Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Paid for this last night...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dark Angel
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:24 - 30 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... thats still triple figures.

its economical and fun. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:06 - 30 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Angel wrote:

Economical + fun = boring.
Fun and wallet emptying = awesome.
Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:03 - 30 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Dark Angel wrote:

Thumbs Up

What, exactly, is an awesome bike then, Paddy?

From what I can tell, you've had quite a few of the bikes many would consider to be exciting - R1, TL1000, GSX-R1000, Supermotos, etc. - yet you've got rid of them all in pretty short order and currently bomb around on the most slated-for-being-dull bike in the history of BCF.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:19 - 30 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:

From what I can tell, you've had quite a few of the bikes many would consider to be exciting - R1, TL1000, GSX-R1000, Supermotos, etc. - yet you've got rid of them all in pretty short order and currently bomb around on the most slated-for-being-dull bike in the history of BCF.

None of my bikes have been exciting, the 200 EXC was the most fun I've had in a while but lacked real go go power. The litres go too fast too easy and are dire. No one can use their power on the road.

The SV is a track bike, if its good enough for mini twins its more than good enough for me.

Looking at the 675 triples now... so we shall see.

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 02 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
the 200 EXC was the most fun I've had in a while but lacked real go go power.

This explains exactly why my watch list is currently full of EXC300's Wub .

They should have made that ninja a 2 stroke, then it could have been awesome Thumbs Up .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

beardface
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:51 - 03 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

1cyl wrote:
They should have made that ninja a 2 stroke, then it could have been awesome Thumbs Up .

150rr is a 2014 2-stroke, not coming to this island though! There is also a 250 2-stroke version too Thumbs Up
https://p1.bikepics.com/2012/09/08/bikepics-2452628-800.jpg

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:48 - 03 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colour scheme always reminds me of a licorice allsort Thumbs Up

Speedyboy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:34 - 03 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Dark Angel wrote:

Thumbs Up

Could'nt disagree more with that statement.

Wallet emptying = misery.

Just imagine your bike constantly off the road because you cannot afford to repair it. Just imagine constantly having to put fuel in it. Just imagine having to compromise safety buying cheap kit cause just keeping your bike on the road is emptying your wallet. Does'nt sound like fun to me.

Have you ever actually riden a 250 ninja?????
Very Happy

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:23 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedgehugger wrote:
The colour scheme always reminds me of a licorice allsort Thumbs Up

Which is odd because there is no green coloured liquorice allsort! Smile

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 07:54 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedyboy wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
Thumbs Up
Very Happy

+1
Nexus Icon wrote:

I think that Paddy's 'meh' attitude to anything less than sensational, and his short retention span, is symptomatic of a syndrome, instilled by 'Playstation culture' in that generation.

I mean, when I was a kid, we got a box for Christmas that had a picture of a Fairey Swordfish aeroplane on the lid, and said something like "Full Flight working model, 1:124 scale" Then perhaps something like, "POLYMER POWER! Featuring innovative low friction bearings!"

You opened the box, and inside were a few sticks of balsa wood, some tissue paper, an unbent paper clip, a plastic bead (the low friction bearing!) and an elastic band!

Dad would give you a blunt Wilkinson Sword razor blade snapped in half with a bit of masking tape over the snapped edge to chop the, printed formers out of the balsa sheet, and an Englands glory box to sand them to shape... then you would argue over glue!

If you had the patience, by the end of the holidays you might have something looking vaguely like an aeroplane, and the 'Thrill' of watching it trundle down the garden path, on its wobbly wheels, for about thirty second after five minutes winding the proppeller...

After much jiggling with the under-carriage to stop the wheels jamming, you eventually realised that the garden path wasn't smooth enough for a 'ground launch' so hand launched instead, and after tying three elastic bands together and replacing the match-stick six times from over winding it.... it FLEW.... for about thirty seconds.. and you went "WOW!" and we would rave about this for a week, and try building an even BIGGER one from the left over balsa wood, 'cos that would REALLY fly!

This was how we acquired the patience to spend two days loading Daley Thompsons Decathlon into a Sinclair ZX Spectrum off c90 cassettes in an ALBA walkman....

Playstation? They open their christmas present, and take out a disc; stick it in a machine, and two minutes later, have a fully functional Euro-Fighter flight simulator, and a super-hero mission to play, in real time....

And when they are bored, they can pick up another disc and be a World Heavyweight champion, martial arts expert, or secret agent.

INSTANT gratification, all provided with little effort, little imagination, and all 'in the machine', 'on demand'... and all achieved so easily... ultimately less rewarding and less satisfying and more quickly discarded chasing ever more sensation from bigger bangs, faster graphics and more sensational scenario's.

Who needs patience, imagination, application, ALL you need is money and the right hard-ware; if its not exiting enough, upgrade; buy a better console, get the latest games; all you need is money...

To the ultimate conclusion, that nothing delivers the sensation that is sought, and the only thing of value, is the next must have consumer product, hyped' so that consumers believe it offers them the sensational sensation they seek... to get their next 'fix' until bored, the cycle is repeated.

Modern society is breeding frustration and disappointment in our children, fostering over ambitious aspirations, while doing little to give them to tools needed to achieve them, or the values to appreciate them.

Be interesting to see how long Paddy's enthusiasm for the SV, riding round in ever decreasing, ever more expensive circles, lasts before that too becomes 'oh so 'meh', and whether the answer to that will be to chase the aspirations further up that tree, or jump to a new one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:50 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedyboy wrote:

Just imagine your bike constantly off the road because you cannot afford to repair it. Just imagine constantly having to put fuel in it. Just imagine having to compromise safety buying cheap kit cause just keeping your bike on the road is emptying your wallet. Does'nt sound like fun to me.

Very Happy

If you can't afford to run and fix the bike, obviously don't buy it. I'm not troubled with that however.

I buy cheap kit anyway, £10 helmet ftw.

Have I ridden a 250 Ninja, no, god no. I wouldn't openly admit to it on this forum anyway, its like saying you've slept with Teflon's missus.

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Have I ridden a 250 Ninja, no, god no. I wouldn't openly admit to it on this forum anyway, its like saying you've slept with Teflon's missus.

That would mean you fell asleep early and she kept talking regardless Wink

I would only buy Ninja 250 if I already had more bikes in my garage.

Ninja 250 as the only bike? What a sucky life would that be.

Last edited by Musketeer on 11:00 - 07 Jul 2014; edited 1 time in total

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:00 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate have you seen it, don't think she has time to talk whilst piling in those cream cakes into her Susan Boyle-esque face Shocked

deadwolf
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:38 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that can survive a trip across the Himalayas has my vote Thumbs Up

https://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/ready-to-take-the-plunge.jpg

https://www.motorcycle-usa.com/308/8041/Motorcycle-Article/Himalayas-Tour--Ninja-250-Through-the-Passes.aspx

Lots of Ninja 150 strokers here in Malaysia. Can't stand 'em myself, really flimsy looking fairings and frame and an overall cheap feeling all over. Decent performance but I'd much rather have a dual sport for the roads around here.

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadwolf wrote:
Anything that can survive a trip across the Himalayas has my vote Thumbs Up

https://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/ready-to-take-the-plunge.jpg

Looks like many people were there to help Wink

Speedyboy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:35 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Speedyboy wrote:

Very Happy

If you can't afford to run and fix the bike, obviously don't buy it. I'm not troubled with that however.

Well obviously if the bike is out of your financial means then dont buy it but i would rather be riding the bike than looking at it in the garage because a repair is to expensive. I myself do all my own repairs always have always will so have no issues running the bikes i have owned. My point is a bike doesnt have to be wallet emptying to be fun.

If you wear a £10 helmet you must have a £10 head. Rolling Eyes
Would never ride in anything but the best you cant put a price on your life.

If you have never riden a 250 ninja how can you have an opinion on one? I was riding a 250 ninja on Saturday on a great road near my home and can say its a great bike. More than fast enough to get in serious trouble and great fun on twisty roads add to that the 250 ninja in question is doing around 70 mpg which means around double what my bike is doing. So all in all an awesome fun bike that doesnt empty your wallet. End of. Very Happy

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 07:20 - 08 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedyboy wrote:

Do tell me why my £10 lid has a higher sharp rating than a £300 one.

Do you think they could sell a helmet that doesn't meet specific safety requirements.

I await your response.

Also, can't put a price on your life, why ride? I've never really hit my helmets in a crash, 2 times its probably hit the floor. The rest were injuries elsewhere. Wink

Dark Angel
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:02 - 08 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have I ridden a 250 Ninja, no, god no. I wouldn't openly admit to it on this forum anyway, its like saying you've slept with Teflon's missus.[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would be more embarrassed about admitting the fact you wear a £10 helmet than anything else.

That's just shocking Shocked oh dear!!

You clearly don't like your head.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:40 - 08 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Angel wrote:
I would be more embarrassed about admitting the fact you wear a £10 helmet than anything else.

That's just shocking Shocked oh dear!!

You clearly don't like your head.

What is the problem? It conforms to the minimum safety requirements for a helmet. What about those suckers in half face or flip up ones which are rated far less than mine, even a few hundred pound Arai that has 2 stars rather than the 4 stars I have.
Whistle

As above, read the post.

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 08 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It about the fit of a helmet not the price tag Thumbs Up hell some of the more expensive lids are more form over function if the Sharp ratings are anything to go by.

Speedyboy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:13 - 08 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Speedyboy wrote:

Do tell me why my £10 lid has a higher sharp rating than a £300 one.

Do you think they could sell a helmet that doesn't meet specific safety requirements.

I await your response.

Also, can't put a price on your life, why ride? I've never really hit my helmets in a crash, 2 times its probably hit the floor. The rest were injuries elsewhere. Wink

Ok if you paid £10 for your lid i assume that you bought it second hand?

If so then how do you know that the helmet hasnt been dropped or damaged internally. Yes you are correct their are lids that have a high sharp rating for not a lot of money but I would never buy one. I will only put my head in a good fitting quality helmet then heaven forbid i do have a crash I know I have the best protection i can. Also the more you pay the better fit you will get with the likes of Shoei offering multipul shell sizes again the better the fit the more protection.

To preach that you are only willing to spend £10 on a helmet to me shows the kind of person that you are. It screams out that if thats the most your willing to spend on a vital piece of protection then you will more than likely cheap out on other things too maybe brake pads or tyres? Embarassed I certainly would'nt come on a public forum and say i ride around with a £10 lid and have the cheek to diss another user for owning a very nice bike Shhh!

Anyway back on topic any input that you have regarding the very nice 250 ninja that is pictured at the begining of this thread is null and void as in my book you cannot have a valid opinion if you have not even riden the bike in question.

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 08 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedyboy wrote:
Blah bah blahh Crying or Very sad

https://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/931/45b754b75.jpg

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 08 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedyboy wrote:
Such gush

Seriously, you are making enormous judgements on someone based solely on the fact that he paid £10 for a helmet? Do you actually no anything else about him?

The fact the helmet was £10 does not mean it was second hand. Often, stores will give massive reductions on old stock (look at the thread about the Bell helmets recently, for example) where you will get a very good helmet for very little money.

But ignore what I have said, Paddy paid £10 for his helmet and therefore he is a homicidal, kitten murdering maniac. In fact, he is probably crashing his bike right into a kitten orphanage right now because of his lack of brake pads.

Also, just thought about this statement you made:

Speedyboy wrote:
Anyway back on topic any input that you have regarding the very nice 250 ninja that is pictured at the begining of this thread is null and void as in my book you cannot have a valid opinion if you have not even riden the bike in question.

This is something of a double standard isn't it? Paddy isn't allowed to make judgements on the Ninja 250 because he hasn't ridden it (note that everyone has access to the spec sheet), yet you can make judgements about his helmet despite not even knowing it's make and model, let alone what it's like to wear. You know less about the helmet than Paddy does about the bike, yet you're making judgements Rolling Eyes

Last edited by -Monty- on 18:58 - 08 Jul 2014; edited 1 time in total

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 08 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:

I just can't quite put my finger on it... but there seems to be something missing from this photo... Confused

Speedyboy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:17 - 08 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

monteme0 wrote:
Speedyboy wrote:
Such gush

Seriously, you are making enormous judgements on someone based solely on the fact that he paid £10 for a helmet? Do you actually no anything else about him?

The fact the helmet was £10 does not mean it was second hand. Often, stores will give massive reductions on old stock (look at the thread about the Bell helmets recently, for example) where you will get a very good helmet for very little money.

But ignore what I have said, Paddy paid £10 for his helmet and therefore he is a homicidal, kitten murdering maniac. In fact, he is probably crashing his bike right into a kitten orphanage right now because of his lack of brake pads.

Also, just thought about this statement you made:

Speedyboy wrote:

This is something of a double standard isn't it? Paddy isn't allowed to make judgements on the Ninja 250 because he hasn't ridden it (note that everyone has access to the spec sheet), yet you can make judgements about his helmet despite not even knowing it's make and model, let alone what it's like to wear. You know less about the helmet than Paddy does about the bike, yet you're making judgements Rolling Eyes

Read the whole thread Paddy made judgments on a bike that he has no experience of. Spec sheets mean nothing to pass judgment you need to ride the bike.

Come on £10 on the most vital piece of safety equipment you can have????? That is a joke.

Why do you think the likes of Rossi, Mcguiness, Dunlop to name a few wear top line kit? To protect them thats why. I stand to my word if you wear a £10 helmet you have a £10 head.

Next thing you will be saying is its ok to ride in shorts when its hot.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 288 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4