0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
August 30-31
73%
 73%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 19

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: BCF North Wales Trip [Picture Thread Link P12] Reply with quote

UPDATE
Will be doing this over August, 29th, 30th and 31st. Campsite will have essentially unlimited spaces available for any late arrivals who want to come along - post on here or PM me your mobile number if you want to come along/have shown interest and haven't already joined the whatsapp chat.
--------------------------
Definates
-Matt-
Aff
Smiler
Dave70
fatjames
Snoosnoo
chickenstrip
Az
Non-forum member 1
Non-forum member 2
--------------------------
ORIGINAL POST
The original plan has changed a lot due to peoples availability/costs/numbers - currently its just long-weekend of general biking and sight-seeing in North Wales.

Planning to arrange a camping trip near Snowdonia in Wales for sometime in June/July/August.

Its still early stages at the moment so open to input if people have any better ideas but the current plan is to leave early saturday and head up there - camp the night then leave late sunday so it fits around most peoples weekend. It may be worthwhile to throw the friday/monday into the plan if possible and camp there for second night, particularly for those who have further to travel. I went on a trip up there with Ws4936 a couple of months back and know a good quiet spot with plenty of space to camp off-road. Mountain stream nearby for washing/toilet requirements Laughing. See here.

On the Sunday I was hoping we can fit in some things for people to do depending on when people need to get home/if we can add in an extra spare day. Couple of people are interested in doing the Zipwire in the area, and theres a caving experience i'm interested in doing myself. Theres also various tours of the mountains, and generally great biking roads for anyone who just fancies an afternoon/day riding in the area. Hoping people can head off for a few hours to do whatever is of interest then meet back up to ride back until people head their seperate ways along the route.

Zipworld [The new Titan Zipwire should be open by July - Longest in the world Thumbs Up]
Europes longest and fastest Zipwire - £50 / 3-4 hours

Go Below
General caving and other underground stuff - £50 4-6 hours

Post/PM me if you're interested and we can try figure out what dates are best for people.

Last edited by -Matt- on 01:01 - 01 Sep 2014; edited 42 times in total

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated in the Top Secret BCF EuroTrip ChatRoom, I am a definite for this pretty much whenever it ends up being (we could do a maybe/definite list like Marm did for the EuroTrip thread).

I am interested in the Zip Ride as your video of it looked really good seeing all the views from so high up. Although I'm absolutely terrified of roller coasters and other such fast things which I have no control over. Is the Zip Ride anything like that?

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be totally honest - I was disappointed a bit. It was great fun and i'm glad I did it don't get me wrong, but I expected it to be more of a 'thrill'. Because of the angle you go down at for the most part and the wind buffering you feel relatively slow.

You aren't actually going slow at all, but the fact you're so high up makes the ground move very slowly which is all you have to measure your speed against. The main thing I remember was the noise - its extremely windy, it sounds like the video does through the drift Laughing

The only thing that might un-nerve you is if you're afraid of heights - at the beginning of both the zip descents [theres a small zip first], you have for a while in the air over a fairly high drop until they get confirmation its safe to release the slider. Once you're moving I doubt it will matter as you're looking around constantly.

I'll do a list as you suggested Thumbs Up

Aff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in the chat, stick me on the maybe.

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:
To be totally honest - I was disappointed a bit. It was great fun and i'm glad I did it don't get me wrong, but I expected it to be more of a 'thrill'. Because of the angle you go down at for the most part and the wind buffering you feel relatively slow.

I may very well give it a go then Thumbs Up I'm more interested in seeing the views and being so high up rather than going really fast.

Had a look on the caving website, that looks pretty good too, although I'll have to have a think about whether I can justify the £100 it will cost to do both...

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we only go for the single night camping fitting both caving/zip into one day will be near-impossible I think unless you get extremely lucky with a late/early booking on each Sad

If we don't make the trip before Euro though, in June they're opening a new wire - Zip-Titan, which will be the largest Zip-Line in the world. If we go after Euro then i'll probably join you at Zipworld and repeat it/ do the new one Razz www.zipworld.co.uk/titan

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:
Zip-Titan, which will be the largest Zip-Line in the world.

https://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p690/monteme0/Untitled_zpscabd720f.jpg

By the looks of it you have to pre-book so we will have to get in relatively quick I expect. I'm kind of glad you said it will be too hard to get both activities in one day as I didn't really fancy spending £100. Zip Ride it is for me I think Very Happy .

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well noticed Rolling Eyes

Perhaps won't be available to us by the time we confirm bookings then - Seems to read as if its a 2 week pre-booking/opening to start with. So depending when we go it might be okay; although I expect it will be very busy even into July with that having just opened/the weather being good Neutral

ws4936
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 24 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

That camp site is perfect man, great location!
Heavily suggest an early leave to get there, especially if you take that gorgeous scenic route from Newport northbound.

I only have about 3-4 weeks when I get back before I'm touring again to Spain for 6 weeks, so it'll be a tight window, but would love to do that again! The road/ride/Zipline/camp was all fantastic, can't see why anyone wouldn't want to do it tbh.

I'll do what I can to squeeze it in, cept the caving! Done that once before, vowed never to do it again :p
I can't recall the one we done, but the level was pretty tough, and although not a claustrophobic sufferer....some of the positions I had to contort to to get out left me never wanting to repeat it.

I'll tag along for moral support though. Thumbs Up

Dilyan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:57 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep an eye on this one. Need solid dates so I can book it off. Zipwire looks awesome, would love to glue my phone on my head and shit myself Smile

_Troy_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have every weekend free, so dates don't matter to me. However, money does. I have not long started my new job, so a couple of months without pay is going to be hitting me hard. I'll have to see how funds are when the time comes.

Oh and my brother wanted to come along to this. He doesn't have a bike, and wants to come pillion for the trip. Good idea of not? It means our luggage would need to be spread among others...

_Troy_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I typed the above I was handed my pay slip - so I am getting moneys this month. It's also the biggest pay packed I've ever had Cool

So, I'm pretty much a definite, depending on brother passenger and bike condition.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get an extra tent on the back of mine if needs be I expect - So long as you have a tank bag, or even Paris takes a backpack tbh should be fine Thumbs Up

No chance he'll get a bike sorted out Razz?

_Troy_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:
I can get an extra tent on the back of mine if needs be I expect - So long as you have a tank bag, or even Paris takes a backpack tbh should be fine Thumbs Up

No chance he'll get a bike sorted out Razz?

Absolutely no chance of getting a bike sorted. He has far too many outgoings and little room for bike. I told him to buy a cheap 500, use it for summer and then ditch it for what he paid, but I don't think he can even do that tbh.

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, going keep an eye on this.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:32 - 26 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to delay the original plan and arrange this for June/July to fit it in after the BCF Euro trip as seems the majority are more likely/only able to come around then.

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:01 - 26 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I should still be able to come then Very Happy

Paris2
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:04 - 26 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the list before I even read the thread! Laughing

I'm only a definite depending on dates, as I may have work.

And no, no chance of me getting a bike. We are saving for a house at the moment and a bike suddenly arriving in our garage would not go down too well Laughing

I'll ride bitch with Troy, I have done it many times and will amuse myself by poking him in the back of the head.

_Troy_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 26 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paris2 wrote:

I'll ride bitch with Troy, I have done it many times and will amuse myself by poking him in the back of the head.

/manning the GoPro for cool footage.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 26 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah my bad, down-graded you to a maybe for now Razz

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick me on as a maybe. Sounds like a good plan (except caving, I wont do that again! Aaaannd is there a b&b for the too posh to camp?? Laughing )

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:50 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a fair few villages in the surrounding area you should be able to find somewhere thats not too pricey, may need a bit of booking in advance being July but hopefully we'll have some potential dates a fair bit ahead of time so should be fine Thumbs Up

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatjames wrote:
Stick me on as a maybe. Sounds like a good plan (except caving, I wont do that again! Aaaannd is there a b&b for the too posh to camp?? Laughing )

This place is ok if you are not TOO posh.

I stayed here once, £15 for a single room. You do have to go to all the trouble of putting the supplied cover on the supplied duvet though.

This seems to have upset most of the people leaving reviews.

It's 1.5 miles from the camping.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/lledr-house-hostel.en-us.html?sid=7f86804c372e06ca0b656e2d0b4a9770;dcid=2;wl_id=8929456
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite tempting for 15 quid Shifty although would ruin the whole point of it being a camping trip of we ALL went there i guess Laughing

You reckon you might be able to make it Marm or too tricky with work?

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:21 - 02 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:
Quite tempting for 15 quid Shifty although would ruin the whole point of it being a camping trip of we ALL went there i guess Laughing

You reckon you might be able to make it Marm or too tricky with work?

It is certainly possible.

Likely I'll confirm after euro jolly.
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 362 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12