Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

GPZ500s from minor crash to rebuild

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

robocog
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:18 - 27 Apr 2014    Post subject: GPZ500s from minor crash to rebuild Reply with quote

It broke, I did stuff to it, documented it, posted it to somewhere I thought would inspire others, as they had inspired me

It got plagirised by a pillock, I took it down,Plagiriser has fook all to plagirise
Meh the world still spins

Last edited by robocog on 00:23 - 27 Aug 2014; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shreeve
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 08:56 - 27 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thread, certainly safer to ride in the dark now compared to before!! Laughing

Would take me a month to do half of what you did.
KenBB This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

robocog
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:22 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like mine un-listed please Ken

(it's also not a sport bike or an inline 4)

Regards
Rob

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:34 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

they have my ratty beemer listed as a "sports tourer"
not even in my wildest dreams would i class it as that

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:30 - 27 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through his directory of bike builds and it seems that he steals content from people. Did he ask permission? I haven't gone through the whole thing but came across 27 builds taken straight from here including 3 from Valentino Mossey, 2 from Aff, Billing, Paddy, Nowhere.Elysium, Irn Bru, TUG, Snow Tigress and so on.

Cheeky sod!

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 08:55 - 27 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly each build is tagged from the site it is stolen from... but you can't search for Bikechatforums.com.

I think this is immensely cheeky, and I know people will say 'it's in the public domain so it's fair game!'. Well, it isn't. The terms and conditions of this site prevent plagiarising it. The question is whether or not Korn could be arsed to do anything about it...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 08:58 - 27 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've sent the guy a message asking him to remove the link to my build from his site. Let's see how he deals with it.

Interestingly enough, he didn't mention on my thread that he was doing so, so it's a bit on the underhanded side.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:16 - 27 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:
I went through his directory of bike builds and it seems that he steals content from people. Did he ask permission? I haven't gone through the whole thing but came across 27 builds taken straight from here including 3 from Valentino Mossey, 2 from Aff, Billing, Paddy, Nowhere.Elysium, Irn Bru, TUG, Snow Tigress and so on.

Cheeky sod!

There is no hope for his site Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

robocog
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:52 - 27 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play, KenBB has replied to my PM requesting he takes it off his (para)site and has done so

Ken if you do so happen to read this and fancy trying a less parasitic one way relationship with your content authors I have a couple of suggestions

Just asking before doing I'm sure would yield good results without hard feeling

Offering free image storage space in return would have pretty much guaranteed all my photos ...and the ones I didn't post (I kept my picture count down here to aid the page loading times)

Just my 2p's worth

Regards
Rob
KenBB This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 28 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of of interest does yankee law or british law apply to material originating from the UK?

Furthermore, duplicating content and serving your own ads over the top of it is not fair use. There is no significant transformation, just good old fashioned copyright infringement.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:23 - 28 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question apparently, maybe this will (not) shed some light.

https://moz.com/blog/international-copyright-on-the-web-what-rules-apply-to-me-and-what-court-will-apply-them-

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 08:49 - 28 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

KenBB wrote:
For example, if you do a Google Image search for "bikechatforums.com" and your username, you should see plenty of your photos.
...Except for the fact that images are now replaced by text, thanks to one of Korn's updates. Not one of the photos that came up when I searched for 'bikechatforums nowhere.elysium' was of my bikes - the only one that was related was my avatar image.

As I said to you in my PM earlier, the important thing that you seem to be missing is asking permission. Assuming that it's OK is not cool.
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 241 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1