Ended up doing a deal with G and then ended up with a...

GSXR750Y Smile

This bike, little tatty but all in all a nice runner. I believe I got it at 28,500 miles, memory is a little sketchy with that but I know I sold it with 47,000 miles.

This bike went through various stages, colours, I even took it off road. Various bits broke, speedo sensor, started burning oil and was leaking oil prior to that. It had many remedies and quick fixes but it was still an amazing bike to bomb around on.

I had one real accident on it, was no ones fault really as shit happens but was heading round a nice long corner near the coast and felt the back squirm. It had deflated almost instantly. The valve itself had let the core go and then made me drop the bike spectacularly. Luckily a nice driver had some spare cores, no idea how or why but he aided me and I ended up riding home Smile

Ended up selling for what I paid essentially and went on a hunt that night for the right bike. I found this.

Yamaha Thundercat 1999, orange and silver. Made a last minute bid on eBay and went and picked up the following day.
First bike I felt real planted on, perfect size, weight, rode so well despite being at 41,000 miles. I covered around 6k on this, went to the BCF BBQ on it and generally fucked around. Never really gave it stick, did a handful of wheelies but found it was lacking something, I wasn't smiling at all. Off to eBay I go.

Sold the bike in a few days, was quite pleased as I got more than I paid for it.

Same day, as always...
I bought a TTR600... in supermoto trim.
FUCK that was loud. I got a lot of disapproving head shaking from the parents when they took me to pick it up.
Kickstart only, was a fucker. You soon get used to it but yeah, it was very punchy when you kicked it wrong Laughing
This gave me massive lols... I got in so much trouble with this. BBQ 2012 caused the lady to go full rampage and refuse to let me back in. See video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZf6Y5o14Xo

After getting some police action and some reports of hooliganism, thought its best if I remove this bike from my life. Ended up trading for a...

2003 CBR600RR.

Such a good bike, was stupidly clean, went like shit off a shovel above half revs. Unsure why I sold it really, I think I really wanted a litre bike but until I sold it, I had much fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGodewJk2DI

If I could find the wheelie video, I'd up it but it was the first time on an actual road bike that I'd gone from 1st > 3rd whilst in the air from around 30mph and landing a shade over 100mph Laughing

After selling to Wave, I got my good friend J.M. to go and view a bike not too far from him and just go over it, check for various bits and bobs. Ended up buying it, around June 2013, a month before going abroad.

J.M. kindly rode it down to me, he wanted one anyway so thought might as well treat him, I now owned a;

2001 Yamaha R1.

First day I took it for a ride before anyone had woken up, was lovely outside and went to rag the shit out of it. Surprised how well it handled for a 12 year old bike, didn't hang about, felt sold on the road and I thought yeah, this is it. I like this.

Ended up booking a holiday a few months back with J.M. and _Iain_ to Spain via the ferry, R1, perfect tool for the job Laughing Can't say I can fault it, got superb mpg, high 40s touching 50s on the motorway, fully loaded it still reached the end of the speedo, ended up seeing 307kmh on the clock which is rather excessive in a tshirt Shocked

Should add, this was my first time out of the country... definitely abroad Laughing Wrong side of the road was natural after a day or two, prefer it!

https://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w564/iainsimpson/Facebook/Spain/1003313_10153035177920054_369796700_n.jpg

Sadly, all things come to an end... when I had returned, I ended up doing the worst trade I've ever done... more in a bit.

Though I had the TTR/CBR600 and the R1, I had my Varadero by my side always. It has been and always be the most useful bike I've ever owned. Sold it finally on 77,000 to moppy, well, traded for a ZXR750 with a "B4" 9R engine in there. the Vara had not let me down for the whole year I had owned it, all weathers, rain, snow, ice, sun... it was there, in fact it was that good it outpaced many many riders on the 2am ride we had, and I was 2 up. Laughing

So, my R1 trade, that ended up going to J D and I got a;

Suzuki TL1000S.
It was running a bit iffy, upon stripping down it was getting fuck all fuel pressure, injector seals were screwed, someone had bodged a big filter on there and to be honest, it was shit. I bought a power commander, got the fueling sorted, filed out the inlet rubbers as they were Jap spec, so 77hp Laughing Ended up running so damn well, then I loaned to Doovy for a while as he sold his Hornet. Unfortunately it got damaged through no fault of Doovy, so I decided I'd get a full respray as it was cheaper than the new panel... Ended up in white like so.

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b545/paddynewman/tlwhite_zps4e319fa1.jpeg

Oddly enough, even after removing the steering damper, it was still boring, it made a thunderous noise but didn't really appeal any more, shame as that noise...

Ended up buying a KTM 200 EXC, 9 months tax/test and fully rebuilt. Badly. Spent time in the shop while my hand was broken having various oil pump bits set up, carb rebuilt, cables replaced etc. It is pretty much a hooligan tool that I have already crashed into a hedge attempting to do stoppies and pretty much flipped doing wheelies... buy one. It is currently undergoing a supermoto conversion Mr. Green

Moved onto the ZXR750 I traded the Varadero for, this was an oddball bike, suspension hard enough to vibrate fillings loose, fast enough to blitz 95% of road users and the weight of a camel. You could feel its age, things were not "right" like steering felt off, forks felt rather stiff though having correct oil, the ride was overly painful on my recently fixed broken hand. I'm not even sure what happened to it, my memory is that fuzzy.

I then bought Nemo's Kawasaki ER5 for commuting duties. It did the job but was as you expect from a 500 twin, it was dire and made you want to hang yourself every single day. I used this for a fair while until I ended up selling to Pyro so he could have something faster than 60mph again and I just happened to have picked up my friends crashed bike...

Honda Blackbird' 00

This fucker has had me want to tear my hair out and set it on fire, various issues being that it wouldn't start and when it did, it killed the battery. I had to push this 1/4 ton behemoth over a mile home and fuck did I ache the next day. New stator, reg/rec and battery, the bitch wouldn't start. It now has 2 batteries that spin it over fast enough to fire, but the 2nd battery doesn't charge as its between the starter + and the battery +, so essentially a 24v starter. Thanks to Pete, I have "reliable" transport again.

Currently, I have the KTM and the Blackbird. This is likely to change at some point, but currently, the KTM is fantastic fun and the Blackbird is reliable. I am looking for a spare bike, something reliable and capable of 80mph, so perhaps I need a little 250/400, but eventually the Blackbird will be stripped down to very little, then some magic spinning turbo will find its way on there, somehow. Time will tell.

I have more than likely missed bits out that aren't really major points, like the monkey bike, various chinky motors, few CBR125s etc as I'm far too fuzzy to recollect them Laughing

Hope its been an OK wall of text Wink

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:01 - 26 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having re-read it, I'm sorry if it looks like wall of text Laughing

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 26 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
in fact it was that good it outpaced many many riders on the 2am ride we had, and I was 2 up. Laughing
Unfortunately, this was 100% correct, not only that, he was grinding pegs. Which when I mentioned to him after we stopped, Nemo wasn't totally impressed by that!

SQL
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 26 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

wotsthestory wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
in fact it was that good it outpaced many many riders on the 2am ride we had, and I was 2 up. Laughing
Unfortunately, this was 100% correct, not only that, he was grinding pegs. Which when I mentioned to him after we stopped, Nemo wasn't totally impressed by that!

Great night until the big boom Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GetawayDj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 06:20 - 27 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

KTM 200 EXC......It is pretty much a hooligan tool that I have already crashed into a hedge attempting to do stoppies and pretty much flipped doing wheelies... buy one.

Best sales pitch ever

Nice Read Thumbs Up

Grimeric
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 07:35 - 30 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great read. It's always interesting to read others experiences. I can't believe the drunk van driver got away so lightly.
MC This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:24 - 30 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
It did the job but was as you expect from a 500 twin, it was dire and made you want to hang yourself every single day.

Laughing

Your crash sounds appalling, can't believe the driver got off so lightly, your sentence was a lot worse Sad

I didn't doo too badly out of it, a years owrth of hassle and a lifetime of pain but hey, I'm still alive Laughing

Cyclingbiker
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:03 - 30 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck me Paddy you've been through the wars a bit on your bikes but good on you for sticking with it through the shit bits Thumbs Up

Mod 1 - Passed - 12/11/12 --- Mod 2 - Passed - 26/11/12

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:23 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic post, enjoyed that.

Paddy, If I'd have known your history I'm not sure I would have mounted your TTR behind you whilst you wheelied up the road with me pillion at BBQ. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Lad Thumbs Up

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 07:26 - 02 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikertomm wrote:
Epic post, enjoyed that.

Paddy, If I'd have known your history I'm not sure I would have mounted your TTR behind you whilst you wheelied up the road with me pillion at BBQ. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Lad Thumbs Up

People do refuse to come on the back, I also appear to be a crash magnet, both Iain and his Mrs have had crashes and shit and I tend to hang around them a fair bit.

Laughing

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 02 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good read which has brought me up to my lunch break.

Man you have really been through some serious shit! Your family must be losing their minds!

djrikki
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:45 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck sake Paddy - the big crash bit with brain damage was an eye opener!

Now at least I know why you're like this Laughing

In seriousness though thanks for sharing, very interesting reading and some good nuggets of info in there to maybe help avoid similar things Thumbs Up

gavcarter
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:33 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Crash-Test-Dummy-Decal-Sticker-/09/!Bu6nHeQBmk~$(KGrHqUOKnQEvyFry0lkBMCWnGW5ug~~_35.JPG

ever thought of putting these on your lid?
Just as a little warning?

Nice write up paddy!

Timmeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

like a boss padster!

I salute you. Very Happy
20:22:30 BLUEX5: i would love to be forced to undergo a**l plugging with different sizes
20:48:18 Temeluchus: comp you hunk of smouldering homos3x you

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:56 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's next haha. Or rather when?!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:30 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaFarmer wrote:
What's next haha. Or rather when?!

In what terms?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 328 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4