Writing off a GSXR with no leathers.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 12:08 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatefreak wrote:
So that will be another £xxx,xxx worth of medical care, pissed up a wall because he just doesn't care...

Yeah its cool to 'not giv'a fuk' however when your antics go wrong its everyone else that stumps up the money to put you back together.

Would you give a fuck if you had to stump up the medical expenses?

I'd rather pay for that than a lot of the things my taxes pay for.

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Oh, thank you very much for making Tef's point about modern supersport 600s. Mad

Those are very light injuries for that off - I take it that he did a lot of sliding and not much impacting?

Anyway, I'm glad that he walked away. Thumbs Up

He hardly did any sliding across the road, but the little time he did have in contact on the road he sustained those injuries.
He got flung into a field and spent most of his time off the bike in the field and very little time rolling across tarmac.

Knacker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:11 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al wrote:
Hi mate, not recently I normally do one or two a year to clear out the cobwebs Smile
See you have a k1 1000 now! What happened to the Srad?

It just got moved aside in the Garage Wink

https://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb259/Squeaky_86_2007/imagejpg2-1.jpg

DottyDuck
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:27 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough his injuries, especially the road rash, could have been avoided but bloodyhell why does everyone get so pissy and have an "i told you so" attitude. Rolling Eyes I think the poor bloke now knows he has made a mistake and i bet a lot of people here haven't fully geared up. I know I haven't and it certainly isn't because i think i am "pro".

Rolling Eyes

Timmeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still don't understand the BCF pack mentality dotteh!

p.s. poor obs
20:22:30 BLUEX5: i would love to be forced to undergo a**l plugging with different sizes
20:48:18 Temeluchus: comp you hunk of smouldering homos3x you

Conzar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wearing high end leather trousers still did this
https://oi49.tinypic.com/2058bjl.jpg
https://i48.tinypic.com/e8x3ye.jpg

Its just luck of the draw im afraid.
11:05:35 Rob Fzs: i just wanna own an rd350 valve before they send us to war with durkadurkastan

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeans and a t-shirt can give a nice feeling of freedom.. Only done it on boiling hot days so it's pretty safe as we all know it's impossible to crash when the sun is out.

Conzar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:53 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i went on a rider improvement course the guy there was giving some excellent points across about how when you suit up in full gear you feel more safe/invincible, as to when riding in a tshirt and shorts you tend to be much more aware when riding.
11:05:35 Rob Fzs: i just wanna own an rd350 valve before they send us to war with durkadurkastan

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the bike back to my brothers warehouse today and popped it into one of the spare rooms: https://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/AzAndBikes/IMG_9137_zps06fb60ec.jpeg
https://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/AzAndBikes/IMG_1716_zpsd4b60ca6.jpeg
https://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/AzAndBikes/IMG_8508_zps468087c6.jpeg
https://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/AzAndBikes/IMG_4652_zps6bc23fb4.jpeg

Conzar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a triple figure off its certainly got off lightly! much better than mine!

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conzar wrote:
When i went on a rider improvement course the guy there was giving some excellent points across about how when you suit up in full gear you feel more safe/invincible, as to when riding in a tshirt and shorts you tend to be much more aware when riding.

Judging by the majority of riding I've seen coming from people in shorts and tshirt, I'd say they are not even aware of how to ride a bike, let alone anything else.

The other day I was at a local Ducati/Yamaha/Suzuki showroom and some kid came and took an 899 Pani out for a test ride, wearing shorts, tshirt and espadrilles.

Two hours later I saw him filter past as I was sat at some lights in my car on the way to do the weekly shop. He forced his way past a taxi at the front and the back end was all over the place as he opened the throttle on the gravel by the traffic island... how he didn't bin it I don't know.

5 minutes later I caught up with him as he was stuck at a bus gate traffic lights (they only detect things as big as buses, so bikes/taxis using them legitimately don't trigger the light sequence). He finally got through and wheelied past me and several over cars before slamming the front down and getting a tank slapper that saw him weave across 3 lanes approaching a busy roundabout.

I'm not even sure if he made it back to the showroom.

Other people I see in tshirts are often pulling lairy filtering manoeuvres or very dodgy overtakes.

I would say that I am more aware of the risks than them, because in suiting up I am acknowledging the high risks to life and limb if I have an accident. Their lack of kit seems almost a denial of the risks.

I know not everyone will be that way, but just what I've seen around here.

Conzar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not the point, the point is that some people feel like Rossi in there Astars once piece and tend to ride like they think they are Rossi.

There are Nobbers that wear full gear, part gear or no gear you still get them.

DottyDuck
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:35 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaFarmer wrote:

Their lack of kit seems almost a denial of the risks.

You are making out that there is no way you will die in life unless you are not wearing "kit" on a motorbike. Rolling Eyes "Kit" doesn't instantly mean you will be invincible, like conzar has shown, he had leathers on and he still was badly injured. If anything when i am on the "twisties" and i have my bike gear on i will lean into corners a lot more because i feel "safer" but if i was in casual clothing i would actually be less "agressive" in my riding. (Not that i am agressive! lol)

rideslikean00...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:48 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Az wrote:

He'll defo' be wearing leathers in the future (that's if he even gets back on a bike, his wife isn't too happy). He does normally wear leathers but he just thought that he was only nipping out for half an hour and it was a road he knew really well so just thought he'd quickly pop up for a little ride then come home.

Lol then he probably needs to change his definition of a little ride. Any ride where the speed hits triple figures isn't little, it's the one that could be your last! So you gotta suit up...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOTTYDUCK wrote:
LlamaFarmer wrote:

Their lack of kit seems almost a denial of the risks.

You are making out that there is no way you will die in life unless you are not wearing "kit" on a motorbike. Rolling Eyes "Kit" doesn't instantly mean you will be invincible, like conzar has shown, he had leathers on and he still was badly injured. If anything when i am on the "twisties" and i have my bike gear on i will lean into corners a lot more because i feel "safer" but if i was in casual clothing i would actually be less "agressive" in my riding. (Not that i am agressive! lol)

Not at all. Just comparing the riders around here that I've seen wearing tshirts & trainers and how they ride. There are some who are riding fairly normally, but majority of them are doing something particularly risky that even in full leathers, boots, gloves I would be cautious of.

I know kit doesn't make you invincible, it would be arrogant and irresponsible to think it did... but leathers or decent textiles protect you a damn sight more than a thin cotton tshirt and shorts, even at low speed.

The result of coming off at only 25mph... in shorts and tshirt.
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t1.0-9/999989_180490688795186_1979361509_n.jpg

Filtering close past stationary cars at 30mph in your tshirt, like some of the people I've seen, and there is a very high chance they may end up like that.

They obviously feel a lot more invincible than me!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:10 - 05 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, they're more skilful riders than you are which is why they're able to ride in ways that you think are risky?

Out of interest, what advanced training have you done?

That 25mph in shorts and t-shirt roadrash, was that a motorcyclist or a cyclist?

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 05 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Maybe, they're more skilful riders than you are which is why they're able to ride in ways that you think are risky?

Out of interest, what advanced training have you done?

That 25mph in shorts and t-shirt roadrash, was that a motorcyclist or a cyclist?

I wouldn't call wobbling around and unable to ride at walking pace without peddling skilful. Maybe they are more skilful though.

That was I believe a 125 enduro-style bike but not entirely sure... just something someone shared on fb

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 05 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conzar wrote:

I always suit up and find myself feeling confident and relaxed so it allows me to concentrate on riding. That's the commute to work.
The only time I've ridden in shorts and a t shirt was moving my bike up the road to wash it. Felt great physically, but I wasn't relaxed and would be far more likely to fuck up and panic in a proper "moment". Just didn't feel right for me.

I guess that people who don't wear gear just don't see the risk or worry about it, bitch of a way to learn though. Wink

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 06 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I didn't have to wear gear sometimes, it seems to take forever to suit up!

I put off getting some proper boots for ages, but then I relented after hearing horror stories like Paddy's where people have nearly had amputations. Then I made a tit of myself struggling to change gear because the boots are bigger than I was used to. Still think I should probably move the gear lever up a bit, since it still sometimes happens if I try to flick up in anger.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 06 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben-B wrote:

The result of coming off at only 25mph... in shorts and tshirt.
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t1.0-9/999989_180490688795186_1979361509_n.jpg

Filtering close past stationary cars at 30mph in your tshirt, like some of the people I've seen, and there is a very high chance they may end up like that.

They obviously feel a lot more invincible than me!

That's pretty much what I looked like last time I binned the pushbike at 40ish mph.

Nobody suggested I should have been wearing leathers instead of lycra! Laughing

Conzar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 06 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stand up wheelie today in trainers and jeans, didn't die Thumbs Up

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatefreak wrote:
So that will be another £xxx,xxx worth of medical care, pissed up a wall because he just doesn't care...

Yeah its cool to 'not giv'a fuk' however when your antics go wrong its everyone else that stumps up the money to put you back together.

Would you give a fuck if you had to stump up the medical expenses?

*sighs*

Strayed a bit off topic there!

3 figures without much gear.
Luck to still have an arm Rolling Eyes

-Jvr

You're correct but yet people still argue when given a ticket for no seatbelt even though the same principle applies to cars.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2